It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is pointless

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by morpheusxxz
we are nothing but a mass of many atoms stacked one upon another held together by a force. Therefore upon my death all my atoms will rearrange and go back within earth.

we are more then just atoms, before the atoms comes the spirit, and your feelings

Originally posted by morpheusxxz
I think like this but love is a very strong illusion

Sorry but you are wrong, love its not a illusion, because you can feel it in you, I bet you've felt love, nor has it been a single time in your life

and one more thing:

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find something to die for´."
- Tupac Shakur

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
As long as you indulge your apathy, it will consume you, and it's only one of many 'real' experiences available out there that you can explore. I will tell you this though, ATS is not the place to be if you seek to get out of this cycle of depression, as there are far too many mal-contents roaming the threads here. Theirs is a life of negativity. I'd suggest getting away for a while, shut off your 'cell' if you have one, put it in your pocket and abandon the internet for a while. Get away, and travel to a destination that includes quite a bit of time outdoors in a forest or desert or whatever National forest is available in the area you are. Northwest? Southwest? northeast? southeast? I suggest you take a trip towards four corners, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and camp outside in nature if you can, see what surrounds you, the like minded people you will encounter, even if their likemindedness is between them selves. You needn't become same minded as them, but observe and be yourself, just be an entity of your own creation. The experiance will define the wold around you. I would bet you'd make a connection, that would be a 'moment in time' that you alone would encounter, a time with a spiritual meaning, an epiphany of sorts, an awakening to your own existence in time and your place of intent or action. At a point like that, 'and it will manifest' you will begin to see where your place is, and what contributions or experiances you will be part of. The collective that you are part of, that you make a difference in. the Nature around you. And he harmony which you are part of. I think your perception of harmony has been abandoned, for what ever reason....Apathy, disapointment, loss or pure boredom.

I'm sure you will get the usual rants here, but they are part of the problem, their negativity is toxic. There on the other hand will be a couple suggesting as I do, that you change your surroundings and seek a higher frequency of existence. A meaningful moment, even if only one of observation of that that is around you, the harmony from which you can tap and replenish your diminished 'power', where you can meditate the exquiset magnificence around you. There you can absorb and re-route your 'intention' towards something of value in the 'Cosmos' I'm not talking all new age feathers and candles, mystic and guru stuff, but instead your own self there to absorb the awakening there for the taking. ................just a thought. Life at least provides the time to seek these things, where depression is only good to wait for an end. Don't fall for the negativity, set yourself a quest, a roadtrip, alone or with a friend. Share the experiances and 'events' you will come across in your journey. Journey now, or make your plan now and impliment it, get out and Go... "Gone beyond, gone beyond beyond, hail the traveler.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by morpheusxxz

The only reason I'm alive is to set an example for others. Then, life gets meaningful.

We are parts of a ladder. If you break, others will fall.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i'm with the op here

i lost my dad 2 months ago he died in front of me with a heart attack and since that day i dont see life as i did before.i just want the days to pass rapidly or that i die sooner than later because i dont see a point in life. for me life is just that waiting for the day when my time comes cuz we are all going to die anyway.

Maybe this is some kind of sims or matrix game and we are the main characters in the game
edit on 8-4-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
Your bored of the simulation? How is that possible we created everything
needed to keep people occupied and to not find out that they are in a
computer generated environment. Is it not enough that we are able to give
you a all you want simulation in your sleep? (Dreams).

Do the things that you have never wanted to do then. Best medicine for a
pointless life is to be out of normal. a.k.a insane. Do what's not expected for
a change and you will enjoy life once more. Don't go killing people though!

Right! We still have to follow and obey the laws. Don't ever forget that!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

My advice before you give up completely or at least decide that this illusion is not working - go find a local charity, homeless shelter or go meet some family/friends you haven't seen for a very long time.

Talk to people less fortunate than yourself, smile at someone (even a smile is charity) or just meet people you haven't seen for a long time.

Trust me this is the best cure for any kind of tough time you are going through.

