It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Apple

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
in Genesis the apple signifies the knowledge of life and death and of good and evil...

I was doing a search on the google and I think alot of people got the symbolism for the apple incorrect. I believe we pu the apple on the teachers desk because they are actually supposed to be teaching us how to love and live? But somehow that got twisted to knowledge of how to make money to survive in the world...

Some of the Heavy Metal I have listen to leads me to believe we are on a vicious cycle that is basically pretty much doomed to the words of the Revelations... If we were taught correctly in the first place when our imprint is new then would we have ever even known?

this could all be paradise on earth right now if it wasn't for the sins of our forefathers of our language and knowledge... (hence the song God hates us all by Slayer)

what say you?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
what say you?

Can you go into more detail as to what you want to discuss here?

Does it really matter about the apple of knowledge event?
It was simply an event when mankind suddenly understood many things that YHWH didn't want mankind to know.

knowledge of how to make money to survive in the world...

Money is only important now because people are more materialistic where new gadgets are very important.

this could all be paradise on earth right now

Maybe the new-agers are correct after all.
Maybe they will successfully remove the elite from power and send this world into the new Golden Age

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's a very common misconception to say it was an apple, but the Bible simply says 'fruit'. There's no way to prove it was an apple, so we don't know what kind of fruit Eve took a bite out of.

I'd stick to the Bible to grow in grace and knowledge, not to the lyrics of heavy metal songs.

edit on 7-4-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think the whole apple thing came from the greeks.... malum is the greek for apple and evil.... fun play on words... but I can't really tell from your4 post what it is you want to discuss exactly...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

It's not even really an apple, I think an apple is just the common thing we think of when we think of the fruit in the garden.

The hebrew word used in the OT is priy / per-ee, which just means fruit.can also be translated firstfruit, fruitful, or reward...

I think Genesis, especially the first 10 chapters, are highly allegorical and metaphorical, so there are many different interpretations of them...

S&F for you Sisy!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by netgamer7k

we do symbolize this fruit as an apple... maybe even wondering where the fruit comes form in the first place could have been the undoing.

And no I do not believe the nu-ager's are right because they do not hold Christ's philosophy at heart, seemingly not having that ear... they hold their own.

edit on 7-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
I think the whole apple thing came from the greeks.... malum is the greek for apple and evil.... fun play on words... but I can't really tell from your4 post what it is you want to discuss exactly...

knowledge of how to live... and not die in this hell of what it's become for being an honest person.

The Catholics did not succeed they still had lust and still do obviously... (caste system)

Our school teachers failed us, sometimes I feel like I understand those almost unbearable words I guess Jesus spoke on the cross just before he ascended.

Now the good are basically quivering on a stick locked in by others selfishness.

edit on 7-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

What is fruit? It's a good thing that you reap from trees and plants. Trees and plants are a technology just like the bio-mechanical body your soul wears. They are a technology based on the life cycle of the various creatures on the planet. The entire earth is one giant factory producing bio-mechanical forms from encoded information. The information expresses from the seed to produce and replicate a copy of the one that came before. An acorn is a 75 foot oak tree infolded by information into a small space.

We were given the keys to the planet and placed here as entities gaining sentience and virtue. The only thing that we were asked is to not duplicate the process of creating a technology. The fruit of knowledge is what grows from the knowledge we plant by actions and choices. Knowledge of materials and laws allows us to construct our own tools by transmutation of matter, but it also extends beyond the tools into images of the bio-mechanical life that God produced in perfection. God's technology can only give. God's TVs and Movies are rendered in a reality of moving energy to form.

If you are familiar with the book of Revelation, you know that 666 is the mark of our industry and commerce. It will be used to enslave mankind. Carbon has 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons. The fruit of our knowledge is the utilization of fossil fuel from the center of the garden. This is the Beast. We must overcome ourselves.

