It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never trust a GPS to do the work for you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
OMG...

I was so fed up with the child and her beatings on her mother, that enough was enough, that between school, I was like, when I get home you better be ready to leave.

But on the way there, my sister's GPS took me down some serial killer road. It wasn't even paved. 9 miles. I am like, are we there yet? This road was scary, I think 284 in Penn. You had no phone connection, no paved road, if a truck wanted to run off, you'd be dead and no one would ever find ya. That's how scary it was. I was like, you trying to kill me? It was like, some bull dozer paved a road, and that was the highway.

I drove 25 hours straight to bring the child to her father's and to go back home.

Enjoying my peace and quiet.

OMG

never listen to a GPS.

I was scared shAtless

Hey all , I'm Back.
I have to find my avatar now.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I know what you mean....

Welcome back!
edit on 4/7/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/7/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

He's actually a good actor. Especially from OZ. Don't know why he's doing Gieco.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My phones Maps program has never led me astray

Mostly because the perspective on it is overhead instead of behind the car...and the phone doesn't tell me what to do, just shows me the route and provides directions
edit on 7-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Oh we survived the trauma and when we were out of there safely, you had a good laugh. At least on the way back "Tommy" was correct and didn't take us down Serial Killer Highway......

After all it was your wrong turn that caused "Tommy" to get confused. You know men can't understand women. I will admit, I'm enjoying my quiet, but in all seriousness, I'm bored as hAll. I know she needs help and I tried desperately to get it for her, but so many services have been cut in your state that it was hard to get it for her. I miss my baby.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by Ex_CT2

He's actually a good actor. Especially from OZ. Don't know why he's doing Gieco.

I LOVE those commercials with him. My favorite is....

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
so you finally ditched THE CHILD. finally, a little peace of mind??

I lol'd @ the serial killer road, I can only imagine yours, i've seen one myself. it was nighttime, and I instantly hit the brakes and went full reverse. lol.

I love my GPS honestly, but it's taken me off course and to the wrong house more times than not, so I only use it now to watch my car move across the map LOL.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I lol'd @ the serial killer road, I can only imagine yours, i've seen one myself. it was nighttime, and I instantly hit the brakes and went full reverse. lol.

I love my GPS honestly, but it's taken me off course and to the wrong house more times than not, so I only use it now to watch my car move across the map LOL.

My daughter used to love that part. Sometimes during the trip, she wanted to hold the GPS, or "Tommy" as I call it, to watch the car on it, but when we needed to make crucial turns she didn't want to give it up, so sometimes we had to pull over to the side of the road. The funniest part was when she gave it back and she thought we were out of an area we needed to watch out for, she'd whine, "Give it back, I never had a turn."

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

It was my first time using one.

And I was like with the the child, do you want to get to dad's, or stay on the road? Then give the GPS to you're mother. Bad mistake. Should of let the child tell me where to go. HAHA
edit on 7-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It was my first time using one.

And I was like with the the child, do you want to get to dad's, or stay on the road. Then give the GPS to you're mother. Bad mistake. Should of let the child tell me where to go. HAHA

You do remember I cook your food most of the time. Better watch out....
I could also shrink your clothes in the wash, but then again, you'd probably fit the darn things still.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by happyhomemaker29

reply to post by Ex_CT2

Actually, that's one of my favorites too. The other one is "Pink SUV," where he's the teenage girl. Gives me a real giggle....

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Originally posted by happyhomemaker29

reply to post by Ex_CT2

Actually, that's one of my favorites too. The other one is "Pink SUV," where he's the teenage girl. Gives me a real giggle....

I don't know if I've seen that one. I'll have to check on Manhater's computer later because my daughter went to a Justin Beiber fan site and destroyed mine.
We spent something like 4 days trying to find parts and rebuild it. Now I'm using a Linux based one with no volume so I can't watch it on mine. I have to borrow hers when she's at work or sleeping because she won't share her toys with me.
In all seriousness, she said she's going to sell some parts and whatnot so we can try and get mine back to where it should be before the Justin Beiber virus.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

this one is my fav one. Satellite Mayhem

I like how this thread turned into an Allstate ad. lol

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I can tell you right now you won't get paid through Allstate.

Yuh, not even in my first accident.

Good luck though. Trying anyways.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I can tell you right now you won't get paid through Allstate.

Yuh, not even in my first accident.

Good luck though. Trying anyways.

Well that's a damn shame. And here we did all this free promotion for them. Just goes to show that the best ads don't necessarily make the best company. I'll be remembering that....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

lol
you poor thing
here's a flag an' star

all the energy you were using to deal with The Child [lol sounds like the title of a horror flick]
is now freed up, you should put it to some positive use; like taking up meditation.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I don't trust my GPS in PA. They are doing so much roadwork that it is crazy, but at least some of the stimulas dollars are going in the right direction.

I had to laugh when my GPS told me to take a right the third time to cross a river on a bridge that didn't exist.

Glub, Glub.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

This should have been in rants. I too hate my GPS and shouldnt have to pay 200 bucks to update its kakadoodie maps. SO I dont.. out of some moral outrage and disobedience to the demands that technology has laid upon me. I spend a lot of time driving in circles and recalculating.. and cursing Lucille with her forever calm patronizing voice ( we named it so I could verbally abuse it better). I depend on my GPS for a thing I do on the side... but I am holding fast to my belief that humans will triumph over navigational device map upgrade payment demands.. theyre like hungry beasts we must not feed with our hard earned cash for its sick data nourishment! I buy this hungry thing not knowing its expensive yearly appetite. THAT my friend is a conspiracy! Sometimes my cursing this evil satanic device makes my passenger smile or laugh or exclaim : DAYUM, you want some decaf? But in the end, google sucks worse. /rant

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Haha, my mothers was "Blanch" for the same reason. Said she sounded like a cranky, retired second grade teacher.

I had a tomtom which I really liked that got stolen.

Now I have a Garmin that sucks. Sigh.

I haven't named it yet.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Advantage

Haha, my mothers was "Blanch" for the same reason. Said she sounded like a cranky, retired second grade teacher.

I had a tomtom which I really liked that got stolen.

Now I have a Garmin that sucks. Sigh.

I haven't named it yet.

Ive got a good idea for a name, but Ill be spanked for circumvention of the profanity filter...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join