It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is pointless

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Life is pointless because this physical world we live is a kind of prison for us. Some think its heaven and to some its hell. People can't smell the roses because they are getting used to the stench called 'false reality'. Thankfully many are indeed smelling the roses too. I can say what I found to be true- We are slaves wandering aimlessly trying to boast our 'significance' and 'superiority' when there truly is none. You do enjoy life but only up to a point when you begin to think of all the non sense that you are being fed. Your childhood now looks strange to you as if you have become a completely different person. Everything is meaningless and pointless now. Those who think life is cool seems not to look beyond this realm and are content in being slaves to this system. Just count the number of wars we have fought.

The utmost reason for your 'derealization' is that you have grown beyond the illusion- it has to happen at some point of time in your life. Its dangerous to be in such a frame of mind and remember this time has to pass anyway. Do what you love and do what makes you feel happy. There has to be something that you love to do even if its an illusion and pointless. Either you can be detached and still do your duty or get yourself rid of this society and live a natural life full of freedom. The choice is up to you. This is no depression since I know I am going through this too.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by morpheusxxz

Hey man we all know and have or will have the feeling at one point or another. Life is what it is. Here is a philosophy I tend to subscribe to a certain degree that makes sense to me on the meaning of life and you might find some insight here if you are interested. Check it out:

It's called from "Self Consciousness to Initiation"

Here are the chapters in order:
1. www.freeread.com...
2. www.freeread.com...
3. www.freeread.com...
4. www.freeread.com...
5. www.freeread.com...
6. www.freeread.com...
7. www.freeread.com...
8. www.freeread.com...
10. www.freeread.com...
11. www.freeread.com...

My 3 cents

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It is hard to feel positive when the NWO is ramping up so intensely. No matter what happens in the illusory world the evild doers have devised as a prison for us, never forget your real existence is in God and is beautiful and wonderful.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by morpheusxxz I doubt that anyone will have the answer but still I want to hear your views on this.

There is actually an explanation. We are done with the illusion and nothing that we try to do in a 3rd dimensional world seems to make any sense. We are actually starting to let go of any 3d possessions that we have. I am actually in the same boat as you. I am not depressed but it seems to me that aside from my family, there is nothing that I want in this world anymore. I do try to live in this world as we have no choice. I am just waiting for the changes to happen.

To those who only subscribe to doom and gloom, I actually think that we are heading to a better world. Include spirituality in your research (learn to differentiate religion from spirituality) and you will also be able to connect the dots. So I am actually far from depressed. Quite the opposite but I still want changes to happen soon.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by morpheusxxz
For past few months, I have lost interest in everything. Every damn thing seems so pointless. Everyone just run around trying to keep themselves involved with illusions to escape reality.

I hear that a lot from younger people. People my age that grew up without computers, cel phones and video games grew up engaged in life, we didn't live vicariously through video game characters and we didn't pretend to be someone else on the Internet. I think that's the disconnect right there, because even though I have a cel phone, computer and play video games now, I also know how to enjoy life without them. Those electronic gizmos are not my life, they support my life. But for most young people, those things are their life. They don't know how to live without them, and all it leads to is a confusing, unsatisfying existence.

Originally posted by morpheusxxz My existence does not make any difference in this world.

Whose does? That's not the point. Your life is what you make of it, life isn't measured by how important you are to the world, it's about how important you are to yourself and your loved ones.

Originally posted by morpheusxxz Yes, I still have been trying to just survive and spend my days occupied with video games the whole day. For couple of weeks, it worked but again today I was haunted by the same question.

Video games? Really? Well your right, there's not any value in a life full of video games. Seriously, give up the games for a while and start to LIVE your life.

Originally posted by morpheusxxzMany say that it is actually the lack of love because of which I think like this but love is a very strong illusion and I cannot willingly give myself into it...

Love isn't an illusion and it's not a noun. It's a verb. It's something you do, not something that's just there. You have to put forth effort to love others. I've been married 20 years and take it from me, a 20+ year love affair is a lot of work. But it's more than worth it, and it is what makes life worth living. Lay off the video games and get out there and love someone, it'll totally change your perspective.

edit on 8-4-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Life *IS* pointless... but not necessarily in a negative way.

