It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is pointless

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Mostly man, I'm with you... as are a lot of others.

What I like to think about is how much I've enjoyed things before I started going through this "reality is an illusion"/"spiritual journey" thing. Everything may not have been perfect, but you've probably once were content with things.

Just think about the things that you knew, the things you think you know, and the things that you will know. Whether any of them are true or not, they allow you to shift your perception of life and reality. Who knows where this studious, difficult, winding path will lead us.

PS. It's not just you that's going through this, it seems to me like it's a very large part of humanity. Meditate on that for a bit.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Ohhh my little Oblio everything has a point! Enjoy life, live, love, and dream and don't mess with the bees.

Keeping it the bell curve for all four components of self is key. Spiritual, mental, physical, and sociological. What the center of each of those bell curves are is each person's set point, maybe even their destiny. Each persons center set point is different. There is nothing static in any. You are either pushing forward or you are going to be pushed behind. To permit loss in any 1 or more of the 4 components of self will cause all the others to suffer regression immediately or eventually in the short or long term. A lot of work, this space-time existence.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Write a letter to Lennon's,McCartney's,George Harrison's,and Ringo's kids and tell them they'll NEVER amount to what their Dad's did.

Why bother forming a new band? Why try and raise the bar?

Tell you mom you caught your Dad at a gay bar hitting on your new boyfriend.

Film the reaction. Share with us. Even the geek guy on Comedy Central would pay for THAT.

Sell old AOL disks as additional memory door to door.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by morpheusxxz

Life does have a point and when you die your soul will be in immense pain for not doing what you were meant to. So better wake up a heed the call to make a difference in this world or you will reincarnate again and again until you learn your lesson.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mirrormaker326
Your post is profound. Thank you. I'm going to cut and paste it into my file of useful info if you don't mind

I can't say whether on not I have ever reached the depths of despair you have but I have been low on may occasions, and reflected deeply on the whole existential thing, I figure this is part and parcel with being human. The questioning and dissatisfaction making us constantly evaluate our current self value compared to our existance worth, ultimately cumulating in us realizing something new and deeper about ourselves, carrying this newfound experience and knowledge forward and bettering ourselve through the process.
I'm 52 y/o now and feel better about myself and the world around me, collectively, than when I was in my so called "prime of life".
I have come to the point in my life where I realize that this experience I call "my life"it is not about me but something far greater
But since I'm in the middle of it I might as well be as happy as possible!

Once again thank you.

edit on 7-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: lttle addition

edit on 7-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: little bit more

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If you cop out on this life, you are just going to have to come back in the next life and do it over.
If you don't like it, suffer through it. You will learn something and the next life will be better.
Slide into that grave screaming what a ride!
Don't go quietly into that good night. Don't give up without a fight.
Everybody is depressed in this environment. You are no different than many other people.
What are you doing to make someone else's life better? Try that instead of self pity.
Bring a smile to someone else's face. It is worth the trouble and make you feel like you made a difference in your own little world. That is the pill that kills the blues.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by morpheusxxz
For past few months, I have lost interest in everything. Every damn thing seems so pointless. Everyone just run around trying to keep themselves involved with illusions to escape reality. There are many threads on this topic all over the web and I read many, but still I am yet to be satisfied with an answer. My existence does not make any difference in this world. So my death too won't make any. We, the product evolution just simply exist. And if we look at the most basic level, we are nothing but a mass of many atoms stacked one upon another held together by a force. Therefore upon my death all my atoms will rearrange and go back within earth.

You may say that I am going through depression but perhaps it maybe that I am loosing my ability to keep myself occupied with illusions. Yes, I still have been trying to just survive and spend my days occupied with video games the whole day. For couple of weeks, it worked but again today I was haunted by the same question. I have cut connection with all my friends and I rarely meet anyone as every single one of them just talk about money/career/other illusions. Three months ago I closed down my business as money no longer interests me. Heck, I don't even like to eat and sleep anymore.

