It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is pointless

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If you are interested, I can involve you in a project that may ultimately (perhaps) be the most significant effort of the last 2,000+ years on this planet. And all you have to do is be just as skeptical and unwilling to believe that life has any mean whatsoever as you are right now, and try to understand what a specific examination that's been spelled out in a published form is trying to reveal. What I want is the honest appraisal of an average person who isn't devoted to any one ideology or belief system, and I'm willing to give you the material and entertain every question and comment you have concerning the material.

The premise is specifically focused on the precise nature of physical existence and why the human being exists - basically, whether life is, indeed, pointless or not. It's not philosophical or ideological, and it doesn't sell anything at all to anyone. It's just a very detailed presentation of what is real, why it exists, and how we all fit into it.

U2U me if you find this project interesting. This offer isn't being extended to very many people, but you seem to have a unique qualification that I haven't encountered yet, so I am very interested in your point of view as it might relate to this overall effort.

At the very least, it could give you a very important reason to live for the next six months or so. If this project does reveal what I believe it will reveal, then this will be something that you can point to in the end as being a significant reason for your having been born into this world. That much I can promise you if you agree to help out with your time and intellectual effort.

I'll await your U2U response.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The only purpose of life is to reproduce.
Last count 7 bil, we are doing pretty good
or pretty bad depending on how you look at it

I have allways been a "the glass is half full... of posion" kinda guy myself. - Woody Allen
When I feel the way you do I watch Baraka...really loud and on a real big screen. See it in a theater if possiable!

kick it-

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
it is by the purest of luck, that YOU, are alive, NOW.

what you do with your time while alive on this planet is entirely up to you. I prefer to observe it.

you can do anything you want, there is no one to say otherwise, they all have the same freedom you do.

life is the most amazing thing, and ONLY thing you will ever experience in this universe.
I suggest you use it before you die the very pointless death you're afraid of.

edit on 7-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
"You may say that I am going through depression but perhaps it maybe that I am loosing my ability to keep myself occupied with illusions."

loosing = incorrect
losing = correct

maybe = incorrect
may be = correct

Like someone already said, you are looking for answers at the wrong place, and you are likely a teen. The teen years are full of these types of issues, they will pass.

Get a hobby, I have so many hobbies I can't list them all, I don't enjoy video games anymore either, they are the most obvious form of illusion, but I've started a hobby of sculpting items that were in the video game, and will attempt to sell them on ebay.

What was your 'business'? I used to 'hate' money as well, but now I realize it is debt I hate and not money. I do not love money by any means, but it would be nice to pay the bills early and have some comfort in knowing they are already paid up early.

As supposedly evil as money is, if you are not money/rich conscious you are therefore poor/poverty conscious.

Let me give you an example of 2 people that are poverty conscious.

Person #1, found a large sum of money in a storage auction unit they purchased. Took money to authorities, lost all money.

Person #2, received a large sum of money as a tip at their job because of their great job. Took money to authorities, lost all money.

Those 2 people have the same thing in common, they are AFRAID of money, they are poverty/poor conscious and therefore will always be in poverty and will always be poor, and if they ever come across money again they will thinking it is evil find a way to lose it.

Back to the subject of illusion, don't buy into the B.S. of 'everything is an illusion', everything is *NOT* an illusion. Did you ever think to yourself for a second, that some of the "Illusion Claims" are in and of themself Illusions themselves? There are many illusions, even ones claiming everything is an illusion.

I assure you, pain is real, love is real, hate is real, good is real, evil is real, light is real, dark is real. If you have not accessed your 6th sense it is possible you are incapable of knowing of a surety if some of the above are real or not.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by morpheusxxz
For past few months, I have lost interest in everything. Every damn thing seems so pointless. Everyone just run around trying to keep themselves involved with illusions to escape reality. There are many threads on this topic all over the web and I read many, but still I am yet to be satisfied with an answer. My existence does not make any difference in this world. So my death too won't make any. We, the product evolution just simply exist. And if we look at the most basic level, we are nothing but a mass of many atoms stacked one upon another held together by a force. Therefore upon my death all my atoms will rearrange and go back within earth.

I take it you don't have a walk with the Creator God, since you seem only to think you exist because the atoms in your dna are packed the right way. What your saying reminds me of the book of Ecclesiastes, where for the writer, everything under the sun is meaningless.