Who knows it could be what you are looking for, helping others could help you in the process.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
*Advice from the spiritual*

You could always take your own life, meet the light beings on the other side, go back to the creator of all, be in total awareness, love and bliss.. then carefully choose your next reincarnation (which can be whatever you want)

You chose to come to this planet, it was an agreement, not an accident. Your reality is what you make of it my friend, and Im very tired of hearing all this "Life is crap, I want to die, There is no point being here" ... You can always take the easy way my friend. The after life is nothing like Religions puts it.. it is pure bliss depending on your vibration. We are all connected, and I know this is a hard concept to understand when we dont see Angels, ETs, Light beings and miracles everday... but Earth is a planet of Free Will, there is no intervening aloud here.
Your life is Free Will, you choose to do what you want, with that you have what you do presently. Your thoughts are energy, they create (a very slow process of course) .. but the point is you can do or have what you want. Some things are much more difficult and take much more time, but you are and have what you do, because that is what you have done.

You dont like it here, tell everyone good bye and leave ? "Death" is over dramatized in human society.. why fear something you cant control ? Your going to die either way, if you are unhappy and everything is pointless, then jsut go now and watch from above ? Its simple. Stop complaining and open your heart and mind

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Sadly, I'm pretty much in exactly the same situation as you. I've got a fair amount of friends, but they don't interest me, as in: their interests are not mine. For that matter, I don't have any interests, hobbies or goals.

I think since I was 14-15, I've started to question why I was alive. (Not in the philosofical sense) I noticed that alot of my friends enjoyed hanging out with eachother and going to parties, and being a teenager I just went along. However, I've never stopped feeling that I don't belong in this world, to put it very cheesy.

Right now, I'm in my 20's and I'm still lacking lust for life. My only hobby would have to be videogames, but I can honestly say I only game because sitting around staring at a blank wall would be the only other option. I don't concider myself suicidal, yet I wouldn't mind not waking up the next morning. I'm just tired of life, I feel I had a good run. I've had some good experience, some bad ones, and altough I'm young, I don't feel that the next 5, 10, 20 or even 50 years are worth sticking around for. I don't feel like working (altough I'm still in college, concidering dropping out), I don't feel like studying and I don't feel like being a burden to society.

For me, the only 2 things I would love to see would be wether or not the intire 2012 hoax is real or not (I'll find out soon enough) and the distant future. (Like 100, 200 to 500 years in the future) Since the latter seems out of reach, I don't think I'll stick around much longer than 2013, altough you never know. (Perhaps if Aubrey de Grey pulls through, I might see that happening, but it's a far stretch...)

Anyways, just letting you know I know how you feel. I think some people are just born too passive. Not really suicidal, but no thirst for life either. And today's society just doesn't feel worth living in, especially not being a burden to it. Keep it up I gues. Do whatever it is what you want to do. Life has it's perks, make sure you don't regret not doing something when your time comes.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30

i lost my dad 2 months ago he died in front of me with a heart attack and since that day i dont see life as i did before.i just want the days to pass rapidly or that i die sooner than later because i dont see a point in life. for me life is just that waiting for the day when my time comes cuz we are all going to die anyway.

Picollo,

I'm truly sorry for your loss and I know exactly how you feel.

And it's true we are all going to die someday but....

I want you to think about something.

Would your father have wanted you to lead a miserable and sad life, or would he have wanted you to remember the loving, caring, wonderful times and everything he taught you, then pass all that beauty on to those that are still here?

If it's the latter of the two, then focus on someone close to you that you can share your wisdom with.

edit on 8-4-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Natural reaction, we all come to this conclusion early in the fact gathering process. The best thing you can do is be aware of current events but don't let it run your life. If you believe in bad guys, then stop consuming the news. It was designed by them to give you a feeling of hopelessness. You don't want to be their pawn do you? Good. Then stay away from news/computers/tvs for awhile and enjoy life. You can only be influenced if you allow them in.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

You are defeating yourself before you even take a chance.
I'm guessing that you are a teenager. It's just a phase.

Yes, all teenagers have businesses.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I've had a similar phase in my life a few years ago. You are right on your point of view and I understand. Because there's no meaning to the world we're living in, if you see it the way you see it. I believe it is us that make life meaningful. It's kind of illusive but, this does not mean that there is not a real purpose to this life. Maybe the purpose is to not give up and keep on trying to figure it out until the very end.

Please do not consider doing anything that would harm you. Do not be selfish and think of others around you who love you too.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
"Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo, the trick is to ride and make it to the bell". - John Fogerty
This is how to live life in the most simplistic way.

