It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Word of God in the Bible written by God or Man? Compare the Evidence Here...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Why would someone steal a bible? Or any book for that matter?

Firewood?

Because....they wanted it? Isn't that generally why people steal?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Bibles are free... they have no value to someone who would steal...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If God decided there was a need to speak to humans, would he really need a book or words.

The concepts of the Creator of the Unverse would use something beyond a few dumb books and the pandering of man with mixed up words.

If God desired something, it would be ingrained in everyone and common knowledge not needing a book or words.

God historically wrote to man with signs in the heavens and signs on Earth from Nature. No words from God or even Books.

All these words and Books are just human non-sense seeking control of others.

Sometimes these words of humans are considered benevolent if they help all others and provide equality, and evil when they seek Empire, Oligarchy, and control over others for exploitation.

The latter applies to the human interpretations of these human words today as the Seek NWO oligarchy power and dominion over the world from a few not intent on benevolence.

edit on 8-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The issues of exploitation and benevolence

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Pretty soon, you won't be able to give a Bible away as folks learn the simple concepts for Benevolence vs Exploitation and they discover the US Constitution was based upon recognition of those concepts.

One is about Freedom and the other Oppression, one about God and one about Satan.

You don't need a long boring book to teach those simple values. But you need that big long boring book to promote Empires, Kings, and oppression. Thus, nobody is going to want this Book as Revelations concepts set into full swing and everyone sees how simple it really was and didn't need a big long boring book to discover basic relities.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Bro, be careful with that word "Lord", in canaanite it translates as Ba'al which is what Elijah fought against and what Jezebel was forcing worship of onto Israel. Ba'al is short for Ba'alzebuwb...or as we know it, the Babylonian Be'elzebub. Yes the Father's name is YHWH of YHVH. In terms of language english is wierd, broad and vague compared to hebrew.

Ofcourse you have to take into account that the Heavenly Father knows all and is certainly no moron when it comes to knowing who is reaching out to him, after all he did find Abraham amidst all those idols and false gods when Abraham had no clue who he was or what he was looking for.

I get what you are saying. Here is how I understand it.

YHVH translates to Lord as a common version of Authority. The Hebrews used it so that the name of the Lord would not be taken in vain. Yud, Hey, Vav Hey translates from the proto-Canaanite into three words based off of the original pictographic ideograms. Yud is Nail. Hey is Behold a great work. Vav is the hand. Read from right to left, it is Behold the hand, Behold the nail. We cannot take the name of the Lord in vain by calling him by a name. The way we take the name in vain is by taking on the name that represents him but not the character. The name represents the character.

Wiki
Baʿal (Biblical Hebrew בעל, pronounced [ˈbaʕal], usually spelled Baal in English) is a Northwest Semitic title and honorific meaning "master" or "lord"[1] that is used for various gods who were patrons of cities in the Levant and Asia Minor, cognate to Akkadian Bēlu. A Baalist or Baalite means a worshipper of Baal.

This would be like us calling a false god a God. The world God is a title representing the general idea and not the specific deity. This is specifically why the Hebrews used a common term of honor rather than the specific name God possessed. We now know that Jesus and YHVH and Lord and God are the same name if our intent is to honor the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. Remember who was created first from God. It is Father, Son and Holy Spirit as a Godhead. Before we were, they are.

1 Colossians 1:

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Because of this, Jesus referred to Psalms 82 (he often called this the law) in John 10.

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'?

What did he mean by this? We already know we are Children of God. What happens when we are no longer children?

Psalm 82

1 God presides in the great assembly;
he renders judgment among the “gods”:

WE ARE GOD'S CHILDREN. HE RENDERS JUDGMENT AMONG US.

2 “How long will you defend the unjust
and show partiality to the wicked?

DEFEND TRUTH INSTEAD.

3 Defend the weak and the fatherless;
uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
4 Rescue the weak and the needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

THIS IS WHAT GOD IS TELLING US TO DO.

5 “The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing.
They walk about in darkness;
all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

WE ARE IN DARKNESS APART FROM GOD AS PRODIGAL SONS.

6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
7 But you will die like mere mortals;
you will fall like every other ruler.”

SEEK GOD AND LIVE!

8 Rise up, O God, judge the earth,
for all the nations are your inheritance.

JUDGE THE EARTH FOR WHAT IT IS AND RECOGNIZE A GREATER INHERITANCE.

Ultimately, Jesus inherits all things. His children also inherit with him. Why does this fit into the the name Lord? The name represents Christ's character and work on the Cross. The name we use to signify Him matters little if we are taking on the name as our own character. The character of the name is above every name that can be used.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

edit on 8-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Well, you probably have the right perspective. I'm no expert on ancient languages, but i believe that no matter what name you call him by, him being omniscient is enough for me to know that he knows who you're trying to reach. Just like today the conflict over certain jews trying to say that Jesus means Zeus or "Son of pig" and all kinds of other junk, and people can't figure out if we call him Jesus, Yeshu, Yeshua, Yahshua, Yehoshua, Yahuwshuwah, Iesus, Iesous and the list literally goes on and on. If Abraham could find him without knowing his name, we should be able to if we're down to being confused. There's no doubt in my mind that Abraham probably had more than a few days of his own spent in confusion.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Tell that to whoever stole her bible.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by wjones837

Yes there are.. And they are the oldest copies too.