Many say that life is very precious and one should live a healthy life but still what is the point of this survival? Many say that it is actually the lack of love because of which I think like this but love is a very strong illusion and I cannot willingly give myself into it. Many say that life is what we make of it but even if I get myself busy with something, I will start pondering on the very same thing after a few days. I doubt that anyone will have the answer but still I want to hear your views on this.

I'll quote the great scholar Ric Flair and his speech to Randy Orton before there cage match at Taboo Tuesday "Don't you worry about the shell of a man showing up worry about the man walking the aisle looking as only he could look and i want to take everything you want away from ya".....

Point is if a sixty year old man can still have that much fun as to come up with a speech like that then lighting up have faith in God and find the will to live and embrace your free will and then take it from there.........
edit on 7-4-2012 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by siriusstarlight

?????????? You KNOW what your soul was meant to do?

Wow... That's comforting.

Is that soul Hindu,Buddism, Catholic,Protestent, Jewish,Prespertarian,Jehovah,or just a shmuck?

I heard shmuck was a new religion.
No seriously.
If you only care about YOUR religion and God's word according to YOU, you can be a shmuck.

The guys depressed, not void of any morals. He already reached the highest level of Donkey Kong. He wants more.

Sheesh. You old timers on ATS are pretty harsh.

He want's goals that will give him a sense of selfsatisfaction that Mario Bros won't.

Great responces.

Metaphorically speaking.

AND? He knows I'm joking around.

He ain't stooopid. He's Bored and scared he's this bored.

He'll be a great contributor to ATS.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
"The purpose of life is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless."
-Immortal Technique

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
What's the point of this illusion?

To love, despite the many challenges. Nothing else matters. Career, money, sports...It's all pointless, but love is the only thing worth living for.

This is how you win the game of life. With all the hate and despair around the world, if you still find yourself able to love unconditionally, you're a freaking hero!

Don't get caught up in the illusion, life is very precious and beautiful. But for you to see this, you've got to love first.

It makes me think about the whole hippy movement and how they truly understood that. They weren't perfect, but now I look at how much this movement is now being ridiculized, and can't help but think the establishment has made it this way.

Listen to these wise words, this song changed my life...permanently.

I would even dare saying truth doesn't matter once you find love within yourself. A bit of an extreme statement, but I do believe that no matter what is the state of our twisted world, love should still be the main objective. Learning about the truth is secondary.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

For past few months, I have lost interest in everything. Every damn thing seems so pointless. Everyone just run around trying to keep themselves involved with illusions to escape reality. There are many threads on this topic all over the web and I read many, but still I am yet to be satisfied with an answer. My existence does not make any difference in this world. So my death too won't make any. We, the product evolution just simply exist. And if we look at the most basic level, we are nothing but a mass of many atoms stacked one upon another held together by a force. Therefore upon my death all my atoms will rearrange and go back within earth.

You may say that I am going through depression but perhaps it maybe that I am loosing my ability to keep myself occupied with illusions. Yes, I still have been trying to just survive and spend my days occupied with video games the whole day. For couple of weeks, it worked but again today I was haunted by the same question. I have cut connection with all my friends and I rarely meet anyone as every single one of them just talk about money/career/other illusions. Three months ago I closed down my business as money no longer interests me. Heck, I don't even like to eat and sleep anymore.

Many say that life is very precious and one should live a healthy life but still what is the point of this survival? Many say that it is actually the lack of love because of which I think like this but love is a very strong illusion and I cannot willingly give myself into it. Many say that life is what we make of it but even if I get myself busy with something, I will start pondering on the very same thing after a few days. I doubt that anyone will have the answer but still I want to hear your views on this.

I can tell you how to fix your apathy on your value of living....do something very dangerous. Trust me on this because I do on occasion and it is only in the face of possible or certain Death that your Survival Instict will snap you out of your current state of not caring if you are alive or not.

If you survive...colors will be brighter...small ordinary things that you take for granted will become Beautiful Treasured Percs....and you will without a doubt....WANT TO LIVE!