We place an ignorant amount of worth on ourselves, when we're nothing more than animals that have self awareness. The sun doesn't worship us. The weather doesn't care if it wipes out entire towns. The earth could care less if it opened up and swallowed an entire country.

The fact we're alive right now, is perhaps sheer chance.

To be aware in the moment right now, what if you were to step into a machine that could transport your entire being to another point in space like the star trek transporters. Would *you* still be aware of that thought? Or have you been destroyed entirely and only the replica of you now aware of the moment? Where are *you*? Do you even have that same thought? You are aware of yourself, but effectively, in theory, you have just been created. The old you that held so much value to your self awareness, gone in an instant. Pointless.

So in a million years, will there by anyone around to be aware of this insignificant point of time, where we place so much importance on ourselves? Or a million years in the past? If there is human life still around in 1 million years, it will not even know you ever existed. Or any of us.

We're the now. And that is only by sheer chance. And we'll be gone one day, and eventually nothing that ever happened on this planet will have any evidence. Not a shred. It will be as if it had never been.

No point fighting it, no point denying it. the only time you will ever know for sure, is if you die and stand at the pearly gates knowing it was all with a reason.... and then it's too late to live life.

Life is nothing more than the respiration of our beings until expiration. Everything in between is that thought you have of the now, which will pass as you continue to respire through time... Love, hate, joy, sadness, hope, despair..

100 years ago, countless people expired. no one even knows their names or that they existed. They had simply, no point.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

That isn't really life though. You have not seen life lately to say it is pointless.
Get outdoors and go for a ride in the car, a walk in the woods a sail on a lake.
Watch sunsets and children and beautiful women. If you relish life you enjoy it more.
Grab what ever snippets of the greatness you can. I have a feeling it will be over soon.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Yes you are right, life is pointless...but it is all about what you make of it.

You are, and there is no way to undo yourself or to escape yourself.

The suitcase with all your personal dealings will go with you where ever you go in this world..... and the next. If you won't change, the contens will never change. Try to make that suitcase smell with the scent of your favorite flowers when you open it. Life will become more interesting because you will see "other" stuff.

edit on 8/4/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I do not know if this will help you, or if you are even reading this thread anymore. What I do know that has helped me when I reached your point where everything I saw around me was meaningless, was meditating on a flame. This could be a bonfire or a simple candle flame. Follow the flame as it dances while maintaining the idea that everything around you is meaningless. As you stare into the flame long enough lose yourself in it while ignoring everything around you. This is done easier at the point you are at because you already are close to completely ignoring everything around you. Do this for however long you want. After a good while into this ask yourself the questions within you, hopefully this will provide you with the clarity to find the answers you seek.

Side note: Why fire you might ask. Well I believe it is easier to catch our attentions than any other illusions that we face day-to-day because it is rarely seen in our “civilized” world (except if you are a firefighter). Also because of the reverence we give it, due to its great potential to destroy. Which makes fire a captivating focal point.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

Bull S#!%! Life is what you make it! Coming from a Military Family...I had to work HARD for everything I wanted. My parents...even though they owned several growing buisnesses....as a kid...I was put to work and learned a work ethic.

This non-coddling I am greatful for now as it helped me become self sufficient. I was lucky in that I had a few genetic gifts...several talents...High IQ...and physical Health and stature...but what i accomplished...I did on my own.

I have experiences of several lifetimes and am relatively wealthy. I give back as much as I can. This giving back alone gives me purpose...and I enjoy it. Life can be wonderful...or tragic...or wasted...it is up to the individual.
But to say you are trapped or are being held back or no matter how hard you try...you get nowhere....is BULL!

I can do or accomplish any goal I set my mind to...if you can't...you are just not either trying hard enough...or are dumb as a bag of rocks as I have seen people with almost zero skills obtain their goals.
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The 2 biggest sources of bull# illusions in this world are anything related to the military and the church.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by lapi7
Part 3

Now that's the stuff, that's the kind of humor (in part) that I'm talking about.

Love that guy! Awesome, thanks for sharing him, what he sais is so rational, and utterly fantastic, and so simple AND so very very funny!

Just read over the vast majority of replies to the OP's question. It's just more self-aggrandizing BS from people pretending to have "the answer" that just goes on and on from ego maniacs who want to be seen as "wise". "You should do this...", "Here's what to do...", "You are doing such and such...", "Try looking at life this way..." Talk about the blind leading the blind !

