It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An owl during the day, always means death, according to Indian theory........It happens to me too!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hello........ Sorry for posting a really down post, but it also holds some interest for me as it is true, at least in MY life...

Three times I have seen an owl during daylight, then someone close to me dies.... I have never really believed in this sort of thing, but WOW, keeps happening, there must be something to this prediction/theory.

First it was my mother, I drove from Spokane, Wa to visit her 3 hours south of there, and saw a white owl halfway between there and where she lived... I had heard the story but had never really given it any thought. About a week later she was diagnosed with stomach cancer and passed away a few weeks after that.

The second time was when a great friend, one that showed me how to live off of the grid, taught me a lot about mountain living, electrical, almost anything I need to know in a survival situation, my mentor, and one of the best friends I could ever ask for even though he was several years older than I. I went up to see him (with his 70 year old girlfriend) Father's day 3 years ago) To help him erect and wire a windmill so that he had "constant" power. I slid down the mountain on my backside measuring how much wire we would need, laughing when I hit the road at the bottom, imitating the "supah star" from that movie.

That afternoon, a bunch of people from the mountain got together, erected the windmill, and went down to the cabin to have lunch. During this time I asked him several times if he were OK, because he was a little bit out of breath and seemed really tired to me.

That evening, had to go home because I had to work the next day, and heading down the mountain saw the biggest owl I have ever seen in my life. It must have stood 2 to 3 feet tall standing by the side of the road. I got shivers but really didn't think much of it. The next Friday, got a phone call that my great friend had passed away.

Last week, while driving for work (I do deliveries) I spotted an owl on the side of the railroad tracks that I was driving next too, and thought OH SNIP##........

Yesterday, got a phone call that my grandfather-in-law had a heart attack. They are pulling life support right now, so waiting to hear when he passes.

Please don't take any signs for granted. There are signs for everything that happens in your life. My big sign just happens to be an owl.

I'm just praying that the angels take him with grace, just as he lived.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, he really means a lot to me!

ETA... Posted it here because it seemed to fit the best, but Mods feel free to move if necessary

edit on 7-4-2012 by freespirit1 because: (no reason given)

Sorry, little bit stressed out, forgot to add link
stationery-by-heather.50megs.com...
edit on 7-4-2012 by freespirit1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I am going to go out on a limb (haha, get it) here and say that these owls you are seeing is actually a departed loved one getting your attention and since you've already made the connection with seeing the owl and a person dying, then they will continue to use this means. That is what I believe and many many many people have stories very similar to yours.

A wild bird flew into my house last week and that is suppose to mean death in the family, but so far nothing has happened. Superstitions really only have the power that you give them, and like I said I think this is someone sending you warnings and not necessarily a folklore type deal.

Perhaps this person is a grandfather type person who maybe looked like an owl (big round glasses) or was very wise? I am just giving you what I'm picking up.
edit on 7-4-2012 by lilowl53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Oddly enough,
I thought that when I saw an owl during the day..
like it was showing off..
something was up...

then a year later
the person I was with when i saw the owl
was murdered in that spot...

two sets of tracks went in
only one set of tracks came out

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm an avid birder and I see owls during the day every week. Snowys, Great Horned, Hawk Owls, Saw-whets, Short Ear'd, and more. Right now durning the nesting season I see several owl almost every day. It's just nature. If you look for them they will be there. Maybe you should pay more attention to your environment and science and a little less to superstitions.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by freespirit1

I think you might find this interesting. I bought a book a few years back at a pow wow " Spirits of the Earth" by Bobby Lake-Thom. Let me quote what it says about owls.

All owls are a bad sign, but different kinds bring somewhat different messages, and different degrees of power and knowledge. Western people beleive in the "wise old owl" image, which is partially correct because the owl symbolically has this type of power, but it can be used in a negative way. The owl is a favorite ally of sorcerers who have clairvoyant powers but use them for selfish desires:ego, profit or to control and manipulate others. The owl is considered to be a bad sign and bad power by most native American tribal groups . IT IS A MESSENGER of evil , SICKNESS, or FATAL accident. It is also considered a sign of DEATH. The closer it is to the house , the closer the relative to be affected. It warns of a potential death that can come in the form of accidents or disease.

It goes onto to tell a story of the owls power and how it can be turned to a good power .
(wanted to edit , that in it's positive form it can bring us warning to avoid potential dangers)

Of course I know little about the accuracy of this book or reputation of the Author , so take it with a grain of salt. Just thought it would be interesting. I do believe that perhaps you may have a connection with the owl and therefore it could have meaning for you more than others. Nevertheless , animals are wonderful and I believe they have a lot to tell and teach us.

edit on 7-4-2012 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

I agree that I have a connection with owls... When I was very little, (my Mom told me this when I got older) Owls would be attracted to me. I would go outside and hold my hand out and they would land on my arm, scared her because she thought that they wanted to carry me off or something, I kind of remember but was never afraid of them.

I used to be very involved with an Indian community in North Dakota, and that is where I first heard about the owls and sickness/death. Never really paid attention until dreams I had as a teenager started to come true.

Every time I do one of those so called fun things- "which animal are you?" Mine comes out to be an owl, no matter if it is online, some tarot type thing, or whatever else.

