It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is pointless

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I understand your struggle.

But for ME.....

I am aware, awake, enlightened.

I also understand your view on the whole illusion principle.

Say your right and it is just an illusion.

You still need to survive in the illusion.

How do you know that this is not your only experience you'll have in this illusion?

I just go through it with an open mind, awake to its existence.

Plus try to have a good time along the way.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by morpheusxxz

2. Exist for a greater reason than yourself
See the need in others lives that you can fill to help you find a purpose - there's so much need, desperation and pain in this world and you and only you can help people from the situation you are uniquely in (because there's nobody else has seen things exactly like you because nobody else has has your unique perspective)
Try to find a purpose through others - don't put as much energy into entertaining yourself or "getting yours" but find a way to leave a legacy
Money is not important...it's really not, it's just a tool - there's so much more that's possible simply from being here in this moment - unfortunately a selfish existence will almost always eventually feel empty...you have to find a way to transcend yourself and become something more

edit on 7-4-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

Thanks for pointing this out. I think I am being kind of selfish here which is making me feel empty.

Originally posted by grubblesnert

"even if I get myself busy with something, I will start pondering on the very same thing after a few days."

Don't we all, It's what make us human and you, me and others of our kind what we are.
Searchers.
Your pity party sounds pretty self-centered, all about you. If you think that your existance has no meaning your wrong, If you think this is it and there's nothing past death I think your wrong about that to.

I commend you for your post
I emplore you to read, ponder and heed the advice which is sure to follow your post.
The discovery is up to you. Take charge.

Peace and have fun on your journey!

You just actually nailed it there. I think it is within us to be searchers and I should keep trying things rather than deciding the conclusion by myself. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have been in a deep depression once. I found life meaningless, exactly like you. I was thinking: I am not afraid of dying anymore, so I hoped to go with one last bang. But then, I discovered that my life became a bang. I was one of the only ones who lived without fear of dying. My depression was in fact my armour, my forteress. I started living with a purpose: Do wathever I like. I still see now myself for who I am : a bunch of stupid atoms, but clumsily led by a fierce fear-of-death less mind, determined to put my mark on this world before I go. Show the World who I am.
I am now living each moments of my life and savouring everything from this great illusion we call World. I savour it, because I know it is only a stupid illusion, so I abuse it, I do what the heck I want with it. I stand up against the Oppression because they want to cage my freedom. My life is limited, so I will live it untill I die or someone decides to kill me. Then, I will never fear death.
After all, my atoms were just ordinary ones, were they?
Knowing that, I am alive and will lead this pile of atom to where I like, when I like.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You will not like my reply. If you cannot be the solution in your own life, be the solution in someone else's. Withdrawing into video games is certainly not the answer.

Was there a precipitating event, prior to landing in this morass?

I would say a good sign is that you are asking questions, it may be that the answers are not coming fast enough for you. Hang on they are on the way. Based on my own experiences I can assure you of that.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by morpheusxxz

Originally posted by Jauk3
But what does it matter. Start having fun, get some nice hobbies. Enjoy the ride.

Sorry but nothing gives me fun anymore or I do not want to give myself into illusions knowing that the same question will come back in my mind after a few days.

I'm sure the problem started when you lost track of the things you value. I'm sure there are things you enjoy, but you seemed to have neglected them and you forgot what they were.
edit on 7-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Fulfillment and meaning in life comes from devotion to something larger than yourself.

Work for a goal you belive in that connects you with something that allows you transcend your role as an isolated individual.

Work for justice. Power to the people, right on!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
if your pondering suicide consider this first:
I have seen more GSWs (gun shot wounds) to the head than I can count. Not all of them resulting in death. Twice the persons looked at me a said something close to this "I really screwed/f*cked up) Yea still talking with, in case of one a .38 bullet in their head the other a 9mm. The other two were just thrashing screaming, moaning and in pain (and probably anguish over what they had just done to themselves). I saw a couple of these people during the different phases of their recovery/life afterward. All of them said to me that they wish thet had never done it. Some of the time it was not easy to understand them but they got the point across.
Suicide: a permenant solution to the condition your feeling at the moment, sometimes with unexpected consequences resulting in the condition of your life afterward being worse than you could have ever imagined.

Something to think about..........

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I gave up on giving up. I wasn't able to off myself and every time I bring it up to someone they say their is something wrong with me. I keep saying you need to wake up, but if you did you would be in the same boat.

I even felt like I was having a heart attack a few times, I just relaxed and said finally, then the pain was gone. Its like super natural powers are keeping me alive for their amusement.

I am not at the point you are at, if I quit my job and moped around people would just bother me and pretend they want me to "get better".

