It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An owl during the day, always means death, according to Indian theory........It happens to me too!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Over the last year, I have had more encounters with owls than in my entire life.

I posted about it here ,a couple of weeks after I discovered/signed up to ATS.

From my own personal experience, & further research on their symbolic meanings, I personally think they mean wisdom & enlightenment. They have the ability to see in the darkness, & act as a guide for us through the illusion of shadows to the truth.

Owl Medicine is symbolically associated with clairvoyance, astral projection, and magic, both black and white. Owl is called Night Eagle on several medicine wheels used by Amerindian teachers. Traditionally, Owl sits in the East, the place of illumination. Since time immemorial, humanity has been afraid of the night, the dark, and the unseen—waiting fearfully for the first crack of morning light. Conversely, night is Owl's friend. Owl hunts its prey at night. Not only can Owl see in the dark, it can also accurately pinpoint and identify any sound. This gives it a great advantage when seeking food. Owls are the night hunters. Some native people are fearful of Owl and call its feathers "deceiver feathers." An Owl feather is silent. You cannot hear Owl when it flies, but its prey definitely knows when it strikes, for its beak and talons are razor sharp. Owl is oftentimes the medicine of sorcerers and witches. If Owl is your medicine, you will be drawn to magical practices and perhaps explore the dark arts. You should resist any temptation to practice black magic or any art that takes energy away from another person or being. If you have Owl medicine, these night birds will have a tendency to collect around you, even in the daytime, because they recognize a kinship with you. Is it any wonder that in many cultures Owl is a symbol for wisdom? This is because Owl can see that which others cannot, which is the essence of true wisdom. Where others are deceived, Owl sees and knows what is there.
Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom, had a companion Owl on her shoulder, which revealed unseen truths to her. Owl had the ability to light up Athena's blind side, enabling her to speak the whole truth, as opposed to only a half-truth.

My last encounter was about 3 weeks ago. I dropped a friend home around midnight (Oz bush rural setting- dirt roads, no streetlights). Coming back the same way I had just came a minute later, I came across a gorgeous, pale colored owl sitting smack in the middle of my road. I was afraid to go round either way in case I hit it (narrow road), so I just waited for it to fly away.
And waited.
And waited.
It just stared at me. I was getting a little unnerved after a minute or two. I thought my lights may be blinding it, & was just about to turn them off when it took flight. It was a spooky, surreal experience, & one that I felt was a message of some sort. A positive one.
Looking back since my 1st encounter, I have had a world of knowledge open up to me (Thanks ATS for all the links!), & discovered more material in the last couple of weeks that has further helped me on my spiritual path to truth.
I find comfort now when I see them, like a little guardian telling me to be on alert for something important.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A huge Barn Owl sat very still in a pine tree across the residential street which borders a golf course

i watched for 5 or so minutes, then told my mother-in-law to come witness the 3 ft tall white owl bird
...total sighting was perhaps 6 minutes, wingspan larger than the vultures which are always around here.

my interest is that 'Owls' are said to be messengers and convey 'secrets' to those who are seeking answers i have always turned a deaf ear to all those dire 'Omen' warnings that daylight visits by owls bring misfortune or even death
This sighting was around 1974... nobody in the household, or the neighbors where the owl was perched or any one on the block experienced a death or tragedy anytime near when the owl made it's daylight visitation.

some weeks later, i witnessed 3 types of woodpeckers within hours of one another, a red-headed woodpecker, a caucated woodpecker, and a piliated woodpecker ... now this seemed odder than the barn owl observation to me but one has to be reasonable in analysis.... there were a lot of forest trees being felled as new housing developments were being created in vast former forest areas owned by the (30 mile distant) Georgetown Paper
Mill ~International Paper~ some 60,000 acres were eventually released for development by IP

So, naturally, we had a rash of forest dweller birds being forced to migrate out of their homelands, Owls, woodpeckers even several species of humming birds became more abundant all through the mid 1970s

and a sidelight to bird observations.... there is a local billboard sign about 8 miles closer to north myrtle beach in an area called 'restaurant row' ... this sign is 50' up on stilts and is seen for a couple miles both ways on hwy 17 and is a resting place for anywheres from 12-18 big black Vultures on any given day.... they have seemed to make this billboard theirs...
the advertised renter is Logans ~a roadhouse restaurant
maybe i should youtube the scene just for kicks
edit on 8-4-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jewells

interesting....
did you ever recall any accidents happening down the road... where you would have been if not stopping for the owl in the road

even if you never heard of anything happening... the delay you accepted, evidently was a reward of sorts but only to those who would grasp the idea of a reward rather than the incident being an irritation

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Kind of like for every action there is a reaction, no matter how big or small......
I think of that kind of thing all the time, what is going to happen later on if this should happen now?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
some weeks later, i witnessed 3 types of woodpeckers within hours of one another, a red-headed woodpecker, a caucated woodpecker, and a piliated woodpecker

well one thing I can tell you Udio is that if you have a woodpecker in a tree
that tree may appear healthy
but is already dead on the inside
The woodpacker is eating the bugs that are already part of the death process.
.................................................................................................................................................

sometimes I have noticed that owls harbinger that situations and not people are finished..

but like everything else that requires open perception of some kind
telephones don't ring for the deaf.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I try not to be supersticious but wondered..after an own swept close to my head one night and
I kept hearing them..Of course they are creatures of natual beauty and nothing more and they
hunt a territory then move on so I understand. After the owl sounds and sighting my son in law died. He
was 30 at the time. I felt so very bad about it. I was not sure what to think about hearing a lot of
owl sounds and having one swoop over my head one evening having anything to do with it. It may
not mean a thing but I never forgot the experience.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by jewells

interesting....
did you ever recall any accidents happening down the road... where you would have been if not stopping for the owl in the road

even if you never heard of anything happening... the delay you accepted, evidently was a reward of sorts but only to those who would grasp the idea of a reward rather than the incident being an irritation

Lol, I like the way you think! I always try to see delays as a possible salvation of sorts also!
I never heard of any incidents that night, & I was probably only about 700m from home.
But it certainly gave me pause for thought, not only that night, but since.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
ooo yes, my family is really superstitious when it comes to owls.
If they heard one at night, they would get everyone up and try to scare it away because they believed it its hoot would seduce someone into death while they slept.

i dont really know if i believe that or not, but funny/creepy i saw this thread because an owl has been visiting a tree next to my window these past few nights.

it usually stops hooting after i think "nope go away" then i blast it with mind waves until i feel confident enough to go to sleep lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join