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

The Serpent is desire and a fallen spiritual influence that possesses consciousness. Spirit is consciousness. By feeding desire, we feed the spirit that lives from the desire. All of our modes of consciousness originate from outside us. Our consciousness is a product of what we choose to give life. The fruit of our minds is the same as the fruit in the ground. If we feed a thought, it has life. The point of living is to shape a unique set of skills and ways of thinking in patterns that produce our own unique personality. God outlines those modes of consciousness that will produce further life and those that will deny life. One is called the fruit of the spirit and the other represents the works of the flesh.

John 15:1-27

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. ...

Galatians 5:19-21

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Fruit of the spirit:

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

There is nothing wrong with the fruit of knowledge. We originally had two choices to gain this knowledge. We could have waited on God and become our potential by His guidance or we could have done it on our own by toil and death in the garden. The good news is this: The result is the same either way. God is still guiding us. It's just going to take 6 days more than it could have. When we finally fail shortly, what is the next part of God's plan. 1000 years of peace under the guidance of Jesus. Then, a new Heaven and Earth. Do you see the purpose God placed in the process?

Law is there to protect us from enjoying the opposite fruit. If we break the law, it breaks us. It is only there until we no longer need it.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

We have rolled this rock up the hill for years now. We will eventually see the rock to the top, but not without God's help.

edit on 7-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Nowhere does the old testement does it say apple.That is an assumption that has taken hold.It say's fruit.It is a seeded fruit symbolicly for sure.
Because this referance, refers to Eve being impregnated by Satan.Cain being Eve and Satan's offspring.Able being Adam and Eve's.Hence Cain and Ables story and their differances.With Adam and Eve having further offspring .There has been two bloodlines at war since the begining.

The fruit means Eve took the fruit of the loin's (seed).The knowledge referance was that Cain was mentally supperior to Able.

Tree =Tree-Family tree
Tree of Knowledge = Superior genetic intelligence
Tree Root - hence Root being slang for sinful sex

This was the SIN !

So nobody understand's this? Once you do and you get passed every misleading statement the church has ever made.The whole book should take on another meaning entirely and start to make sense.

For those with eye's to see and ear's to hear ! So who poked you in the eye with a stick.Can you name them????

The friend.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
Law is there to protect us from enjoying the opposite fruit. If we break the law, it breaks us. It is only there until we no longer need it.

the states have their own law too in which I think alot of the problems abide... the real criminals now use the law to their advantage, seemingly enacting law to protect their wrong doing. Most law is tailored now to force you into an unrighteous system where you are forced to labor to pay fees and fines to even to exits in your respected state. You are not allowed to be a flower power child anymore, it is even against the law to sleep in your car. Alcohol for say is 100X times as dangerous as grass which has been legalized in 13 states now, but you can go out and buy this man-made concoction which ruins lives and takes lives in multitude each year. My life was ruined by an alcoholic so I have never drank but I know it is wrong because mans hand has created it... Why is it still here? This is one thing I want out of our system and want banned. Drink does the devils hand and there needs to be much more control over it and reduced down to only being able to drink in a bar and not to be sold on the street.

Sometimes I feel the revelations and stuff are on a personal level we each individually experience... after the veil is lifted then one knows how they have to live even if no one is living that way anymore. The bible is a spiritual guide book sometimes I feel that way because after reading it I like many people I am sure do not want to take these images in anymore.

you have all kinds of people like the hippies and stuff try to build their own commune and they seemingly all fail because they are just under another system which is still grown corrupt. I think we are coming to the point to where there are two systems you can work for... the Church or the State and I have worked in the unjust state system most of my life already not realizing that my (able) body is being slain everyday when I see unjust men supposedly succeed.

Most of the thieves I have worked for (I'm an auto mechanic) wouldn't know how to put air in their tire even... they know nothing but to charge unjust amounts so they can go sit in their sinful palaces. I see this everywhere all around me daily Cain succeeds! everyday...

