It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Respectfully, what are we to think?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

See Rockpuck's post above.

He claims to be a 32°.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
reply to post by emsed1

He claims to be a 32°.

So what does being a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason have to do with being an elitist ? I am a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason and I am not "higher" nor any better than a brother who chose not to petition the Scottish Rite nor do I think I am better than non-Masons .

I would also like to ask , by your line of thinking , does a comment from one person make it so for an entire group of people ?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

He claims to be a 32°.
Many, if not most of the Masons here on ATS are 32° in the Scottish Rite. So? It doesn't make anyone any better than a 3° Master Mason. It's just further study, not a higher degree.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

because both say that they can tell you the truth of human kind...except you need money or dad's connection

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by someguy0083

because both say that they can tell you the truth of human kind...except you need money or dad's connection

Freemasonry does not claim to tell you, or even know, "the truth of mankind" outside of what pretty much everyone already knows.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by someguy0083
reply to post by Rockpuck

To add to Masonic Light's post . I have neither money (I have enough to pay my bills month to month but have no disposable income) nor a Father's connections . My Dad like the rest of my family were simply blue collar workers and farmers . I am the only Freemason in my family .
edit on 10-4-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

reply to post by emsed1

He claims to be a 32°.

Rockpuck is a 32 degree Mason. I didn't perceive the comment as elitist. I believe he was simply saying that if you aren't interested in forming a bond with other men who've undergone the same experience you probably wouldn't like it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

reply to post by emsed1

He claims to be a 32°.

This is from the Scottish Rite, NMJ website:

ARE SCOTTISH RITE DEGREES HIGHER THAN THOSE OF A MASTER MASON? There is no Masonic distinction of higher prestige than that of a "Master Mason", and the noblest and most significant emblem is the Apron of the Master Mason.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

ask not what your country can do for you... ask what you can do for your country.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Freemasonry is simply just a little boys club nothing else.

The 'secret' isn't anything that non-masons can't do or figure out for themselves. What they teach is nothing that we shouldn't all be trying to learn in our daily lives anyway, outside of the little boys club.

It helps build connections and i've known a few people who have got extra (exclusive friends only) business from it. Apart from that it just gives boys the feeling they belong to something secret and special.

<< 1   >>

join