It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is pointless

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by morpheusxxz

Well what if, you could beam your consciousness from your body, to another world, where there was another you there on autopilot, there in case you wanted to go there. And what if, you could go to other places as well, and wherever you went, it seemed like people knew you, even if you could only vaguely remember them?

Let me give you an example. You go to bed, like any other night, and you dream but lately your dreams have been very vivid. Someone told you that if while you were dreaming, you made a conscious effort to look at your hands, and learned to do that, then you would learn how to create reality as you go with your mind, in that lucid dream state. Through that you meet other real people and get in touch with your true self, and THEN get beamed around the galaxy and universe while you sleep to other worlds.

That would be better than any video game wouldn't it.

Well that is the same reality as this one, except its presently not your reality, however it could be attained.

You see there is this thing called cosmic consciousness that people have talked about for eons, and there are methods of achieving it. Shaman-ism etc but a very simple method, is Transcendental Meditation.

There is a real world out there, and in there, and it is more amazing than most people could possibly comprehend. Imagine beaming to post-apocalyptic worlds, where the people look like us, but there are few of them, and they live in fear of some type of weird large all muscle dog monster that is very quick on its feet.
Imagine going through those tunnels for real and hoping against hope you don't meet anything and you don't but it is still so creepy it wouldn't matter much if you did.

What if you found out that consciousness was a signal to the brain, from a conscious computer, and that long ago your ancestors found a way to become immortal, by putting their consciousness into computers. A computer system that spanned the universe, and was billions of years old, and still functioning like new (in most places unfortunately not here)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I find myself with the same struggle every day..Its sad being nearly 20 years old and having zero confidence that the world will go on and that I will have a real chance at living my life the way I am supposed to.

For the past decade I have found my escape to be animals.
If i find any purpose in my life and am able to pursue it, it will be rescuing animals.
So many go through unfair conditions and treatment in their life and the reassurance that I am saving them from potentially slaughter, or abuse, or neglect, is so fulfilling to me, I could live the next 100 years no matter the condition and state of where and how we live today.

Try helping someone or something else. Get a dog, or cat, or anything! A dog gives you a whole new purpose to life and you will likely find yourself head over heels for your new best friend. I could keep talking but I hope this helps

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I see that many people have same "problem". Although I don't think it's a problem, I see it more as a path to solution of the problem. But the problem is that although it's symptom of going in right direction there is an absence of resolution.
Let's put it in another perspective: It's very similar as in video-game. Imagine that after lot of effort you managed to finish a level you are on. Great! But there's a problem: next level doesn't start! Now what? You are going back trying to see if there is something you have missed at this level but you don't find anything. You are wondering around and everything seems so boring and empty and pointless... So what is the solution? There is no solution. There seems to be a bug in the game and you are stuck with it!

Or maybe the last lesson is PATIENCE. Maybe there is nothing else to do but to wait. Maybe it takes lot of time to load next level. Or maybe this is a collective game so it doesn't matter if you reached finish line unless everybody else or at least majority of players in your team reach it too. If they don't than you die waiting... Who cares. Life is a bitch...
Or maybe you can hack the game. I don't know how but I'm sure it's possible. I wish I could find cheating codes. I've been searching for some time... Who knows, maybe I get lucky....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Go adopt a puppy from a shelter, save its life and watch it grow into a big healthy dog
I think you're just caught up in the illusion that life is nothing more than paying bills and fitting into the status quo.

I hate to be cliche here, but life truly is what you make out of it. Have you ever gone out into a desert or state park at night and just looked up at the night sky? It's a sight that you never forget, it makes you feel so insignificant but at the same time it makes you feel glad to be alive to be able to witness sights like that.

You and me are as much a part of the universe as the sun or the most violent supernova.
edit on 4/8/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that its been a bit ruff on you, if you find day to day commodities so useless live by your will for it is a decree to live in general of hatred of existence. "live for everything, die for nothing" and be set free by your own will...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yeah skydiving has to be awesome. Like angel fall or something.
For me one of the best places for contemplating about what's an ilusion and getting rid of such moods is under a cold shower. Take your time. It's better than fresh air. And fasting is good too.
There's a strong need for a trek sometimes. Few weeks alone in nature. Just you and your meditation pillow. Well and a tant and all survival stuff to feel comfortable. Just don't seek any enlightenment - it can ruin the whole trip.
Cold water, hot Sun and freediving is my way right now, OP's mood could be just a start of something better. Seeing things with better eyes. I remember I was like that and read a book about zen-masters' lives. I cried laughing seeing I'm not the first.
Again - life sux but this mood is an ilusion. Actually self-pity is an addictive drug.

Check this:

edit on 8/4/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: A SUPER VID ADDED

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I often feel on every other day a lack of passion for life and complete apathy towards everything surrounding me. Life sometimes seems like a sick joke, a cruel game, you feel someone, or something out there is looking at you and grinning at the inevitable pain life puts you through. The sadness one must endure on a daily monthly and yearly basis, to love and be loved and to lose that love, to experience birth and then the awaiting death of everything and all loved ones, sometimes is hard to understand, you ask yourself...what is the reason of this existance? Why?

But life has many joys aswell, and if we can try with all our will to smile within ourselves and allow the happy moments of life overpower the endless pain, we will have achieved a great deal. We can only sit and wonder on the endless reasons we came about this existance, but sometimes living in a complete and utter mystery and absurd situation is so compelling you feel you owe it to your life to live this game, this trial, with every bone in our body and fight for ourselves and who we love until the day we inevitably do perish and allow another to take our place. Life is a sad cruel game, but it is also a mysterious and beautiful one

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Life is what you make of it.

No real biggie here other than manic depression so you may need Zoloft or any number of drug cocktails available by request from your physician...

or....

