It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...An American Couple Comes Into My Canadian Store... True Story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+144 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have a story to share and the reason I am putting it into Global Meltdown is because the incident stems from the deterioration of the Constitution and freedoms/Rights in the US thus leading into Global Meltdown. Mods, you know the drill. If it doesn't fit, move it.

Yesterday at about 3 in the afternoon a couple walked into my take-out place and said they heard the food was good. (not news to me
)Wanted to try it. After asking if they were from around the area they stated that they were from the US (an hour away) and this was their first visit to Canada. Of course I say "Welcome to Canada!"

Normally, them coming to our little town wouldn’t on the strange side but as I live in a town of about 3,000 people and there are so many beaches, mountains, lakes etc within an hour that to me would be the better places to be as a 1st time visitor to Canada. A few hours from Vancouver even. (Not that I recommend that trash pit)

Anyhoo...We get to talking as strangers often do and I sell them some sausage rolls, cinnamon buns, sweet potato bread and a few other items that they hadn’t tried before. And we start talking about the US and the upcoming elections. Uh-oh...Dangerous ground here...

I have to say here that when you live in Canada and meet Americans, the number one topic to dance around is Politics. It's a touchy subject and rightly so these days. At least until you can gain an insight into their leanings and whether they are open minded or just the RAH-RAH GO AMERICA type that doesn't want a conversation and some input even less. Hey, we have the same here in Canada.

So as we are talking and I'm skirting the subject (I’m an avid ATSer and you know I just have to take a stab...
) I decide to start talking about the food they bought and are now eating. “How is it folks?” Glad you like it... “ “Oh and BTW, we try to buy all non GMO ingredients here and strive for Organic as much as possible...BAM! The gates open wide!

“You know about GMO and Monsanto?” they ask. Of course I do. In fact I might be the most knowledgeable here in our small town and I try to educate my customers every once in a while. “What do you think about them?” comes the question. WELL...I let them have it! “I think they are the most vile, unethical, morally bankrupt corporation on the planet.” To put it lightly...

And then the flood gates opened even further. We started talking about the upcoming elections, Monsanto, Egyptian Spring, OWS, NWO, DHS, TSA and a plethora of other topics I am so fond of. And I find myself surprised that not only do they not know as much as I would expect on the election fraud issue, Libya, Iran etc, but they are not turning away. They are eager to listen and learn.

After awhile, I learn that their son has been trying to educate them on OWS and calls it “Anarchy” but in a good way.
Nicely put. They are also listening to him about taking their money out of the banks and turning it into gold, silver and food. Prepper mentality. Now I’m excited!

The conversation starts to end and then the suspicion that I had from the beginning came into play. They asked me a “Hypothetical” question. “If someone were to come to Canada and decide to never leave, is it possible?” I knew it!

And of course I answered “Welcome to Canada!”

This is a true story BTW and thought I’d share it here on ATS because, well it just fits. I have no idea whether they are still here or if they are returning to the US to prepare to leave for good but they were relieved at being welcomed by a complete stranger into another Country as a possible illegal.

All I can say is that in these times, borders don't mean anything to me. I didn't put them up and I don't stand there telling other citizens of the World that this is my real estate and you can't step on it. With all the crap that is going on and coming down, borders mean nothing. We have to band together to stand together because 1 person isn't going to win. It truly does take a village.

Peace

edit on 7-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i'm going to guess your somewhere near or in the interior.

good story. I guess it's not fair to generalize Americans after meeting some like them.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Dammit! I told you that conversation was private!!!

Seriously though. One couple is an event. Two couples an anomaly. Three would be a trend.

Do you suggest this may develop into a trend?
edit on 7-4-2012 by beezzer because: sp

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Great story jude...

It is a good feeling to conversate with people who are eager to listen.
Rather than roll their eyes and shrug while saying "What can I do?".
I like to talk to anyone who has an idea of their surroundings.
Anyone who has a clue about what we talk about here.

It is especially pleasing to get people to research topics on their own...
Rather than just listen to the MSM and never form their own opinion.

It seems more and more people are getting interested in all topics ATS.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
i'm going to guess your somewhere near or in the interior.

good story. I guess it's not fair to generalize Americans after meeting some like them.

Yup. In da Mountains...

Great place to live and an even greater place to disappear.

It was truly an eye opening experience for me. I wrote a thread awhile back asking if Americans would run to Canada in a SHTF scenario and if Canadians would welcome them. I never thought I'd meet it face to face tho.

Maybe they are just planning for a just-in-case scenario or maybe they are coming next week. I didn't ask as I didn't want to know but I do wish them luck.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't suppose you took that great opportunity to suggest they check out a certain website Above the rest, did ya?

I love the story and I've been more than a little surprised myself at chats in the last year or more..few months especially where the people don't appear as anyone I'd mention topics like this too and then they'll go off into it themselves. I think so many more are awake than folks realize..but so many more are still waking and looking for more context in answers. It's progress though!

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I just want to say "Thank you" Thank you for being kind, hospitable and informative.
The world would be a great place if there where more people like you.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jude11

Dammit! I told you that conversation was private!!!

Seriously though. One couple is an event. Two couples an anomaly. Three would be a trend.