This is coming from someone who has been shot. After the initial Anger and Adrenalin Rush...then the Shock and eventual Pain...you will do whatever it takes to stay alive. You will also have a new lease on life and realize what you almost lost.

It is only when you either loose or almost loose something you take for granted that it's preciousness becomes apparent. Food tastes better...looking at the trees or sunset or rise or stars and moon at night...or even the slightest smell or sound become a thing of extreme value. It will change you in ways you right now cannot understand. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I speak for myself when I say 'the PRISON of my mind causes my suffering'

My dead end job, my loveless marriage, and my loneliness are nothing but symptoms of my characters story.

The story I tell myself.

Maybe it's time to CHANGE THE STORY.

easier said than done

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Hey man don't worry about it, I get like that too. I have schizophrenia, I take meds that make me feel like that. The thing that keeps me going is the fact I don't know what happens when I die.

Plus, I try to have a good time when I can. I talk to people, hang out, go somewhere, take a walk, tell people about whats going on in the world...ect

Every little thing counts, I don't think anyone is happy all the time with what they have going on, including the rich. Except for the Rothchilds and the other string pullers, and they may not be happy either, who knows.

If I can enjoy this crap you can too...hahahaha......

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Ok sure the human body is made up of atoms... But the life that you are is much more than that my dear friend. You are so far advanced it's beyond your very own comprehension. You are so much more than just a body, you are a living breathing entity, intelligent and spiritual. I agree with you about being downright bored with everything. That is because you are beyond this physical existence like myself. None of this matters anymore. However, for us to better appreciate the perfections of the vibrational harmonious infinite, we must first experience the imperfections of the illusion. Remember this always, it is you that is the ONLY constant. I personally have grown bored of the physical material plain of exisitence because I know and believe that I am so much more than what the physical realm could produce. I honestly cannot even be wowed at human achievement anymore unless it's my own spiritual achievements.

It's about being happy for me. No material possession will do this. Love makes me happy. Seeing my significant other with a smile on her face brings me joy, even if it is material possession that may put a smile on her face. It is the awakening of other humans which brings me happiness. Love and happiness is all that matters to me anymore.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Life is what you make of it. Maybe you have indulged in everything and can find no interest in new stuff, maybe you have lost too much lately and feel depressed...I don't know, only you do! Self-analysis beats seeing a shrink any day.

Personally I can't find enough hours in a day to accomplish what I want. Always running yet always short! Most people work their ass off for 40-50 years only to lose everything or at best to pass on their knowledge&property to the inheritors after 10-20 years of retirement. I wish we could live to at least 500(or better yet perpetually) to accomplish everything...........

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
check my sig bro

you may even want to get the book

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Damn right it's pointless. That's the bane of Western society. We're all brought up being trained that "WE HAVE A SPECIFIC PURPOSE" or "the point of life is to find the point". Then what happens is two kinds of people are made: Those that go on living a painful existence because they can't find happiness and those that find what they knew would make them happy, got happy for a year, and then they join the first group.

There is no point, OP. Look at children... Do you ever see them worrying about the point of life? YOU are the point of life. To just BE is the point of life. Your realization has brought you suffering but really it should bring you freedom and joy. I suppose the suffering is because everyone around you is on the opposite wavelength. I imagine this will change in due time.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

watch bill hick. life is a ride, enjoy it

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
To the OP, you answered your own question, the one thing that you are missing in this life of illusion is Love. Love is the only thing that's real in the world of Maya. Give in to it and everything will make sense...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

We are here to lean and to experience. You are not what you appear to be. You are looking at flesh and bone this is only a shell to house what you really are. We have to live to the end of our physical existence or our mission may not be accomplished our life’s goals possibly not met. While you are here, you need to get your hands into the physical world end experience and create. Video games may be good for your hand eye coordination but it is a poor excuse for a real life experience. Get out, discover, learn and experience. Do something good for someone else and feel the emotion as the result of your actions. Get involved in something real to occupy your time while your mind ponders your existence. No one can find your path for you. Take your time. I hope that you will soon begin to see a destiny to peruse.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join