When I bring up the only doctor I want to see, Dr. Kevorkian, they look at me in disgust (well those that remember him). So I just shut up and try not to be bothered.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Feelings such as you express seem to have a long history. Consider the words of William Shakespeare through that maddeningly complex Danish Prince Hamlet:

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action. - Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remember'd.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I recommend reading Ecclesiastes. The point you make is extremely valid and I agree with you. But if you can accept the message in Ecclesiastes than you may find purpose.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If you want to do something fun.. Use my emergency laughter plan.

Walk into a Walmart, go to the gun counter and look really depressed. Then ask them how much just ONE bullet is.

Hell you don't even have to actually do it. Thinking about it usually brightens my day.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I agree. Nice one. Haven't thought about that! Someone should video it.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
First, try dating. If she's willing to deal with your depression, keep her.

Love is a potent drug.

It's one emotion that Aliens resent and respect us for. The ability to love and get rejected in love.

Run up all you credit cards, file Bankrupcy, then fall in love and see if she'll still be with you after your broke.

See how much dough you can Rack Up in Student Loans just for fun. Go for a record 10 years.

Have fun with it.

Rent a convertable in Vegas,drive down the strip and put "win this car if you can sit with me for more then 30minutes without being depressed" on the side of the car. Tell the homeless person to "Get The F out of the car,,it was for hot babes"

Work at Mcdonalds and bob for fries.

Write the guys from South Park and tell them their career was over 15 years ago.
Write Jay Leno and askl him can you get an autograph of his chin?
Write Oprah and tell her your glad Rosie failed but you wish OWN the best of luck because you CARE!
And MEAN IT!
Write Obama and tell him to keep Whitey out of office!

Rat's.... Now I'M depressed.

Which pill are we taking today?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Uh... I think Morpheusxxz is gone. Hopefully not in another dimension.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by niceguybob

Uh... I think Morpheusxxz is gone. Hopefully not in another dimension.

Not yet.
Just reading and thinking over every post. Thank you everyone for your input.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
First, try dating. If she's willing to deal with your depression, keep her.

Love is a potent drug.

It's one emotion that Aliens resent and respect us for. The ability to love and get rejected in love.

Run up all you credit cards, file Bankrupcy, then fall in love and see if she'll still be with you after your broke.

See how much dough you can Rack Up in Student Loans just for fun. Go for a record 10 years.

Have fun with it.

Rent a convertable in Vegas,drive down the strip and put "win this car if you can sit with me for more then 30minutes without being depressed" on the side of the car. Tell the homeless person to "Get The F out of the car,,it was for hot babes"

Work at Mcdonalds and bob for fries.

Write the guys from South Park and tell them their career was over 15 years ago.
Write Jay Leno and askl him can you get an autograph of his chin?
Write Oprah and tell her your glad Rosie failed but you wish OWN the best of luck because you CARE!
And MEAN IT!
Write Obama and tell him to keep Whitey out of office!

Rat's.... Now I'M depressed.

Which pill are we taking today?

THIS IS THE BEST FREAKING ADVICE EVER GIVEN IN THE WHOLE WORLD! and possibly other worlds as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist
Fulfillment and meaning in life comes from devotion to something larger than yourself.

Work for a goal you belive in that connects you with something that allows you transcend your role as an isolated individual.

Work for justice. Power to the people, right on!

This is the type of propaganda they tried to brainwash me with in basic military training.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I believe one's perspective comes from life's experiences, it forms while growing up but not by watching and imitating another's perspective. Acting upon such a perspective can appear phoney, fake or artificial, not genuine. Sure it might appear wise not to try and invent the wheel again and just copy anothers' tried and tested wheels but it's one of the few things everyone has to do for themselves.
edit on 7/4/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
have the exact same feeling and why is it when some1 says this then every1 automaticly thinks suicide?,,,,,i,ve never thot about killing myself and never will cause i wouldn,t do that to my family but yeah i,ve thot what is the point?.......all every1 gets is this life is what u make it and stuff like that, its crap....we,r all living on the fact knowing that it will end so why as soon as some1 says whats the point every1 has to say ur making a diffrence etc? very few make any diffrence and to me we exist for no real reason unless theres something else after we,r gone,seriously do uz all think that ur life is going to be remembered after ur gone say after 200 hundred years?.....course its not unless ur known for doing something significant.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure why I keep finding myself responding to these non-conspiracy threads

Regardless, there has been some good advice given in previous posts as well as some not so good advice (internet isn't really the place to solve your life's problems). I'm not going to try and give you either but rather try to give you reason to pause and ponder what the potential outcome could be if you let your present state continue....sounds like you have lots of free time, so check out this interesting documentary (link below) that focuses on one individual's ending and how it came to be...then ask yourself if this is the faith you wish upon yourself? I'm positive that if you watch it, you won't help but think about your life and it's future in a significant manner.

www.1channel.ch...

Warning - if you are easily brought to tears, either have tissue handy or just read the summary (the summary will shock you in itself)

edit on 7-4-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: add warning

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join