Most people love to fancy themselves as "gurus" and "teachers" and just want to spew out their own so-called "insights" while they themselves still remain quite lost. They LOVE to be acknowledged and to be counted as "wise" by others which only proves how lost they still are.

"Two men were wandering around a hot arid desert. One of them fell into a dark pit. The other fell into a glittering gold mine. But both were still lost."

As Vernon himself once put it so perfectly : "When a person is told that they are living in a state of delusion, every individual thinks that they are the exception, which is part of the delusion."

"It is impossible to teach anyone what he insists he already knows."

I'm very glad to see that at least one human being had the insight to watch and appreciate the brilliant Mr. Howard.

Vernon was a very RARE teacher who actually WAS everything that he taught. No pretense! No ego! No demands! No frills! No rainbows! No 'New Age' stuff! No masks or disguises. He was financially set for life yet he lived very modestly and discreetly.

Vernon passed in 1992 yet he lives on via his books and lectures. I had the GREAT privilege to study under him for many years. He was my mentor and my teacher (one of several) It does not matter what one's religious, personal or political ideologies may be.

TRUTH IS TRUTH!
Five plus five can't make 10 for one person and 28 for another.

edit on 8-4-2012 by lapi7 because: additional content

edit on 8-4-2012 by lapi7 because: additional content

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

See a psychologist before you end up on the FBI wanted list

edit on 8-4-2012 by hotbread because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You're focusing too much on the big picture, right now. I do that myself at times, as well; and sure, if you do it, it's very easy to feel completely suicidal.

Find one thing...the most immediate thing...that is going to cause you joy to do...and then do it. Even if it only takes five minutes, and is incredibly small. Generally speaking, small five minute things are actually the best, to start with.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Bummer being aware... congratulations you win. How to be in the world but not of it. To live here in society and yet not be a product of the world. Thats it. You made it. You are bored with everything everyone else seems to find meaning in. This makes you special you know. I know it may be hard to not be a part of all that paradigm. But if you truly lost interest in all the world has to offer, wow that is the gift all people seek. That is enlightenment. Boring lowly, unfulfilling, ( but solid) enlightenment. Good for you. All you have to do is be.

Now... wait it out. Wait for the infilling that will bring a new interest in things other than things. Don't jump the gun. Just wait it out. If you get bored or decide on your own, that will be the old way. Waaait.... It will come to you.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Op, hang in there. I came to this same realization about 3 years ago. Life- What's the point? This planet is terrible, I am disgusted to even be considered to be the same species as 98% of humans on this planet, and I think it's hilarious that people go on blindly living their days of carrying out their role in society yet, no one even knows the point, or questions of any of it (aside from people like us). When you think about yourself "in the big picture" it is even more pathetic. What does make me happy though is knowing that the upper class is in the same boat, aside from their temporary pleasures. I think what keeps me going is the very small possibility that there is more to life than eating, working, sleeping, pooping, reproducing, and dying- only to turn back into dirt and be forgotten, like the billions that experienced consciousness before us.

It is getting more depressing though, with the world the way it is. I think it took me at least a couple of months- maybe longer- to stop constantly thinking about this realization when I had it. At least you have brought it here. I was still a lurker on ATS then, and I posted my thoughts on 4chan...haha.. that didn't go very well, but there were a few that "got it".

I still think about it a lot, I don't think it will ever leave my mind now that the seed has grown. When it does get to me I usually try to play video games (subside myself with another illusion, if you will) or watch Carl Sagan or some other philosophical mind on Youtube.
edit on 8-4-2012 by thepainweaver because: had to switch from my phone to my computer-- too much to say on this.

edit on 8-4-2012 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

For past few months, I have lost interest in everything. Every damn thing seems so pointless.

When I sit outside to have a smoke I see people walking by. Some have kids, some are young lovers, some are loud... They remind me of chimps and gorillas in the wild: some have kids, some are young lovers, some are loud...

Though our technology may be advancing, we as individuals are living life exactly as our dumb hairy cousins are. We fight - they fight. We have sex - they have sex. We use tools - they use tools.

We are NOT special or unique. We pop into existence for a few decades and then pop out, just like every other animal on the planet.