Do you suggest this may develop into a trend?
edit on 7-4-2012 by beezzer because: sp

I truly believe that this is already happening and that we are just not seeing it yet. If it happens to me 3 times I would be shocked to say the least. It's a big border!

But yes.

BTW, you forgot that can of beans I gave you on my counter top. You might need it.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I don't suppose you took that great opportunity to suggest they check out a certain website Above the rest, did ya?

I love the story and I've been more than a little surprised myself at chats in the last year or more..few months especially where the people don't appear as anyone I'd mention topics like this too and then they'll go off into it themselves. I think so many more are awake than folks realize..but so many more are still waking and looking for more context in answers. It's progress though!

Their son mentioned huffingtonpost and Alex Jones to them so it's a start I guess. I did write Abovetopsecret.com on a piece of paper for them to give to their son so that they can all sit and chat, read...plan?

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

whether they are open minded or just RAH-RAH GO AMERICA type folks.

So being "open minded" means having your points of view and being anti-American?

edit on 7-4-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Actually, I was planning on a trip to Canada to ask a similar question, so I think its a trend.

Just to let you know, I Love the United States, I just severely dislike the abuse of power going on.
edit on 7-4-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Pretty cool that you were able to enlighten some folks. Guess they thought that if you were telling them the same things that their kid was maybe there was something to it.

Wonder if he's on here? By the way what is the deal with immigration to Canada? You guys seem to have allot more sense than we do when it comes to your country. I personally love Canada as I've said on here many times. It really sucks that they have to make it so difficult to go there any more. I used to travel in Canada alot, I love Toronto and the Niagara Peninsula. Have been up to Peterborough as well ........just beautiful country and wonderful people as well.
edit on 4/7/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Enjoyed the read, being a Canadian myself this makes me proud.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Being stationed in Germany, I find myself limited to what the general "feel" is in the states.

But curious enough, I received a phone call from a friend today. (I was going to start a thread on this because I'm curious) who is/was Special Forces Army for 20 years.

He and his wife invited us to their place, huge acreage in Montana with cabins that they also own, when we leave here. It's my last round-up and I'm out in a few months.

What in the heck is going on in America?????

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

whether they are open minded or just RAH-RAH GO AMERICA type folks.

So being "open minded" means having your points of view and being anti-American?

edit on 7-4-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

My point of view? Anti-American? Had to re-read the OP again to locate those statements or even sentiments. Nope, not there.

My guess is that you know what is meant in the OP but you choose not to acknowledge because ya got yer fightin' pants on.

BTW, many people here might just be Anti America...not Anti-American. And most are Pro-People.

Peace anyways.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That was a very good story Jude, thank you for sharing that. light and breezy. Just what this site needs a shot of from time to time.

You're right too. Borders shouldn't mean anything to the common man because we're all in the same boat. All this petty infighting between us has to stop. I'm not going to say it's because that's what TPTB want, we just need to stop it for practical purposes.

You sound like a good man who runs an ethical business, and if I ever take a road trip up to Oregon again or Washington state, ( I had to go to Seaside OR. once, just south of Portland) I'll scootch on up and PM you and get some good food and conversation.

I like the top link in your signature BTW.
It looks like I'm standing in better company every day.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I thought he said he was from somewhere close to the border. Very good story. I believe in conspiracies but I try to do a lot of research these days before I jump to big gigantic holy mackerel conclusions. I'm 30 and from Washington state. I identify mostly with liberals but there are some conservative values I share. I grew up 30 minutes from the Canadian border and have often wondered if I could become a citizen somehow. Canadians are definitely open-minded in general it seems and I appreciate that. As an American who has no influence over his governments decisions on issues I consider to be very serious I find myself wanting to self deport. Good luck to us all. We need it.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jude11

Being stationed in Germany, I find myself limited to what the general "feel" is in the states.

But curious enough, I received a phone call from a friend today. (I was going to start a thread on this because I'm curious) who is/was Special Forces Army for 20 years.

He and his wife invited us to their place, huge acreage in Montana with cabins that they also own, when we leave here. It's my last round-up and I'm out in a few months.

What in the heck is going on in America?????

All I can say is that if I can feel it here in Canada, I can't imagine what is going through the minds of Americans. Many are waking up and getting ready for fight or flight I believe. The couple I met yesterday was a good example of the flight choice. Can't blame anyone for any of those choices tho.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I would caution you (and anyone else who will listen) about turning ALL your assets into gold (or any other precious metal for that matter) too soon. Finance 101 rule of thumb is diversify your assets and don't put all your eggs into one basket. While the situation in Europe will probably take over generation to sort out, sorted out it will be. Believe me. And when it is - gold will go back to it's original prices ($250 and ounce). This has happened many times in the last two hundred years and it will happen again so be WARNED. The price of metals even now is starting to trend down with the increase in employment figures in the USA..

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
Actually, I was planning on a trip to Canada to ask a similar question, so I think its a trend.

Just to let you know, I Love the United States, I just severely dislike the abuse of power going on.
edit on 7-4-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

We all love our Countries. It's the Power at the top that makes us hate it as well. I love Canada but want to scream at her many times.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join