Lyrics from Phobia:
All my days, I'm turning over

There's a land
The dead has captured
It's no less beautiful
It's a phobia
In this crowded room
The people just stare

Send my soul to lay in a patch of ground

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TC Mike
I take it you don't have a walk with the Creator God, since you seem only to think you exist because the atoms in your dna are packed the right way. What your saying reminds me of the book of Ecclesiastes, where for the writer, everything under the sun is meaningless.

for some of us, the idea of a creator god is rather insulting to the universe.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What then is reality -
Is it found in the worlds distractions - that come in every shape and every gaudy colour with bleeps buzzes and crash bangs of inanimate inane chatter. Glittering and flickering on your TV and video games that entertain you whilst dulling your mind until you forget the bright promise of the child you once were.

What is your soul desires - do you believe you even have a soul.
Do you think the Earth spins aimlessly and you upon it have no reason and there there is no rhyme to life.
If so you have been brainwashed.

I heard it said that that the objective of ungenerous souls who wish to control is to - Make them feel life their life nay all life is worthless, distress them fill their minds with rubbish worry and anxiety till they submit-
Are you going to let them weaken you and treat you so - no better than some caged laboratory animal who has known no other life - never felt the Sun on their face - the scent of Spring in the nostrils - the joy of loving and being loved

Tear up their book of illusions and write your life upon a new blank page in a book that is eternal.
Take the first step on a path of discovery of who you truly are and find why you were born - for all and everything has a purpose.

edit on 7-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
All of this, and no mention of Jeshua?
Ecclesiastes is a good place to learn of the emptyness man has without G-d.

Ecc 1:2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all [is] vanity.

Ecc 1:3 What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?

Ecc 1:4 [One] generation passeth away, and [another] generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

Ecc 1:5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.

Ecc 1:6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.

Ecc 1:7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea [is] not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

Ecc 1:8 All things [are] full of labour; man cannot utter [it]: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.

This is a description of King Solomon's experience before he became a son of G-d. Nothing helped, NOTHING.
It's what I knew before I became a Christian. Everything was pointless and low-level attainment. The best I did was empty right after I did it! I could save someone's life and still feel a little cold inside.
That emptiness is what one must feel to realize that they can't be valuable on their own. People are not the end-all-beat-all, greatest creation in the Universe! Although we like to think so. pfftt
Sin has eaten us up, until we no longer feel anything, not unlike leprosy, which is what Jeshua (Jesus) came to cleanse and forgive! Our sensitive parts, (Ears, Eyes, nose and fingers) are being whittled away, and we become as deaf, dumb and blind men stumbling our way through this world!

To be cleansed is simple. Ask Jeshua (SINCERELY) to FORGIVE your transgressions and ACCEPT Him. Believe in your heart (SINCERELY) and see the power of the Almighty work on you immediately!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
In briefly chatting with The Leftist, I was reminded of Waiting for Godot:

