It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Respectfully, what are we to think?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have always been curious about Freemasons, partly because they are rumored to possess secret and sacred knowledge and partly because of their uncertain history. It seems that even within their own organization there are many versions of the "truth" and even more about their past.
I own several books on the subject and I am currently researching the ancient Scottish rite, while I am far from an expert on the subject I believe I understand more than most. Despite the Mason's oaths of secrecy and the ominous threats that accompany a breach of that secrecy there are literally thousands of books, photos and other documents available to anyone who takes the time to seek them out. The oaths are clear "shall not write, print etc."
yet honored Masons in good standing have published volumes on these secrets.
"Truth, we love those who demonstrate it, and DESPISE those who conceal it"
"He who discovereth secrets is a traitor, and he who keeps his tongue, keeps his soul"
"To the heart that conceals, and the tongue that never reveals" and so on..........
All this accompanied by images of swords, daggers and severed heads.
Freemasonry has been publicly condemned by the Vatican on many occasions going all the way back to the late 1700's and most recently when the soon to be Pope Benedict and John Paul II declared Catholic's who were also Freemason's were "in a grave state of sin" and their very soul was in danger. How can anyone reconcile their devotion to both organizations?
The symbols, costumes, chants, windowless rooms and rituals are bizarre and more than a little creepy. In my own case any desire I had to join this group ended when I learned my acceptance involved being blindfolded with a rope around my neck and a sword against my chest. What kind of man submits willingly to something like that?
In the end it appears there is no ark or chalice at the end of the tunnel, just an endless stream of riddles and symbols designed to keep members on the path to yet more riddles, symbols and puzzles. If you are a first, second or third degree Mason I can save you a lot of time and effort by telling you exactly what comes next as I have taken no oath of silence, or better yet I will point you toward a past master who has written it down for you.
Secrets are for schoolgirls.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The secret is there is no secret. Once you understand what this 'secret knowledge' is, it's the equivalent to waking up out of your hypnotic slumber, a spiritual awakening. Nobody can be told what this secret is and what the templar's were trying to protect. You have to see it for yourself and that's why it's 'SECRET'.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Misconceptions like yours are the very reason why we keep the ritual secret.

It is the symbolism behind the things you mention that matter, not the simple acts themselves. Masons who go through the rituals love the part with the oaths and things because the symbolism is explained to them and it is both fun and profound. When people who haven't been through it read the ritual, it may seem wierd, but in fact, when accompanied by the unwritten parts of the ritual, it is truly beautiful and inspiring. The reason we keep it secret is so that people like you are not misled by simple texts as you have been.

The ritual is like a telescope. If you look at a telescope, you see just a contraption made of lenses and tubes, but when you look through a telescope, you see worlds beyond.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
In my own case any desire I had to join this group ended when I learned my acceptance involved being blindfolded with a rope around my neck and a sword against my chest. What kind of man submits willingly to something like that?
One who has faith in God and trust in his brother.

Secrets are for schoolgirls.

But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
Matthew 6:6

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

If you should have and legitimate questions on why things are like they are, please don't hesitate to ask. If you are going through the trouble to research it all, you might as well understand it. I and I am sure the rest of the brethren here appreciate the fact that you only mentioned facts in your post and didn't bother with the Satan worship and child eating.

Freemasonry isn't for everyone so you don't have to feel as if anyone will try to pressure you into joining to find answers. I will tell you that if you ever chose to join, going into it with no knowledge of the rituals is the best way to gain maximum knowledge of what is being taught. But if you have no interest in joining we can share almost everything except the handshakes and passwords that you already know through your research. In the interest of other readers, please understand that information would be better suited in a U2U than a thread post.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

"shall not write, print etc."

Which means you cannot actually write the degrees, oaths or any part of any ceremony. However ... you can discuss them. I have not read a Masonic book so far that has the degrees written out in them.

Freemasonry has been publicly condemned by the Vatican on many occasions going all the way back to the late 1700's and most recently when the soon to be Pope Benedict and John Paul II declared Catholic's who were also Freemason's were "in a grave state of sin" and their very soul was in danger. How can anyone reconcile their devotion to both organizations?

Well lucky for me I don't let a man, any man, even if he does wear a giant pointy hat, to determine the state of my soul. Believe me, if God wants to condemn me to an eternity of fiery hell for being a Mason .. I'll take hell before I ever submit to such an evil deity.

What kind of man submits willingly to something like that?

