It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...An American Couple Comes Into My Canadian Store... True Story

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What people of the world need to understand is that not ALL Americans are sheeple. The world thinks that we are all self-involved; spoiled; stuck up; pro-American assholes! I think you would be surprised to know that Americans are tired of government and being lied to all the time; I also think you would be surprised to know that there are lots of Americans who have considered fleeing America, and "when" things do worsen, people will flee!

Sure there are those idiots who are so caught up in all the distractions of America that they are oblivious to whats going on; those people have no hope! Those are the ones that will discover it too late and be forced to live in a controlled society. Believe me, I have had conversations with friends of mine Canadian, Dutch, German, Mexican, French, English about "exit" strategies if you will, and I know a lot of Americans who are not ATS'rs who believe that something big is coming and are preparing. So be surprised with your conversation about politics and other things with Americans; but KNOW that we aren't as "uninformed" as you think.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Since your handing out invitations, I want to come live in your "trash pit."

The only people I have ever heard criticize that city are Canadians that live on Victoria Island or some other BC fantasy shangri la. You must have it good. Glad you are willing to share.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Avalon42 because: grammar

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by kman420

Go to Florida and you will wonder what country you are in. I did when I moved there from the Midwest.

Yeah, Florida is a place to visit only...theres no work down there, and it seems that a lot of criminal activity towards children happens in that state. This is not a knock at any Floridians, just mere speculation

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm afraid you have found the rare minority here, just like you do on ATS. Most American's don't know anything about politics, and would rather avoid anything requiring them to think. There are smart people out there, but not everyone.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

as soon as canadians become as kewl as americans, ima immigrate. global warming makes the climate more acceptable now.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Great story jude...

It is a good feeling to conversate with people who are eager to listen.

Please don't say "conversate". People converse. My ears hurt when I hear "conversate". You'll sound intelligent when you are conversing. Yes, I like Canada. I wish I could take 30 day rail pass through Canada. Fascinating country with a vivid history. Doesn't anyone know about the Halifax explosion?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

whether they are open minded or just RAH-RAH GO AMERICA type folks.

So being "open minded" means having your points of view and being anti-American?

edit on 7-4-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

Basically yeh! LOL Though i think what she was trying to say is there are alot of americans that wave a flag and ignore any reality! My step father is one of these conservative flag wavers and no matter how much i predict or how many times i prove him wrong he comes out with the same old song! He does not care what happens because he aint going to see anything in his lifetime and he is one of those people that only cares about himself.
This is what will stop us from ever taking back this country! Most of the average populus are brainwashed by that all for me materialistic attitude. The majority have been trained from kindergarden to conform to their superiors, to not question authority and perhaps the only reason why i was able to escape this reality was my ability to rebel.
It's unfortunate how we were not all able to reason out the truth, to realize deception and have an uncanny ability to see where our society is headed! Even with all these abilities it still very hard to pin down when most events will take place! Though sometimes it's best to live each day as if it's our last. Also to find similiar minded people to converse with cause to be around those that would mock us for our ideas as well as our ideals will just bring us down! Lastly to make peace with God whatever our beliefs! Goodluck and godbless you and yours!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by badazz
reply to post by jude11

as soon as canadians become as kewl as americans, ima immigrate. global warming makes the climate more acceptable now.

Anyone who says this clearly has not experienced a Canadian winter,

That would definitely count as cool, but maybe not kool.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Just thought I would share this, a video presented a couple years ago, during the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, it does a descent job of explaining out relationship.

This thread does make me proud to be a Canadian, and yes, I would have no problem with my American friends coming here, as it happens, my sister in law is American (her parents are American, she was born in Canada)
edit on 4/11/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

Everyone will feel at some point that the grass is always greener. The tired economic ripples can't keep us all fed forever. Our economic masters are losing grip of the reigns now so money could be worthless soon or out of reach for those who have nothing to barter. Things are bad for many here in UK. A massive housing shortage but there's millions of empty properties owned by banks from defaulters.
There's no excuses for it. We've all been mugged by the banks which are all busy re-branding themselves.
The only way out of the mess is to crash the economy and devolve the gov't back to local shires, towns, and cities.

In the event of Western Economy collapsing or being sabotaged, we should all join up together to build thousands of credit unions overnight.

If things go really bad and you can't leave your property for fear of burglary, you should act soon. Think like a basic prepper would. Keep some supplies but don't go mad. Two weeks of food and water should keep you off the streets until order begins to restore.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
OP Great story, every time I thought the grass was greener it was all my imagination. We need to bunker down secure our families and hope # doesnt hit the fan soon

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Interesting story Jude11. Do you think you might of been baited though? A couple from the U.S.who are strangers, and you bring up the GMO and Monsanto which immediately catches their attention....I wouldn't go as far as talking about what I know on ATS to complete strangers....I just believe that their are people out there who are sent in to see what you know about particular subjects...
edit on 11-4-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Not all americans are sheep, friend. But the sad fact is MOST of us are. We as a species must rely on eachother and discover that which will unite us against the evil nature of our brothers and sisters. But know this: you and I may not live to see the day that mankind as a whole understands their role in the universe, but regardless of time it must eventually happen. Love, the strongest of powers in the universe, will conquer all, if not now, then later.
edit on 4/11/2012 by weallfalldown because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is a true story BTW and thought I’d share it here on ATS because, well it just fits. I have no idea whether they are still here or if they are returning to the US to prepare to leave for good but they were relieved at being welcomed by a complete stranger into another Country as a possible illegal.

That's a great story. Of course, they can't just stay, they would be giving up most of the benefits of being Canadian. I did just read that we are relaxing some of the restrictions on certain immigrant labor, allowing more people in easier to work here, which is a good thing to an extent.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by jude11

Interesting story Jude11. Do you think you might of been baited though? A couple from the U.S.who are strangers, and you bring up the GMO and Monsanto which immediately catches their attention....I wouldn't go as far as talking about what I know on ATS to complete strangers....I just believe that their are people out there who are sent in to see what you know about particular subjects...

If what I know can't be shared because of fear, what's the point of knowing it?

Do I think they were "Sent" in? Of course I can't say with 100% certainty but I'm no threat to anyone so I would have my doubts.

Thanks for the post.

Peace

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by jude11

Are you under the impression gmo and Monsanto are secret topics people aren't aware of? My 65 y/o mom and 72 y/o dad bring the subject up. You should get out more.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Are you under the impression gmo and Monsanto are secret topics people aren't aware of? My 65 y/o mom and 72 y/o dad bring the subject up. You should get out more.

What does me going out more have to do with GMO and Monsanto? I just simply asked the OP a serious question. I never doubted the OPs knowledge base about GMO or Monsanto...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I agree with you wholeheartedly.
I worked at a local ski resort, (in Southern Ontario, Canada), for some 8 1/2 years. We had many American tourists come visit. I will say that the majority of them were the "Go America Go" type of people. Very anal. You know the type: The type of people whose world ends at the 49th parallel..... America or bust!

However, there were a few who made it clear to me that their personal values are polar opposites of that of the American foreign policy. They hate their leaders, and are all but certain that voting is a waste of time in America.
Slowly but surely the nation will open it's eyes, and there will be riots.... Not the manufactured and scripted riots of the OWS movement. Full blown riots, that the government, police or military cannot handle, or suppress.

Mark my words!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

how much trouble would we be in if we never left canada?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
reply to post by jude11

how much trouble would we be in if we never left canada?

Depends if you get caught I guess.

I'm guessing deportation and non entry status at the very least. Fine?

Peace

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join