It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legit Questions for ATS Liberals…Shed Some Light Please

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.
ATS policy on comments that do not add to the discussion
edit on 8-4-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.
ATS policy on comments that do not add to the discussion

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by RicoMarston

You missed Seabag's point entirely. The point is why promote one thing then promote another thing which condemns it? The answer is unfortunately that Sharia Law undermines the Constitution and liberals don't care if their hypocrisy is showing under the dress.

No it does not. You being ignorant about what Sharia is does not make it any more scary to people that actually know what the # they are talking about. Your statement is not only not correct, it smells like you pulled it from the back of your pants.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Maybe but I'm right!

So part of thinking you are right is insulting others? I thought we were all working on moving past this? I thought we were growing tired of the name calling and coy comments for others perspectives. Part of the problem, or part of the solution?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by LErickson

I couldn't have said it better myself. The question's are utterly ridiculous. I had to laugh my ass off concerning the Sarah Palin question.....omg.... I think I'm still on the floor over that one.

.... Abortion and the death penalty.... Two different subjects but what worries me, is that this OP really see's a coralation between the two? With that question being asked along w/ the others, but that one being the worst... I would have to say....

Hell....there's nothing to say because the questions are basically ( sorry ) ridiculous. As in the abortion-death I've got to say... 2 different subjects and how anyone could say there 1 in the same belief system when there 2 different issues leaves me Stupified.

He is right about the abortion/death penalty issue. Liberals justify abortion, calling the innocent unborn baby everything from "parasite" to "lining of the uterus" to " a bunch of cells", while suggesting that people convicted of some of the most violent and heinous crimes should be put up with taxpayer dollars the rest of their life and even given remedial therapy in the hopes they will learn to play nice in society.
Do you really not see the irony of it?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You missed Seabag's point entirely. The point is why promote one thing then promote another thing which condemns it? The answer is unfortunately that Sharia Law undermines the Constitution and liberals don't care if their hypocrisy is showing under the dress.

How is allowing someone to follow their own way of life hypocritical?

Also, there's no promotion going on here. A straight person is not going to promote homosexuality. A christian will not promote islam. A republican will not promote democrat. An american will not promote sharia law. Why the hell would they? Promoting human rights is all I've ever seen from the left.

I have never seen a single liberal promoting sharia law. Sharia law is as conservative as you can get.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Also, there's no promotion going on here. A straight person is not going to promote homosexuality. A christian will not promote islam. A republican will not promote democrat. An american will not promote sharia law. Why the hell would they? Promoting human rights is all I've ever seen from the left.

I have never seen a single liberal promoting sharia law. Sharia law is as conservative as you can get.

Maybe in the lexicon of Islamic countries Sharia Law is conservative. Certainly in the lexicon of the American Constitution it is not. But let's just say that Sharia is not compatible with the American Constitution, and some liberals are overlooking the effects of Sharia in western countries. It is happening in the UK and don't pretend it isn't. It is not simply a matter of people following some innocuous way of life. That would be Buddhist if anything, but Sharia is not Buddhist. Stoning to death for adultery is not a punishment accepted in our court of law and why aren't more liberal feminists speaking out about such things? Why instead are they sheltering the idea of putting coverings on woman's faces? Even Betty Friedan should be shocked by this interpretation of feminine rights not to be a man's chattels.

If gays are punished in Sharia, how is that allowing people to live their own lives? Do we allow people to live their own lives when we punish murder?

I found a precursory view on Islamic teaching regarding this matter. You are free to find an alternative view.

Islamic Shari'ah law is extracted from both the Qur'an and hadiths. Islamic jurisprudence are expansion of the laws contained within them by Islamic jurists. Therefore, they are seen as the laws of Allah. You need only look to the rulings under Shari'ah to see the accepted mainstream interpretation of Islam and its commandments to its followers. Homosexuality under this law, is not only a sin, but a punishable crime against God.
In the case of homosexuality, how it is dealt with differs between the four mainline schools of Sunni jurisprudence today, but what they all agree upon is that homosexuality is worthy of a severe penalty.