They don't say he died and never came back.. They just say he died. The End.

edit on 7-4-2012 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

The oldest known complete or nearly complete versions of the gospel of Mark, Codex Vaticanus and Codex Sinaiticus omit Mark 16:9-20, and many Bibles today acknowledge that fact. Early church fathers Origen and Clement of Alexandria do not appear to know of these verses, and Jerome states that these passages are missing by his time, but if we read ch. 16:1-8 we see that Mark does tell of His resurrection. Older fragments of the New Testament exist, but since they are fragmentary, we cannot reliably determine what was in them and what wasn't. There is a fragment that appears to have Mark 6:52-53 in it from the Qumran scrolls (dating it before 70 A.D.), but that is a far cry from the entire gospel. Not only that, but there are three other gospel accounts, Acts, and the testimony of the church fathers concerning the resurrection of Christ that confirm this was what the earliest church believed. I have never heard of a gospel that says that Jesus wasn't risen from the dead. Would you please share what you have learned?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Well, you probably have the right perspective. I'm no expert on ancient languages, but i believe that no matter what name you call him by, him being omniscient is enough for me to know that he knows who you're trying to reach. Just like today the conflict over certain jews trying to say that Jesus means Zeus or "Son of pig" and all kinds of other junk, and people can't figure out if we call him Jesus, Yeshu, Yeshua, Yahshua, Yehoshua, Yahuwshuwah, Iesus, Iesous and the list literally goes on and on. If Abraham could find him without knowing his name, we should be able to if we're down to being confused. There's no doubt in my mind that Abraham probably had more than a few days of his own spent in confusion.

Exactly. John 2 answers this with one simple notion of infinite vision.

20 They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

The people were calling on Jesus for salvation, but he would not entrust himself to them. This is telling of Hebrews 9:28. Jesus knew all people already. He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he know what was in each person.

Hebrews 9:28

28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

We call on his name by placing our own name in His by character. We continue to do this until he comes to bring salvation as we wait. You must be born again.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wjones837

This is my thought process on this. If Mark is the earliest gospel and it doesn't have the resurrection in it then someone had to add it later. If someone was adding and editing things can I really believe in the accuracy of the document?

I've answered no personally.. I'm not saying I'm right, but after my study of biblical history, science in general and textural criticism of the Bible, I'm comfortable with the choice I've made.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

...says the person who knows nothing of value
You probably think a Tommy Hilfigger wristwatch is "nice" or and a pair of Perry Ellis slacks are "expensive", or that a JayZ autograph "has value"
Just stop and, if you can manage to, think about this for one second. Can your attention span accommodate such a task? The Bible has been around for a very long time. Now, if you can grasp this concept, we'll move forward! Knowing that a lot of Bibles have been printed, scribed, etc., over the past few thousand years, perhaps you can make the leap in evolutionary logic that goes beyond the thinking capacity of an ape, and also realize that there are still a lot of bibles around today that were created "a long time ago". Now, this is where it get really tricky. There are people out there, with this thing called money, you see. I don't have time to explain money but I can tell you its directly related to value, as in, a lot of people consider it (money) to HAVE value. Anyway, these people with money, some of them at least, they like old things. And they like to trade money for these old things. So if you were able to get your hands on a bible that is old, say over 100-200 years old, you could then exchange this old bible for a good amount of money! I know! It's crazy! These crazy people and their "old things"!

You've also obviously not gotten out much... Even if the bible wasn't old, people who steal a lot, steal weird things for weird reasons! Maybe it reminded them of a bible their grandma used to read to them when they were younger! Maybe they just wanted the owner, when they discovered it missing, to go "What the...???" Maybe they just saw it and really wanted to turn their lives around and start doing the right thing...

I could go on, but, seriously, is it really THAT big of a mystery why someone would do such a thing? I might decide to buy a straight toothbrush, only to take my lighter to it at a certain spot so that I can bend it so its like an angled toothbrush so that I can bang myself in the butthole and scrub my testicles at the same time! It's a crazy world, ok?! People do crazy things! So you don't need to act all astounded at every mundane story you come across. It makes you seem like a backwoods hillbilly who just now discovered the internet.

P.S. I apologize if I come across as rude. I'm really not. I just have a really weird sense of humor and I honestly don't have any bad feelings or thoughts toward you. Honestly if someone replied to me like this, I would be entertained more than anything! And I hope I could accomplish just that for you! Cheers!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I find it very obvious the bible is NOT the word of God...

IF it was the actual word of God... there would be no errors...

Such as the words of Jesus... they are error free aside from a few minor details... unlike the rest of the book

So, if you accept that the words of Jesus are free of error, recall that He said that not one jot or tittle would pass from the Law until all was fulfilled. Is Jesus not thus confirming the inerrancy of all Scripture? The mathematical coding proves it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join