It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Police Pose as Giant Bunnies to Catch Illegal Drivers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor
I call it a "stupid tax" - it only taxes those too stupid to wear a seat belt.

to avoid this tax simply wear a seatbelt!

So you would support the Govt. forcing people to pay for having a lower IQ?

Who sets the bar and how should it be monitored?

Kine up and be tested.

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
So you would support the Govt. forcing people to pay for having a lower IQ?

Acting stupid has nothing to do with a low IQ....

Who sets the bar and how should it be monitored?

Easy, stupid people do not wear a seat belt, so they get taxed.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I know this is ATS so I know I'm supposed to give all the cliche's about the PTB and government taking away our rights and the usual anti-establishment predictable responses like which have been given many times in this thread alone, but not everything's a conspiracy and seatbelt laws are there for safety (especially kids) and I know there are people who have survived crashes due to NOT having a belt on at the time but they are few and far between.

The undeniable fact is that seatbelts....much more often than not...save lives.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
This is a common tactic here in Florida. They dress as homeless people. They dress in costumes. Whatever it takes to raise money for the cities. It has little to do with actual law enforcement or public safety imo.

Yeah. I here ya. I grew up there.

Seems they are still up to the ol' "fund raising" racket down there.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks, I appreciate it. I think its safe to say I represent a small amount of police officers who think like me but I think I slowly tend to sway others. Ron Paul pretty much sums up what my beliefs are on matters where the government should stand.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Some people cannot take a clue until that clue slaps them in face. Wear your seatbelt or get a ticket. It's that simple. You getting killed in a car wreck not only affects tax income for the federal government , but it affects the crews having to pickup your mangled corpse.

So the law protects public servants mental stability , tax income , and you.

So i do not think buckling up is too much to ask for.
edit on 10-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It is simple. The US has become so obsessed with telling adults what to do in the name of safety and security that our once plentiful liberties are becoming scarce. The issue is a lot bigger than not wearing a seatbelt and as a consequence getting pulled over, fined and possibly searched. A person's car is a private zone. The law is asinine considering(in Florida) someone can ride a motorcycle without a helmet. Anyone who has been arrested understands the legal system is a racketeering scheme where money buys innocence.

I am troubled that so many replies consist of, it's a law and for your own good you better obey. They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
edit on 10-4-2012 by jrod because: s

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join