Its time to work for the good guys in with the Lord for my eyes have seen his glory and do not wish to partake in their unjust system. Owning a huge home is not success, heroes never get the girl anymore instead we are call upon by them while their unjust non heroic husbands are away.

I have seen enough... I will work in a garden for some church from now on or turn into batman and fight fire with fire (the words of truth)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

see the problem lies on the state level, national level and international level... We are not trusting in God any longer, that went out with the federal reserve. The man used to get the girl and the little house on the prairie but a foreign institution has corrupted the word of Jesus. Lady Liberty used to desire a Just and True man but even she has been corrupt by the evil one because she does not remember who Jesus was and can not see his spirit but maybe a few nights a month.

This is the main problem... as more wake to it, it will probably invoke another type of revolution if even on a personal level. One can easily go work for a church and still weed out corruption at that level because the preacher is not preaching the lord most of the time I suspect? I don't know because I don't go to any yet but from rumors one can determine that.

I hate to say it and I do not want to sound like Islam but the problem lies with Lady Liberty, for our teachers did not teach us what is Just or what is to be desired... they taught us wealth and stability by any means, and that is where lady liberty is now stuck in the belly of some foreign institutions corruption. Many men will be attracted to Islam and embrace it, it is coming... I have dated Islamic women myself, they are trained to treat their men like some god even if they are corrupted by Liberty if she comes to America. We already have 23 Islamic communities in America and Dearborn MI is basically a no go zone just as theses other communities I speak of. The only thing they do not have yet is Sharia Courts established like they do in England and France which are not ours any longer and they are crying dearly.

If I can't work for the good guys and do good in our system or the church system then I will go play Grizzly Adams on our federal land that our true founder and forefathers established for us. My only hope is that the Military is protecting mine and lady liberty's constitutional rights being able to find true love in Liberty's garden. We have no desire to train our women to love as they do in Islam, Liberty must want fulltime what is Just and True, but she is always scared to leave even abusive husbands sometimes for stability and wealth in a lie of the system.

if this health care bill goes through... you can bet your bottom dollar Islam will arrive with their courts eventually, if that happens all is lost. You can make many amendments to the constitutions but when you try to break its rules such as this health care is doing, it will have the ability to wake alot of people who go searching for how America got here. Things have to be done on a state to state basis... just like they did with the grass laws, nothing is to be done on a national level as this is being done. In it also it gives any future president the right to bypass congress (your voice) and it does not have to be the advent of war... it can be any national emergency, and one of those can be created easily by men in power.

People are waking up... the system is corrupt and the flower child hippies didn't know how America got here, but the Heavy Metal hippies are very militant in their passion for Jesus' philosophies... things are either truth or a lie, there is no middle ground.

Everything outside your door is corrupt, being a hard worker and being honest and true does not even get you stability any longer let alone wealth, and that is what lady liberty desires. (the shortcut) It would seem that you have to lie, cheat and steal to get ahead and make Liberty desire you in this day and age.

edit on 8-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Before eating the fruit. adam and eve were innocent like all animals on the planet. they were not aware of good and evil, life or death.

The fruit gave man awarenes which resulted in knowledge and intellect.

With the awareness of life and death and with the use of intellect, man has been in search of answers. the search for answers is percieved as eveil as it is percieved as questioning god. from developing and understanding of the world and universe around them, man had eventually began to think that they themselves can become god through the use of intellect.

the terms 'god', "lucifer" or 'fruits' are metaphorical, esoteric.