ESTRAGON:
(giving up again). Nothing to be done.
VLADIMIR:
(advancing with short, stiff strides, legs wide apart). I'm beginning to come round to that opinion. All my life I've tried to put it from me, saying Vladimir, be reasonable, you haven't yet tried everything. And I resumed the struggle. (He broods, musing on the struggle. Turning to Estragon.) So there you are again.
ESTRAGON:
Am I?
VLADIMIR:
I'm glad to see you back. I thought you were gone forever.
ESTRAGON:
Me too.
VLADIMIR:
Together again at last! We'll have to celebrate this. But how?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VLADIMIR:
When I think of it . . . all these years . . . but for me . . . where would you be . . . (Decisively.) You'd be nothing more than a little heap of bones at the present minute, no doubt about it.
ESTRAGON:
And what of it?
VLADIMIR:
(gloomily). It's too much for one man. (Pause. Cheerfully.) On the other hand what's the good of losing heart now, that's what I say. We should have thought of it a million years ago, in the nineties.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESTRAGON:
What?
VLADIMIR:
Suppose we repented.
ESTRAGON:
Repented what?
VLADIMIR:
Oh . . . (He reflects.) We wouldn't have to go into the details.
ESTRAGON:
Our being born?
Vladimir breaks into a hearty laugh which he immediately stifles, his hand pressed to his pubis, his face contorted.
VLADIMIR:
One daren't even laugh any more.
ESTRAGON:
Dreadful privation.
VLADIMIR:
Merely smile. (He smiles suddenly from ear to ear, keeps smiling, ceases as suddenly.) It's not the same thing. Nothing to be done. (Pause.) Gogo.
ESTRAGON:
(irritably). What is it?
VLADIMIR:
Did you ever read the Bible?
ESTRAGON:
The Bible . . . (He reflects.) I must have taken a look at it.
VLADIMIR:
Do you remember the Gospels?
ESTRAGON:
I remember the maps of the Holy Land. Coloured they were. Very pretty. The Dead Sea was pale blue. The very look of it made me thirsty. That's where we'll go, I used to say, that's where we'll go for our honeymoon. We'll swim. We'll be happy.
VLADIMIR:
You should have been a poet.
ESTRAGON:
I was. (Gesture towards his rags.) Isn't that obvious?
Silence.
VLADIMIR:
Where was I . . . How's your foot?
ESTRAGON:
Swelling visibly.
VLADIMIR:
Ah yes, the two thieves. Do you remember the story?
ESTRAGON:
No.
VLADIMIR:
Shall I tell it to you?
ESTRAGON:
No.
VLADIMIR:
It'll pass the time. (Pause.) Two thieves, crucified at the same time as our Saviour. One—
ESTRAGON:
Our what?
VLADIMIR:
Our Saviour. Two thieves. One is supposed to have been saved and the other . . . (he searches for the contrary of saved) . . . damned.
ESTRAGON:
Saved from what?
VLADIMIR:
Hell.
ESTRAGON:
I'm going.
He does not move.
VLADIMIR:
And yet . . . (pause) . . . how is it –this is not boring you I hope– how is it that of the four Evangelists only one speaks of a thief being saved. The four of them were there –or thereabouts– and only one speaks of a thief being saved. (Pause.) Come on, Gogo, return the ball, can't you, once in a way?
ESTRAGON:
(with exaggerated enthusiasm). I find this really most extraordinarily interesting.
VLADIMIR:
One out of four. Of the other three, two don't mention any thieves at all and the third says that both of them abused him.
ESTRAGON:
Who?
VLADIMIR:
What?
ESTRAGON:
What's all this about? Abused who?
VLADIMIR:
The Saviour.
ESTRAGON:
Why?
VLADIMIR:
Because he wouldn't save them.
ESTRAGON:
From hell?
VLADIMIR:
Imbecile! From death.
ESTRAGON:
I thought you said hell.
VLADIMIR:
From death, from death.
ESTRAGON:
Well what of it?
VLADIMIR:
Then the two of them must have been damned.
ESTRAGON:
And why not?
VLADIMIR:
But one of the four says that one of the two was saved.
ESTRAGON:
Well? They don't agree and that's all there is to it.
VLADIMIR:
But all four were there. And only one speaks of a thief being saved. Why believe him rather than the others?
ESTRAGON:
Who believes him?
VLADIMIR:
Everybody. It's the only version they know.
ESTRAGON:
People are bloody ignorant apes.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
If you are interested, I can involve you in a project that may ultimately (perhaps) be the most significant effort of the last 2,000+ years on this planet. And all you have to do is be just as skeptical and unwilling to believe that life has any mean whatsoever as you are right now, and try to understand what a specific examination that's been spelled out in a published form is trying to reveal. What I want is the honest appraisal of an average person who isn't devoted to any one ideology or belief system, and I'm willing to give you the material and entertain every question and comment you have concerning the material.

The premise is specifically focused on the precise nature of physical existence and why the human being exists - basically, whether life is, indeed, pointless or not. It's not philosophical or ideological, and it doesn't sell anything at all to anyone. It's just a very detailed presentation of what is real, why it exists, and how we all fit into it.

U2U me if you find this project interesting. This offer isn't being extended to very many people, but you seem to have a unique qualification that I haven't encountered yet, so I am very interested in your point of view as it might relate to this overall effort.

At the very least, it could give you a very important reason to live for the next six months or so. If this project does reveal what I believe it will reveal, then this will be something that you can point to in the end as being a significant reason for your having been born into this world. That much I can promise you if you agree to help out with your time and intellectual effort.

I'll await your U2U response.

Thanks.