I am not a cold person by any means, but sometimes have to hold my emotions and not get too close to certain people that I think are going to be in my life for just a short time. I do however make the most of the time I DO have with them. Call it premonition, call it what ever you want, this is just how I feel.

Thanks so much for your response, and am going to look more into this!

Free~

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

My partner and i came home one evening just after dusk ,we lived in a rural area ,i got out of the car to open the gate and there was a huge white owl sitting on the gate it flew off,soon after a neighbour died fom the bali attack and within a week or so another neighbour and her three chilren died in a car acceident within a year my partner died .

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing. Two Autumn's ago I saw a big dark owl and a half grown dark owl appear out of nowhere, or so it seemed, and fly just a few feet over my head. Nobody I know died, but my life was turned upside down and I could write a book about all the crazy stuff that happened to me after that event.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

That is really quite neat . Too bad this book doesn't go more into depth , I'm sure you are not an evil sorcerer

From what I've been taught the owl definitely has the gift of sharp sight and when there is a lot of distraction, confusion and people who have hidden things or even tried to shake one's confidence and security ; that this creature may be a personal "guide" to developing one's own "sight".

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

I am so sorry for your loss... it is never easy losing anyone close to you, especially a partner. I have lost several people myself, and know how heartbreaking it can be.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I am sorry to be so blunt, but that's who I am.... Maybe you should pay more attention to your surroundings than what people tell you to believe.

I am sure you have seen all kinds of birds if you are a "birder".... but you LOOK for them, I do NOT.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have never had anyone close die after seeing an owl in the day. Sorry going to have say coincidence on this one.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I am sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and yours.

Talking to my sister last week, she mentioned that a Barn owl was hanging around the house. I never picked up on it until later.

Her husband passed away 5 days later, he was a good guy, more spiritual than religious.

I have been having dreams lately in which owls appear, non-threateningly, but there nonetheless. They seem to be part of the background, not a part of the dream/story itself.

All I can think of is...pretty weird.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Thanks for your thoughts .The bible and major religions say dont look for signs in the birds, the world is in a bad way. I was born with a questioning mind and it seems that religion is not helping people understand answers to whats going on ,religions are being attacked .Its impossible to live up to their high expectations ,i love the high ideals but they dont seem practical. I believe in god and talk to god ,god made nature and seeing beautiful nature, like the other day i saw on tv two babies one of each color holding hands while in a waiting room, the parents ,well one of the parents, pretended it wasnt happening. It was nature being itself the babies were being natural . I see other beautiful and terriffing, awesome things in nature. I am beginging to feel nature is the only thing left to me . Sorry i sort of went off topic .By the way does anyone know much about cukoo birds coo coo birds i hear one every couple of weeks lately ,ive heard them before too .I have read that they mean thieves or the end of a difficult situation

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

May I take exception to you post. It is great that you live in such an environment that you can observe nature as you do, however, this does not negate the OP's observation.

It is my experience, such as it is, that the Universe/God/spirit, gives these signs to those who recognize the significance, or when it has some meaning to them and only if they have eyes to see and ears to hear.

One little experience, among many, that I can relate. After I learned of symbolism I bought my husband a very nice set of knives. I briefly thought of the old wives tale "A knife as a gift from a lover means that the love will soon end" and quickly dismissed it. Within the month I told my husband that I would be leaving. The icing on the cake was that the divorce petition was signed on our 37th anniversay.

The universe speaks to us always, but only in ways that we have learned to recognize.

In mid Nov. 1996, I had my aura picture taken. It was the same color I normally see but there was a white streak over my head. My mother died 3 weeks later.

This is a reference to white in the aura.

Several hours before the death, the Aura becomes white, and greatly increases in intensity. For this reason in most cultures "death" is depicted in WHITE (not black), because in the past, people could actually see a white Aura before death. It seems that our ancestors knew much more than we are prepared to admit.

There is much more to this world if you are only willing to open your eyes and see. You are spoken to in ways that the Universe knows you can understand.

Then, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The Oglala, Lakota, Salish, Kootenai and Crow tribes see owl as bad medicine, it is a bringer and sign of death and negative energies.

When we come upon a dead owl, we will not even touch it to take it's feathers. Some tribes see owl differently. But I will tell you that I had a Salish friend who told me she went walking and saw a dead owl in the forest and turned back. They are superstitious of them.

I once heard and saw an owl up in a tree late at night, then watched it take flight. The next morning my grandmother passed.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Very interesting theories..folklore or what have you.. I presume I will be intune of my surrounding going forward a little more. does hearing them hoot in the distance have a meaning or is just the sight of them in your daily life are the differnce?

However take a look here.. I would not want to be the target..

www.dogwork.com...

Jesse

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Thank you for sharing. Two Autumn's ago I saw a big dark owl and a half grown dark owl appear out of nowhere, or so it seemed, and fly just a few feet over my head. Nobody I know died, but my life was turned upside down and I could write a book about all the crazy stuff that happened to me after that event.

Go back to where you saw that owl and make an offering of corn meal to the earth, pinch a bit of tobacco with a prayer in it and scatter it there, then leave a bit of chocolate or honey right there on the ground. Sage yourself then walk away.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Blind people are quite lucky then, they can naturally avoid this phenomenon.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

You better wear a blindfold, going around looking at things doesn't seem like a good idea, considering the amount of people you're going to kill perhaps the government would drop you in Iran with a packet of owl photo's.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join