In the Hanafi school of thought, the homosexual is first punished through harsh beating, and if he/she repeats the act, the death penalty is to be applied.
As for the Shafi`i school of thought, the homosexual receives the same punishment as adultery (if he/she is married) or fornication (if not married). This means, that if the homosexual is married, he/she is stoned to death, while if single, he/she is whipped 100 times. Hence, the Shafi`i compares the punishment applied in the case of homosexuality with that of adultery and fornication.

wikiislam.net...

So we have now shown that Islam tends toward condemnation of it with punishment, and also that liberals have promoted Sharia in one way or another.

edit on 8-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Also, if you have never seen a liberal promote Sharia Law then you were just looking the other way. Try Elena Kagan(she is liberal is she not?)

shariafreeusa.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Apparently Statists grow government on both the left and the right!

Because statism has very little to do with left or right, that is a myth conservatives
have made up because their policies suck and fail. So they need a great many
lies to make up for the lack of substance.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

No it does not. You being ignorant about what Sharia is does not make it any more scary to people that actually know what the # they are talking about. Your statement is not only not correct, it smells like you pulled it from the back of your pants.

Again you are lambasting me for something you know nothing of. Clearly in another thread you did not know anything of Margaret Sanger and the fact that she started Planned Parenthood and you do not know of the Rockefeller de-population agenda(just study the UN Agenda 21 already) so it was easier to just call me racist since you cannot argue a truly intellectual point on the matter. Next, you do not understand the implications of Sharia Law in our Constitution, so again just lambaste me with nothing but rhetoric. Again, it requires deeper study than you have achieved.
Unless you can point by point prove to me you know something about the subject.
How about if you tell me what you find intriguingly great about Sharia? Perhaps you heard that it's some kind of great accounting principles.....that is it is against certain banking tendencies. But then oh Timothy Geithner should have known better when he was advocating for AIG Sharia Compliant insurance. He is Establishment accountant is he not?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Very good questions. I hope you don't expect any logical answers.

Which illustrates my point quite nicely.

Thank you and goodnight!

[APPLAUSE]

edit on 8-4-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

He got several logical answers, but the only ones anyone are discussing are the uneducated troll baiters.

No one in this thread is actually interested in furthering the discussion, only adding to the fury.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Again with the insults.

I guess some want to continue the divide and blame game. Love the broad stroke generalization game that occurs on both sides. Oh well, let freedom ring....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Apparently Statists grow government on both the left and the right!

Because statism has very little to do with left or right, that is a myth conservatives
have made up because their policies suck and fail. So they need a great many
lies to make up for the lack of substance.

I'm glad I read this post before I put too much more effort into debating you. It's not going anywhere but in circles. If I said only leftists are Statists what would you have bashed me with?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Again with the insults.

I guess some want to continue the divide and blame game. Love the broad stroke generalization game that occurs on both sides. Oh well, let freedom ring....

I'm not insulting at all. The questions themselves point out the illogical nature of liberal thinking. The OP is quite accurate in expressing that liberals will, for instance, claim to support minorities, while at the same time support social programs that keep the same minorities mired in poverty. WhY would they do that?? It is a legitimate question that begs clarification, because people who use logic and reason cannot understand why that is.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

There's not much hope, when some have already decided that you can't believe what liberals say, for they all use double speak and lie. Only Conservatives mean what they say. Only conservatives know the truth. Anyway just more examples of confirmation bias from both sides.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Again with the insults.

Well, look if you want a real debate, then why can people dismiss the fact that I completely refuted the uninformed message that no liberals promote Sharia with one little itty bitty post aboute Elena Kagan? Then just call me Hitler. That is too funny. Why not prove to me that Elena either is not a liberal or does not promote Sharia? Or even why not prove that Sharia is conservative and why not prove what is so great about Sharia. Instead all we get are lame comments about Hitler and keyboard trolling.
Wanna debate then go ahead. We are waiting.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join