Lucifer is the light bearer. lucifer (intellect) set man free from the bondage god

"You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

"for when you eat of it you will surely become aware of death" (you will surely gain intellect) Intellect gives us the ability to question. surely anyone who questions the words of god is percieved as evil
edit on 8-4-2012 by toocoolnc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

That was a very good post. I share your frustration, but always remember that we are not headed toward a victory that is ours to win. The victory has already been won. We are merely riding the wave as a witness. The Experts in the Law were a group that Jesus condemned. I outline them below in my signature link. They are the Priests (Peter and Rome), the Masons who rejected the chief cornerstone and the Money Changers (Bankers). The tables of the money changers have been turned (16 trillion in debt). Peter is being asked, "Do you love Jesus or men?" The Builders (Masons) are busy building the NWO by works of men. The beast is represented by all three as Mystery Babylon. Babylon will fall and Christ will be revealed. Jesus asks them all to repent. Those who do not are going to experience a baptism by fire.

There are four baptisms. Earth, Air (Breath), Water (Baptism into the material world to make atonement) and Fire. Fire is what Jesus does by trials in time. Water is Elijah as John the Baptism. Earth and Air are the Father. Here is what John the Baptist is telling the Experts in the Law.

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

To be clear, we are all asked to repent and bear fruit. We are all guilty as thieves stealing the fruit of knowledge (Technology). Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. Jesus paid it all brother. Lift your head and praise Him for already achieving victory over sin and death.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

now that's heavy metal

a month or so isolation does alot for empty minds...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by toocoolnc
Before eating the fruit. adam and eve were innocent like all animals on the planet. they were not aware of good and evil, life or death.
the fruit is forced down your throat... you are born into it.

The fruit gave man awarenes which resulted in knowledge and intellect
agreed.

With the awareness of life and death and with the use of intellect, man has been in search of answers. the search for answers is percieved as eveil as it is percieved as questioning god. from developing and understanding of the world and universe around them, man had eventually began to think that they themselves can become god through the use of intellect.
exploration and for humanities benefit is not evil, that's all we really are... every man has the flame.

Lucifer is the light bearer. lucifer (intellect) set man free from the bondage god
knowing that the other systems (philosophies) is unjust and not pleasing is evil? I say everybody is just trying to live in peace here.

"You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."
we all surely know of good and evil, and what is pleasing to the sight of the Lord... that's not what's going on outside though.

"for when you eat of it you will surely become aware of death" (you will surely gain intellect) Intellect gives us the ability to question. surely anyone who questions the words of god is percieved as evil.
this commands us to be like Jesus, honest truthful and not to like injustice and to serve justice.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. Is exactly that, before eve eat of the fruit we where in eden, we where at one with nature, when we received the knowledge of good and evil we became what we are know the ego in the physical realm.

We know good and evil , we know the difference, look at an animal, if a dog ripped a baby to pieces it would not see anything wrong with that, we see that it is wrong and evil. The animal does not know the difference.

The goal of life is to return to eden, to become one with nature again.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SHgNaTrinityinme1333

like the dog?

funny that spells god backwards

I'd rather know... I am not interested in nature, I am interested in wisdom.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

From what I remember, the serpent told people to eat the fruit of morality (knowledge of good and evil).

It was Jesus Christ who gave the fruit of life.

So, they are two different from thing.

By the way, isn't the bible itself, the fruit of knowledge of good and evil? Doesn't it open your eyes to truth so that if you KNOwingly do evil you get punished?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

arpgme
By the way, isn't the bible itself, the fruit of knowledge of good and evil? Doesn't it open your eyes to truth so that if you KNOwingly do evil you get punished?

we're made in Gods own image and we found that out before all the apple stuff, so I say yes it does.

with learning truth comes wisdom, which is a different than just knowledge... I am sure a wolf has knowledge how to work in packs to kill its prey which we may look at as instinctual, and I am sure the wolf understands that it needs to eat to survive, but wisdom hasn't led him to vegetarianism yet.

there's a story behind this thread... threads like this always seem to have a meaning behind them. Let's just say God has given me justification on the matter and in turn a little wisdom.

I am the hero afterall... the grass wasn't greener for Lady Liberty, it just appeared that way.

long story for a public thread

edit on th131213p03u12R13 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Your lack of interest in nature limits your wisdom, after all nature is what we are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join