It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is pointless

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by morpheusxxz

Is trolling an illusion or is it the path to enlightenment?...perhaps one day we will all know. Really...what defines an illusion? And what isn't an illusion? Does modern physics not tell us that reality as we perceive it is questionable? Nonetheless, I wish you the absolute best on your endeavors, wherever they may take you.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

This is a symptom of growing up in an age where the expectation is everything revolves around "me". I found that when I stopped thinking about "me" and looking out at the world, I found people that might benefit from my experience. It led me to volunteering and it quickly gave me a sense of what really is important, and dare I say it, a purpose that mattered. The need for immediate gratification became secondary to the reality that others truly have it worse than I do. It helped me put things in better perspective. Those little pity parties I previously enjoyed became too pathetic and trivial to continue. Problem solved. They won't be building monuments in my honor or naming hospitals after me, but hell, I can say that I made a difference in at least one person's life. Therefore, I matter. You never know, you might one day help an angel earn his wings George Bailey.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by totemcrocodile

Is trolling an illusion or is it the path to enlightenment?...perhaps one day we will all know. Really...what defines an illusion? And what isn't an illusion? Does modern physics not tell us that reality as we perceive it is questionable? Nonetheless, I wish you the absolute best on your endeavors, wherever they may take you.

An illusion is what is seen. The image that is appearing in front of you is what is seen.
What isn't an illusion is what is 'seeing' the illusion. The illusion cannot be seen without the seer of it.
The aware presence that you are is not an illusion.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
the truth is, life is like a circle. pointless. there is no answer to the great questions that have haunted man for years. but there is always one thing that can keep you going no matter what. it is hope. hope is what makes us strong when we are weak, hope is what we hold on to when all else is lost, it gives us the power to push onwards. so yea you may think there is no point to life, but when you feel this way just simply tell yourself this, "we can all die at any given time on any given day. we can die tomorrow for no reason. so isn't that as good a reason as any to live it up right here, right now?"

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm the same exact way, I don't keep in contact with anyone, I don't care about money or television or sports or any of that bs. I feel like people are robots, seems like everyone talks about the same things and acts the same way and I can't deal with it so I just stay to myself. I think that's the best way to deal with it. I listen to music a lot, that's pretty much the only thing that gets me out of my head.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

STAR & MOTHERFIN' FLAG

you just explained me exactly.
everythings so fake. nothing is real, its all pointless and its sad to see no one understands. they are all blind to the lies that are being thrown right in their faces. its so much more than depressing. its good to know your not theonly one feeling this way
keep on keeping on man.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
But what does it matter. Start having fun, get some nice hobbies. Enjoy the ride.
it won't help to keep thinking about it, just accept it.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

Exactly what he said. You could spend all of your life thinking about this and not find answers, people spend countless years pondering this question but it all comes down to this - Nobody knows how and why everything works...NOBODY. So just have fun, or try to find some peace in something. Maybe right a book about it or something. A hobby you can love and enjoy.

Your right, nothing in a billion years will matter, and we know for a fact that a billion years will come, so just look as life as your sandbox and find something that will keep you at least content.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join