But, this existence doesn't have to be so depressing. The good thing is that we can make mistakes (we can make absolute fools of ourselves) and all will be forgotten long before our bodies disintegrate. From the evolution of the very first thinking human, and up to 100 years before you were born, there have been billions of individuals that have lived and died; we know nothing of their personal likes and dislikes, how they laughed, their favorite foods... For all intents and purposes it's as though they never even existed.

Now, a hundred years from the day you die your name won't even come up in a dinner conversation. It will be like you never even existed. If you're in the U.S., when is the last time you had a deep conversation about the Boston Strangler? Jeffrey Dahmer? And, even if their names do come up, even if their names made it into print somewhere, what do they care - they're dead!

But, if these monsters won't stand the test of time, then we ordinary humans are FREE TO DO ANYTHING WE WANT! THIS LIFE IS ALL ABOUT YOU!!!!

Here are some of the things you can do and feel utterly guilt-free:

1. Go to a karaoke bar and sing your heart out - IN THE WRONG KEY!
2. Play video games all day without feeling that you are wasting time. The time is yours to do as you please.
3. Fart in a crowded elevator and blame the guy in the suitcoat and tie.

Point being, if nothing really matters, then do everything without guilt, shame, or any sense of wrongness.

On a personal note: I don't believe in any grand wizard with a magic wand. My veins are clogged from my neck down into my legs. I can't walk more than a hundred feet without having to rest my legs. So, just like anyone else, I might not have a tomorrow, which makes each moment special to ME! I wrote this post because I WANTED to, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Now, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of a smoke.

Now it's your turn to enjoy the hell out of reading this. Enjoy it, dammit!

edit on 4/8/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
But what does it matter. Start having fun, get some nice hobbies. Enjoy the ride.

Sorry but nothing gives me fun anymore or I do not want to give myself into illusions knowing that the same question will come back in my mind after a few days.

Who ever said that intelligence didn't come with a price. We all have to fight the darkness in our minds, be it once every few years or everyday. The way I see it we have two choices: suicide, or live like there's no tomorrow. Feeling helpless and hopeless, day after day, year after year, is NOT an option! It's a waste of time.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Wow, I never expected so much of input. Thank you everyone for sharing your views.
This will take me some time to think over all of it. Your replies have made me start searching even harder than ever.

I have to say that it is not possible for one to assess every perspective while living with a single one and then decide the correct one.

And for those criticizing me (I welcome criticism with open shoulders) for playing video games, it is just like you playing a musical instrument or doing your daily job or in other words keeping yourself occupied. It is not that playing those games shaped my boat. For me, its getting involved with one or other form of illusions.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
www.davidicke.com...

According to David Icke we live in a "Virtual Reality" called 'Physical Life'

www.ashtarcommandcrew.net... David Icke also reveals how we live in a virtual-reality dream world, very much like the one portrayed in the Matrix movies

www.mindreality.com...

Realize and appreciate every moment as perfect because your higher self has chosen everything and it is all happening in divine order and divine timing. You higher self sees the bigger picture and has decided on the best possible experience for you to have. You don’t have to worry that things are not going the way they were meant to go or regret that things are going in a different direction because of what you did. You connect back to the direction of your source the moment you realize that it is in control.

You came into this world with a purpose that was chosen by your higher self, the aspect of you which is one with God. You were specially designed for the fulfillment of it. Your life conditions that you were born into were also specially chosen as part of that purpose. Your innate personality traits, talents and physical qualities were also given for the work you were meant to do. The dreams that you came to have and the desires of your heart were inspired by your higher self for your purpose as you grew in life.

Everything from the beginning all the way to the end of your possible human life on this world has already been thought of and designed by your higher self. Nothing that happens to you which appears to be out of your control is a mistake. As you go along the journey of your life and making choices that leads to the unfoldment of your destiny, each step of the way, your higher self steps in to alter the arrangement of events in order to keep you on your path. Some of these alterations may appear as bad things.

According to some sources most humans are reincarnated to be reborn several million times before they go home to the divine "heaven world".

And according to Andromedan contactee Alex Collier, the Andromedans save everything every human have done into "harddisks".

Why did you wuit your business job? You should keep it, go to fitness, work with your body, also go out and dance with the girls and score them.
Do something good with your life...

edit on 8-4-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join