IR&RUH:FASNJKL?MS

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Thanks for both of your posts.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Playing video games is not helping you; I do not which games you are playing, but this could be contributing to your state of mind. I think that you you could do some simple things to realize a greater reason for being who you are, alive in this moment in time.
Go through your clothes or household items, find things you do not need nor want and donate to a local charity.
Go do a local animal shelter and donate your time once a week to assist with other creatures.
Get outside and walk twice a week.
Go somewhere you can either watch the sun rise or the sun set, at least once.
Think of somwthing besides yourself for at least 30 minutes every single day.
This is just a small list of things to help YOU figure out your OWN answers to your OWN questions. This is YOUR job, not mine, nor any other ATS'ers.
If you are unable to help yourself, then you need to seek professional advice, catered to you, and we can not give you that here.
My reason for living? I just have fun, I love life, it is a beautiful, mysterious world with so much potential to explore and ponder new questions every day. I love to learn new things. I love to be creative. I love to hear music, it makes me happy. I love the sunshine, I do not mind the rain, and I like the freedom of driving a car. Oh, I can go on and on and on...but you find you. You stop trying to think too much of this is an illusion-the illusion is you-the way you are occupying space and complaining as if you have no control. You created that illusion.
Get up and get at it.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
My personal opinion for a solution to your attitude is = Pharmaceuticals, you know -----DRUGS. The right ones will fix that attitude (stay away from alcohol).

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hmm, I would think part of your problem is that you say you've been playing video games the whole day while looking for meaning for your existence. You won't find it in video games.

Get outside, meet some people, take a class (something spiritual, sounds like you might need some uplifting). It might give you some meaning.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by morpheusxxz
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Thanks for both of your posts.

I suppose the thanks really belongs to that Elizabethean Bard and that grouchy Irish guy who also had a touch of the poet.

No one can possibly ever feel your pain or emptiness, Brother, and yet we are compelled to try.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's not about the destination, it's about the journey. You don't have to have a purpose, but that doesn't mean you cant enjoy the ride. It's a big world out there, why not take a look?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by morpheusxxz

I hear ya, I truely do... BUT, Take a breath -relax, trust that there will something to entice you.. There is so much that this exsistance has to offer. Do be or think dread. If you are failing to find excitement in life on this planet - I say you arnt looking in the right places... Even Myself becomes to what youve said in you O.P. Regardlless expand your horizons!!! We are alive at exactly the most perfect time.....

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

This sounds extremely interesting. An experiment that can actually get to the basics of existence and whether or not we have some holistic purpose? I'm surprised more people didn't respond to your post. Who is that character in the painting with the red suit as your avatar, by the way?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yup... so you have a brain, cool.

I was depressed by the sheer pointlessness of existence and getting tired of pooping, eating, repeat 'till death while watching everyone make a silly mess of this planet by the time I was five...

and then my immediate family, my extended family, my best friends, so-so friends, many acquaintances and even my doggie died in a year and a half time period... then my girlfriend of 15 years walked out... and I lost my job...

Sooo... where was I ... oh yes, I've heard heroin makes it better, the downside being it only works for a couple hours and then stops working (and then poverty, prison and death)...

but , remember, there's always someone way more misrable than you, or at least has more reason to be, so learn to laugh at them and then you'll be ready for the world again!

Simple... oh, puppies work, too.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by morpheusxxz

I understand and agree greatly.

When I get up in the morning for work, my brain screams, "THIS IS NOT HOW HUMANS ARE SUPPOSE TO LIVE!" But yet, I go to work anyways and do the same exact thing I did yesterday. Over and over again.

It's like, please let this 2012 switch in consciousness actually happen. Life on earth, or hell, or whatever this place is, is not fun, it was only fun when I was little. And now that I am actually first starting to see for what it really is, I am disgusted. I want to be human, and I want to live, and I want to thrive. Without mean and judging people all around me, and without fatty foods, and anorexic celebrities.

Its way hard to find a purpose, because everything is so jumbled up and just crazy!
I shouldn't have to worry about buying an 80 dollar sticker to put on my liscence plate so I don't get arrested, or worry about how I'm going to pay the government back, for money they already took away from me! What has this world turned into. We live in a place with trees and little birdies flying around, why can't we enjoy it intead of all this petty s****!!!!!!!!!!

Good thread lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join