It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Police Pose as Giant Bunnies to Catch Illegal Drivers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
In FL I can ride my motorcycle without a helmet if I have insurance but I can't drive a car without a seatbelt even though I have insurance. Yeah that makes a lot of sense!

I guess that either TPTB don't care about the safety of motorcyclist or its just due to the fact that there are way more cars on the road than motorcycles and therefore more money to be generated.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I love bunnies but not the evil kind.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Some one needs to hold a sign over the bunnies head.

I vote for this guy.

Kill the wabbit.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well it's nice to see that they can get into the "festive" mood of it all while still remaining intact to their core job principles.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
In FL I can ride my motorcycle without a helmet if I have insurance but I can't drive a car without a seatbelt even though I have insurance. Yeah that makes a lot of sense!

I guess that either TPTB don't care about the safety of motorcyclist or its just due to the fact that there are way more cars on the road than motorcycles and therefore more money to be generated.

Actually..they dont want you wearing a helmet..more chance for a fatality ..

Keeps the rates down when they dont have to put you on life support for a few years.

Has Nothing to do with PTB .. its numbers brother.

As far as the OP thread .. Good for them ( the cops ).

In some states they just send you a pic with a ticket in it when you drive through an intersection wrong.

Wear your freaking seatbelts !

Turn your flashers on..Dont run a light..dont drive intoxicated.dont text while driving, dont put makeup on, dont eat...drive with a license..and about another 200 reasons to do things while driving that will not get you pulled over.

Drive with your head and hands in control as much as possible.. Nuff said here..

JG.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

it always makes me wonder why the hell this is a law...

seriously.. how absolutely stupid to have police wasting resources on

something as dumb as this..

on top of all the other B$ you need to own (kinda) & operate a vehicle ..

am I/we supposed to believe for one minute the State cares for my life with in my car?

no. I think not. just another way to capitalize on the emotions of people who have had car crashes..

and tax the rest of us...

obviously all of these people were in traffic & it would not make a bit of difference if they wore a seat belt or not

in a traffic jam..

edit on 8-4-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaduguru

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Actually..they dont want you wearing a helmet..more chance for a fatality ..

Keeps the rates down when they dont have to put you on life support for a few years.

Has Nothing to do with PTB .. its numbers brother.

As far as the OP thread .. Good for them ( the cops ).

In some states they just send you a pic with a ticket in it when you drive through an intersection wrong.

Wear your freaking seatbelts !

Turn your flashers on..Dont run a light..dont drive intoxicated.dont text while driving, dont put makeup on, dont eat...drive with a license..and about another 200 reasons to do things while driving that will not get you pulled over.

Drive with your head and hands in control as much as possible.. Nuff said here..

JG.

Drive with your head and your hands in control as much as possible?

But yet its okay for the hundreds of cops that I've witnessed while living in FL to ride around typing on their laptops?

Oh let me guess........they're trained better than the average citizen? Or do they have some mysterious magic ability that lets them look at their laptop with one eye and the road with another?

Or what about all the cops that you see speeding all the time? I guess its okay for them to do it because they're the "law" right? And if they give the excuse that they are on their way to an emergency then that's BS because Florida law states that they have to have at the least their emergency lights on.

NO! Its simple hypocrisy, the "Do as I say, not as I do" mentality.

This is why I decided not to go into law enforcement after the service. After riding around with many of them and seeing how they abuse their position I decided I wanted no part of a hypocrisy club.

This whole issue can be summed up in a quote from over 235 years ago by one of our founding fathers.
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will drawn around the rights of others. I do not say 'within the limits of the law' because law is often the tyrants will and always is when it violates the Rothschild of the individual."~Thomas Jefferson

While you may not view the choice of not wearing your seat belt as a right, it is because it is a choice of your free will and that choice is not causing physical harm to another or violating the rights of another. If TPTB are so concerned about safety well then I guess that all of my activities for fun are in serious danger of becoming illegal. Activities such as cave diving, deepwater tech diving, sky diving, free rock climbing, these are all inherently more dangerous than driving without a seat belt yet there is no regulation on these activities since it would be exponentially harder to collect revenue from them and that is all that seat belt laws are meant to do.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Moon
Its quite easy to avoid this bunny... Wear a seat belt!
I think that most people are missing the point. A seat belt is there to save your life in the event of a crash.

Do you make your kids wear a seatbelt?? If the answer is yes, why?? If the answer is no, then you need to re-think your kids safety.

It is the law to wear a seatbelt and it's for your own safety.
edit on 8/4/2012 by Mr Moon because: Added more to post.

Statistics prove drunk drivers are less likely to sustain serious injury in a crash, buckled or not, because they are "loose" with poor reaction time and less likely to tense up. Using your logic getting hammered before you get behind the wheel might "save your life in the event of a crash" right?
How about we all just do the right thing because it's the right thing to do, not because "it's the law".

