It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seinfeld - A Metaphysical Look Into His Mind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

The OP stated how Jerry felt towards marriage. Not dating.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
How about we let the OP explain his reasoning?

Line 2

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Please don't use Wiki as a source!

Touchy. It's just a bio of a girl, cause I figured people might want to know who was being talked about.

I just fail to see how Jerry dating a 17 yr old, in real life, has to do with what you posted in your OP.

I didn't say anything in my original post about this nor I am not the OP of the thread, if that's what you mean.

It has nothing to do with what the OP says in his first post. He's got a theory about the conception of the show, why certain characters are the way they are, stuff that would have been decided when the show was first created. He started dating this girl after the show started, so clearly it has nothing to do with the show. I don't understand why you even brought this question up in the first place.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I'm sure the nothing concept is the general idea of the show, after all, there is no conflict resolution between Jerry's various parts. It's meaningless, and I think, If I may extend this theory further, it reflects Jerry's (and Larry Davids, both Nihilists) philosophy about Life: everyone is really just a mirror into ourselves.

As for Neuman, If Jerry likes to take things lightly, and dispassionately, Neuman is the opposite. I agree with you here; Neuman is the opposite of Jerry in every way; he has a job (mailman) which reflects a bureaucratic tendency that opposes Jerry's comedic career; he is high energy, belligerent, conniving, all things which oppose Jerry's own conscious attitudes of indolence, sarcasm and unabashed honesty (for instance, the episode where he says he wants to return a tie because of 'spite' lol)
edit on 8-4-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Dating is not marriage. It's a 'fling' - and actually, if you think about it, his dating a 17 year old sorta reflects his nonchalant attitude about relationships. It's just fun and games - precisely the relationship he has with Elaine.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
just a problem with your theory. larry david was the real brain and genius behind the show.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This thread is an "Instant Classic".

Let me start off by saying.....WOW !!!

I can honestly tell you. I am personal friends with two people who had minor roles on the show.

It really wasn't that deep. It was more like one huge party.

I can tell you that they will enjoy reading your take.

Now, I will get back to preparing for "Festivis".
edit on 8-4-2012 by whyamIhere because: add minor

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Brilliant!!!! I think you nailed it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

That is how the ancient greeks more or less looked upon life. Everything that happened was controlled by the Gods and people were mere puppets in their theatre.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
"Jerry's and Larry Davids, both Nihilists"

I dont know how true that is.........

the way I see it, larry david and jerry seinfeld are completely self centered,, they are very picky and meticulous about scenarios and things,,,, the show is all about taboo things and situations,, tragic stories and topics people go through in everyday life... Jerry seinfeld is also a stand up comedian,, he knows a lot and a little about everything,, hes constantly thinking and analyzing situations and judging them.....

some of your post is accurate i believe,, some of it is reaching a bit or projected from how you relate personally to the characters maybe... ill read the op again,, and this is a nice topic,,, but i always thought the show was more about other characters as well,, all the weird and different types of people you meet in the world, their quirky ways, mixed in with a connecting story line,,

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

He dated the 17 year-old after the show was already on the air. Nothing about her is in the series or references characters.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4/8/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

wow talk about being selfish. What does YOUR concerns have anything to do with what the OP presented to us ?

o yea nothing....

Stick to the topic and stop trying to derail this into a marrying 17 year old's topic.

There is a NEW THREAD button for a reason.

Use it and start your own thread or stick to the topic.

It's pretty obvious that you have nothing to add to this thread. People like you only distract and take away.

Now on to the OP's topic.

Very well thought out and I would assume there is definitely some truth to this. Although all other charcters have a basis in reality and are based off of real people some what.. That can occur ALONG with what the OP has stated.

I would much rather read posts/threads like this than the 15th _____________ topic thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

He dated the 17 year-old after the show was already on the air. Nothing about her is in the series or references characters.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4/8/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

wow talk about being selfish. What does YOUR concerns have anything to do with what the OP presented to us ?

o yea nothing....

Um, I'm not the one who brought up his girlfriend. I responded to what others were asking/saying by stating my opinion that his dating a 17 year old had nothing to do with the topic, soooo... why are you jumping down my throat?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join