It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't use lights at night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have this strange habit that when it goes dark, I walk around in the pitch black and never turn on my lights.
i'm usually up till about 2-3 A.M, i'm fairly diurnal so I spend half my time awake in the light and half in the dark.
I noticed that if I either wake up in the middle of the night, or am already up, there are no lights on,
and the thing is, I don't need them, I can find my way around the house perfectly.
I'm able to remember where everything is I guess and have no real need for the light.
I'll even walk up the stairs with a full bowl of cereal and milk balancing in the pitch black

anyone else do this? I only recently noticed. it's been happening for maybe 2 years now i'd say.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You are not alone

I do the exact same, the only time i put on light is when standing up peeing

I love darkness, and a small electrical bill

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My eyes adjust if their is moonlight, other than that I need light. Our dog doesn't always make it over the night anyways so I just turn them on so I don't step in a surprise.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I have this strange habit that when it goes dark, I walk around in the pitch black and never turn on my lights.
i'm usually up till about 2-3 A.M, i'm fairly diurnal so I spend half my time awake in the light and half in the dark.
I noticed that if I either wake up in the middle of the night, or am already up, there are no lights on,
and the thing is, I don't need them, I can find my way around the house perfectly.
I'm able to remember where everything is I guess and have no real need for the light.
I'll even walk up the stairs with a full bowl of cereal and milk balancing in the pitch black

anyone else do this? I only recently noticed. it's been happening for maybe 2 years now i'd say.

It's not strange to not use your lights at night. But most people have some kind of light going on.

When you say you can carry a bowl of food around the house in the dark, are you implying that you can't see anything? What about when you pour the milk in the bowl, no light then?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Does your refrigerator have lights?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

You should be happy you dont live here in Norway then. We have several months straight with daylight 24/7 from spring to early fall.
In June the sun will shine straight through my bedroom window already at 3am.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by yourmaker

It's not strange to not use your lights at night. But most people have some kind of light going on.

When you say you can carry a bowl of food around the house in the dark, are you implying that you can't see anything? What about when you pour the milk in the bowl, no light then?

I see nothing but faint little patches of shadow here and there that I use a guide, it's pitch black to anyone else.
my computer screen/TV act as the only light source when i'm awake at night and they are in their own little room.
everywhere else in the house is black.

all sounds strange to me lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMongerer
Does your refrigerator have lights?

yes but I stopped using it when I was able to start doing a lot stuff without it.
like pouring a glass of water or something, I don't need it.
I use sound a lot.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
reply to post by yourmaker

You should be happy you dont live here in Norway then. We have several months straight with daylight 24/7 from spring to early fall.
In June the sun will shine straight through my bedroom window already at 3am.

haha no worries, I love the sun too, since I live in Vancouver, when it is daylight, it's usually GREY. cloudy, rainy.
we barely see the sun until summer then it's like 30 degrees everyday until September then it goes back to being cloudy and grey forever.

but 3 A.M, thats my darkness time, so you're right, I wouldn't enjoy that very much

I'm not like goth or anything lol, but there's something about the darkness that I love, something primal, like a hunter.
it's like a test to myself in some ways.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just curious...what do you do to entertain yourself while it's dark, besides carrying around bowls of cereal?

It sounds kind of boring if you ask me...Can't read, watch tv, go online, and can't do anything productive either, like household chores or working on a hobby of some sort.

Not that odd though, we all carry mental maps of our houses in our heads, which is good.
It would be pretty annoying if we kept forgetting where the bathroom was in a house we'd lived at for 10 years, lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr
Just curious...what do you do to entertain yourself while it's dark, besides carrying around bowls of cereal?

It sounds kind of boring if you ask me...Can't read, watch tv, go online, and can't do anything productive either, like household chores or working on a hobby of some sort.

Not that odd though, we all carry mental maps of our houses in our heads, which is good.
It would be pretty annoying if we kept forgetting where the bathroom was in a house we'd lived at for 10 years, lol.

I practice martial arts a lot or i'll work out, with music running in the background, other then that, i'll be on the computer or playing battlefield 3 lol.
there's not much else to do, most of what I get done is during the day. I live the simplest life of the simple.

I do all my reading at chapters

the bowl of cereal thing just happens that way everytime without thinking about it. habit.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I can imagine that it must be Hell trying to read something that way.
?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Or iginally posted by yourmaker

I practice martial arts a lot or i'll work out, with music running in the background, other then that, i'll be on the computer or playing battlefield 3 lol.
there's not much else to do, most of what I get done is during the day. I live the simplest life of the simple.

the bowl of cereal thing just happens that way everytime without thinking about it. habit.

its funny that you mention martial arts as somewhat of your reasoning..i once read ninjitsu book explaining how it takes 30 minutes for the rods in your eyes to adjusts to the level of light in your enviroment.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
I can imagine that it must be Hell trying to read something that way.
?

whats there to read? most of it is memorization and scanning. I read during the day, if and when I do.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1

Or iginally posted by yourmaker

its funny that you mention martial arts as somewhat of your reasoning..i once read ninjitsu book explaining how it takes 30 minutes for the rods in your eyes to adjusts to the level of light in your enviroment.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

thank you for the recommendation, I remember the SAS handbook mentioned something like you want to hold your eyes closed for 10-20 seconds and then they quickly adapt to the dark. I didn't know that detail though.
mine are adjusted fairly quick, as they adjust with the sun. my house goes darker quicker than most because i'm on a hill with trees etc..

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I too love the dark. You can see more outside with no lights on. As I live in a violent neighbourhood - this comes in handy.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I am the same way! my girlfriend makes fun ( "what are you doing in here in the dark, you weirdo" lol), but I love it. I've noticed that I don't need as much light to see, and prefer less volume on the tv, too. Sometimes its almost like a game in my head, like subconsciously I'm preparing for life with no lights. Hmmm...

(I even dim the computer screen, and use a dimmer app on my phone.)
edit on 7-4-2012 by gemdog because: Added info

top topics

join