You may just need to start living life on your terms and get out and get some fresh air, sunshine and exercise.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Spend some of your free time helping animals. Talk about a value and giving self worth... This will give you a purpose and a sense of value. I would guess to you this sounds like a joke but I wthink you would be surprised. Life the way most the people live it is pretty pointless, it's just carrying on the human race. I don't know, good luck.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Or listen to some supernatural spiritual music...like here: www.radiosrichinmoy.org...
Or this when it's Easter.
www.radiosrichinmoy.org...
It can throw me up like nothing. Singing it.
Come on, say something.

(Zoloft - LOL)
edit on 8/4/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I had to log in to post this (obviously)
but i had to say

life may be pointless, it may be meaningless, people may seek illusions to avoid reality

but it is the fact life is meaningless that allows it to procure whatever shape and form possible

it is like a vortex of meaning that can be understood as just about anything while also nothing

I've been where you are now, I have been very down and for a very long time
but life happens in waves, it is what you make out of it and things will get better

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Point of life is to be happy - of course it's pointless when you:
- Are not currently happy
- Don't hope you will ever be

Survival is just one consequence of having something to live for, it's not point of life

For being depressed, don't blame things you thought you wanted - blame the fact that you don't know what you want. If you think you do know what you want, well think good because you've already been extremely wrong before...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Life can seem pointless at times, buts it's not it's everything you have ever known or will know. It is a gift , it is a present, it can be bittersweet and sometimes things can be bad luck or go through bad times. You shouldn't take things for granted. Illusions and things not being what they seem or if you're talking about Trancendence through matrix or 2012 or a spiritual journey or whatever being the case, you should keep your head up and just get through it. A lot of people feel down at times or hopeless or have issues with things , you can work through it and come out on the other side stronger. Remember what is important, truly important.
edit on 8-4-2012 by BladeRunner5050 because: Evil little monsters on me and I can't shake them off

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Hmmm people aren't suppose to need other people?

And your take is people are suppose to compliment and enhance other's lives, guess what? that is still a need being met.You also claim that in order to "feel this" one must know who they are, well I respectfully disagree because not many people know who "they are".And that fact that your posting here on ATS and seeking responses, means that your a needy social person as well.

The 'unhealthy need' I speak of is an addiction to people. As in, I need to control you. I need to dominate you. I need to make you see how helpless I am, therefore you would feel a great guilt if you ever left me, so I have trapped you.

Yes, I need people, too, but around ten minutes a day. I come to ATS because I WANT to, not NEED to. These forums can't really be called socializing because you can't infect me. You can't 'Take away' anything from me. If you bothered me, I could just shut you off, not like in the real world where you might become committed to sick relationships and friendships.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Don´t feel bad dude, I know life in this place sucks, but just think that it is bound to end someday (I am NOT sugesting you should end your life). Just think, it does not matter if there is a heaven or another life, or even nothing, the good thing is that one day IT WILL BE OVER, and you don´t have to be you anymore. (Try to do something funny while you wait
)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Aw, and by the way YES love is a really powerful ilussion, that´s one of the funny things you can do while you wait

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by morpheusxxz

Originally posted by Jauk3
But what does it matter. Start having fun, get some nice hobbies. Enjoy the ride.

Sorry but nothing gives me fun anymore or I do not want to give myself into illusions knowing that the same question will come back in my mind after a few days.

I have always found that god provided the required indulgences to find life interesting again, maybe you should study botany.
He was so clever he made medicines for people who don't even realise they need medicine.
edit on 8-4-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
what if there is no heaven or hell nor after life???

what if Near Death Experiences are just lucid dreams and nothing more? What if it's just birth and death?

that would be a terrible reality and it would shatter many beliefs. but that's what i think it's true. when you die you die and decompose and that's it.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

how would you guys react and live your lives if someone today or tomorrow proved that afterlife is just a myth?
edit on 8-4-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

It will be a very good thing because it would reveal every person's character. People refrain from doing evil things just because they are afraid of the hell and not because they do not want to be evil. In my opinion, a good person doesn't needs the fear of hell or incentives of heaven to be good & helpful to his fellow mates.

I completely agree with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hr2burn
Spend some of your free time helping animals. Talk about a value and giving self worth... This will give you a purpose and a sense of value. I would guess to you this sounds like a joke but I wthink you would be surprised. Life the way most the people live it is pretty pointless, it's just carrying on the human race. I don't know, good luck.

I keep seeing this advice being offered. Tell me, why is it so easy for someone to give joy to a dumb animal, yet so hard to give joy to oneself? Why is a dog more worthy than you? To care for animals as a means to bandage that part of yourself that seems to be missing is only a quick fix. You can feel better by doing this, but you'd be deluding yourself. The dog runs away, or dies, and the emptiness comes back, meaning that you've wasted that many years running away from the problem instead of fixing it. People fill that flaw with alcohol, drugs, gambling, obsessing over their children or pets... Some addictions might seem more acceptable than others, but they are still a symptom, a cover up of the problem of the self.

A mother once wrote: "I devoted 18 years of my life to raising my two daughters, and it's taken them over 20 years to get over it. "

We see mothers living vicariously through their little children by entering them in beauty pageants. We know of men that don't feel like real men if they can't sleep with many different women.

These people have a missing piece inside of them that only they can find. To interact with others without that piece is to merely keep on running from we consider our inadequacies.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Everyone just run around trying to keep themselves involved with illusions to escape reality.

This may come as a shock to you but there is a religion with hundreds of millions of adherants who share your opinion. Buddhism.

If you took a look at that religion, you might find that what they do, cultivating awareness, changes your perspective on life in wonderful ways.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join