The traveling kind. Believe it or not that's probably the most important part of the ritual .. it's what forms the bond. I know that I've gone through the same "unusual" circumstances as all my brothers on this site, in any lodge I attend, my own lodge, the 100 year old Mason I might meet..

If you cannot see this or accept this, than you are not of the caliber of man we look for as members.

I can save you a lot of time and effort by telling you exactly what comes next

Yeaahh.. actually you cannot. You can say the words, show the handshakes ... but without the ritual performed in the lodge amongst real Masons it's not the same. Some might call it "magic" some might call it "psychological" however there is a deep bond formed in the ritual process that cannot be replicated by reading the ritual or even seeing it take place.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Freemasonry are a evil death cult!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingPanzergrenadier
Freemasonry are a evil death cult!
I think you're confusing that with Catholicism. Freemasonry doesn't have any zombies…

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by KingPanzergrenadier

English must not be your strong suit. It should say "Freemasonry IS AN evil death cult", but hey, your ill-begotten message is duly noted; wrong as it is.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

OK. Tell us what is next. Don't keep us waiting. We want to know!

As far as I know... the secret is a language of symbolism used to express ideas in coded form in the mainstream media. You also have to know what time it is, on a special calendar. When you know what time it is, then you can look for the communication at the correct time. The conspiracy is a conspiracy of silent synchronization.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I say it's like Scientology except your dad got you in

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by someguy0083

How is it like Scientology?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

There are a couple of presuppositions in your post that are not true.

Freemasonry doesn't have any secret that cannot be discovered by any other person in a myriad of ways.

It's important to remember that almost nothing in the ritual means JUST what it says. Most of it points to a deeper meaning.

In the degrees candidates are admonished against writing the secrets, stamping, staining, carving etc. On the surface it appears to be a grave warning meant to keep people from discovering anything secret.

As the candidate goes through the degrees, and then begins a search for his own Truth he understands that writing the secrets is impossible, because the true secret is an inner transformation. Words and symbols are no substitute for true experience.

As to the macabre penalties... these, too, are allegorical. You will find in all the great religions and esoteric schools a common thread of death of the ego. The only way to find the truth is to destroy the filters that hide the truth.

I'm treading a fine line here. Not because any of my brothers will find me and lynch me, but because I don't want to influence the journey of others with my own take on these symbolical teachings.

And, despite being the master of my lodge and having gone through all the degrees in York and Scottish Rite, I still have a long way to go. The true Secret is to shut off your mind and have faith, ignore the anxiety and worries of the heart and give way to hope, and to forget the intuition of the gut and experience love.

There is no fear in love.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Reply to post by emsed1

Yeah, it's all about love. That's why you look down on anyone who isn't a Mason.

If the Masons want respect they might try being a little less sneaky about their love.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

And how , exactly , do we look down on anyone who is not a Mason ? Do you know each and every Mason and the attitude they hold toward non-Masons ? Do you know the minds of each and every Mason ? Or are you just guessing , taking a shot in the dark and passing judgement blindly ? Being a Mason myself , I do not look down on anyone who is not a Mason .

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Reply to post by whenandwhere

There is a post earlier in this thread that looks down on those "unworthy" to be Masons.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

That's quite an indictment. I look down on no one. We are all children of God and we are all deserving of equal treatment and respect.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
"....you are not the caliber of man we look for as members."

La di da.

Elitest.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

Misconceptions like yours are the very reason why we keep the ritual secret.

Or is it the other way around?? Because you keep secrets people have nothing left but speculation and misconceptions?

The reason we keep it secret is so that people like you are not misled by simple texts as you have been.

Yet, here he is...apparently "misled" in spite of all your "secrecy" that was apparently implemented so people like him don't get "misled" ??

I think you have it backwards....people are misled because of the secrets, not the other way around.

Lets be honest here, no one in masonry is concerned with people's "misconceptions", certainly not enough to warrant the super top secret decoder rings you all cherish...you don't care what people think otherwise you would rid yourself of the secrets and explain exactly whats going on and "correct" everyone on the spot.

You don't do this though, you justify your "secrets" with the accusation people would be misled without them, yet fail to realize that its the secrets themselves that are causing people to have misconceptions...and be "misled"....

I think masonry is no different than any other large organization...the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Do you have a reference to this post? I hesitate to judge it out of context, but Freemasonry does not look for members.

We also are taught not to judge men. It's not our place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join