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So if someone pays a group of kids to beat the crap out of the said bunnies do they still get assault on a LEO or can they claim a bunny just robbed them because the cops were not to be found and took justice into their own hands and beat the bunny senseless?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I love the Ocean and all the state has to go with it, just not any form of government here. Florida sucks when it comes to cops, all they due is hand out tickets. If you call them because someone is stalking your house to rob it later that night they could care less. Then when you call the arseholes to let them know that your home has been broke into while you were at work they say oh well it was probably just kids and you may want to get a dog!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Pig costumes would have been more appropriate. What if I hit one with my truck?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by Mr Moon
Its quite easy to avoid this bunny... Wear a seat belt!
I think that most people are missing the point. A seat belt is there to save your life in the event of a crash.

Do you make your kids wear a seatbelt?? If the answer is yes, why?? If the answer is no, then you need to re-think your kids safety.

It is the law to wear a seatbelt and it's for your own safety.
edit on 8/4/2012 by Mr Moon because: Added more to post.

Statistics prove drunk drivers are less likely to sustain serious injury in a crash, buckled or not, because they are "loose" with poor reaction time and less likely to tense up. Using your logic getting hammered before you get behind the wheel might "save your life in the event of a crash" right?
How about we all just do the right thing because it's the right thing to do, not because "it's the law".

I don't think there is any excuse to not ware a seat belt, well maybe if you just had surgery on your chest or something. Not using one is just beyond stupid. Kind of like the little women sitting an inch from the airbag, not a good idea, get in a wreck and if the horrible crash don't kill ya the airbag will. Speaking of that we had a Fireman and a woman driver killed because the airbag was not disabled before the fireman started trying to unbuckle an old lady out of her car. Mr. Fireman was blown out the car through the back window and they never said what happened to the poor old lady.

A seat belt has saved my life before, let alone my handsome face from being planted against broken windshield.

Riding a motorcycle in Florida is just gambling with your life, helmet or not. Many friends of mine have died on them, one the day of his high school graduation.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato
Pig costumes would have been more appropriate. What if I hit one with my truck?

Think you would have to call the Fish and Game officers, they might even chuckle over that one. S&F for you, that was funny.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I am a police officer and I believe that there should be no law governing who wears a seatbelt under the age of 18. If someone wants to be unsafe and it only affects them, then why should the government care? Additionally, I have much better things to do than be ordered to go do a traffic operation. I nearly refuse to write tickets and the handful I do write a year are only to morons who think they own the road.

I hate hearing people bash cops because in my five years of work I have seen and lived through more horrible things than I would care to tell my wife and kids. I've been in hairy situations which include wrestling a man with a gun or attending to my partner who was shot and killed in front of me. Most people only see cops for what this crap is and it really tarnishes our reputation.

Screw you politicians; sitting there in your lofty positions while everyone else suffers at your whim.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Yup, always knew the police would resort to something like this to make money.

Next thing you know, they will be giving away free candy in a Pennywise costume, and charging parents for child neglect.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamike
I am a police officer and I believe that there should be no law governing who wears a seatbelt under the age of 18. If someone wants to be unsafe and it only affects them, then why should the government care? Additionally, I have much better things to do than be ordered to go do a traffic operation. I nearly refuse to write tickets and the handful I do write a year are only to morons who think they own the road.

I hate hearing people bash cops because in my five years of work I have seen and lived through more horrible things than I would care to tell my wife and kids. I've been in hairy situations which include wrestling a man with a gun or attending to my partner who was shot and killed in front of me. Most people only see cops for what this crap is and it really tarnishes our reputation.

Screw you politicians; sitting there in your lofty positions while everyone else suffers at your whim.

If you are truly a cop, well said!

I could sit back and have a beer with you and I don't say that about many people. Cop or not.

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I dunno. I live in a country where the roads are completely unmonitored and it is total CHAOS. Multiple times per day I am reminded what a blessing it is that none of us have been injured or killed in traffic here. The death rate here in traffic accidents is 10x as high as any western country.

Honestly? I think you should be ticketed for not buckling in children. Adults should be free to make their own decisions. If I don't want to buckle, it affects no one but me.

Every single day I see toddlers hanging out of windows going down the highway, babies held in arms in the front seat - I even once saw a newborn laid out on the front dash while the mom went through her purse, going down the road. It is appalling.

Here's one I took during a traffic slowdown one day. I first spotted it going full speed down the highway:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I call it a "stupid tax" - it only taxes those too stupid to wear a seat belt.

to avoid this tax simply wear a seatbelt!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Statistics prove drunk drivers are less likely to sustain serious injury in a crash, buckled or not, because they are "loose" with poor reaction time and less likely to tense up

Care to show us the source of those "statistics"?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

i live in the uk and over here cops have to be in full uniform
to enforce the law and in most cases in pairs

so i wouldnt pay as he /she is not in uniform
but it maybe different over in the US of A

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join