The only biological reason we're is to pass on our DNA to ensure continuation of the species, like any other animal. Of course we as humans are seperated from the animals due to our conscience and free will. Notice I didn't use the word "intelligence" as I have encountered some animals that are more intelligent than some humans I've encountered. The key to being human is to help your fellow man and not screw anyone over. There is such a thing a thing as karma and reincarnation and we pass through many life cycles until we get "it" right.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Let me say this; if you continue to look for physical answers in the same physical world that has let you down, you are neurotic and it's not going to happen. True contentment comes from within, not without. Any relief you get from the external world will all be temporary. I have been where you are at but now I truly see the world differently. I have witnessed miracles that have truly changed me.

I would agree with this; if you truly believe that everything is random and nothing has a purpose and it's all a BS illusion, then absolutely, life is pointless. It's like sitting through an extremely long movie with highs and lows and once it's over, it's over. Much like spendaholics only get temporary relief by buying something nice, you will only get temporary relief from anything in the physical world. You can take that to mean whatever you like.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by axslinger

Originally posted by GmoS719

You are defeating yourself before you even take a chance.
I'm guessing that you are a teenager. It's just a phase.

Yes, all teenagers have businesses.

I wouldn't call it a phase that is common as I have not yet met any teenager in physical reality who has similar thoughts. And I just didn't jump into this mindset from nowhere. It took me almost three years (I am nineteen) after I diverted myself from a pre-designed mainstream slave life to this point. A few people asked about the business and why I quit it, here it is in short. When I was 16, my father was in debt and I discovered that I could earn money online and help him pay it off. So I started working hard at it and was successful. Then I started pondering that I do not need my school to make me capable of earning money and I learned that self-education is far better than the school which just teaches you just enough to become a perfect slave in the industry (but I didn't quit school, I did both together). The loan was paid off and I had a chain of websites which made me good money. But the greed started pouring in and eventually I started helping bad guys and lost my health working 12-16 hours a day in pursuit of earning more and more. Then about six months ago I discovered ATS and learned how this world is ran by greedy corporates and how I am too turning into one of their slave. I suddenly developed deep hatred towards money because it was turning me into an evil monster. I kept reading ATS for long, watching documentaries and understood that just like the corporate system/world we live in, money is yet another form of control. Today, most people just want to get fame and money. They want to be known and praised. They want a big house, good bank balance and most importantly a secure future and "money" is what they need for all these. But since I lost my lust for money I needed something else. Thus after learning about these system of control, I ponder what is real.

I have not given up yet and many of the posts in this thread made me realize that if life is pointless then why take it too seriously and not go all crazy and do stuff, discover things and devote my time to help others. And still my search goes on...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Iv felt the same for a few years now. the hollow conversations with people that don't go any-ware, the daily grind where every day begins to blend into the next. the endless pile of expectations and responsibility. religion, politics and blah, blah, blah. This is just my opinion but I believe that maybe there's just a lack of danger and adventure in alot of peoples lives(including mine).

Some times i say to myself if only I was born in a different time period when the world was a much larger place and still filled with mystery. if only there was some kind of frontier.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The whole meaning of life is to exist. Embrace your humanity and do something. You're lucky you're human and not a bacteria.

Ride a roller coaster, get drunk off your ass, have sex, run a marathon, go trick or treating in July, I don't care what you do but the whole point to life is to distract yourself. Otherwise, you're not living and could very well be dead on the inside. Don't do that.

No, I am not one of those teenage girls who only sees the light in life. Life is pretty meaningless but it's bett than nothing. Embrace what you have before you're a barnacle.
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Your wisdom surpasses the years that have passed you, friend. You should feel very fortunate that you have accumulated such knowledge about life at such a young age. The question is, what will you do with this knowledge you possess? Willow away in misery and dissatisfaction, always yearning for something. Or take charge of your life and start to do things that bring you enjoyment and happiness? Escape from reality will only delay this decision.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

What arent you doing. that you want to do. that you -cant- do.. or -wont- do.. or will never do.

if theres something in the last three thats good. or something you feel is yours to accomplish this is the cause of the apathy.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
*Advice from the spiritual*

You could always take your own life, meet the light beings on the other side, go back to the creator of all, be in total awareness, love and bliss.. then carefully choose your next reincarnation (which can be whatever you want)

You chose to come to this planet, it was an agreement, not an accident. Your reality is what you make of it my friend, and Im very tired of hearing all this "Life is crap, I want to die, There is no point being here" ... You can always take the easy way my friend. The after life is nothing like Religions puts it.. it is pure bliss depending on your vibration. We are all connected, and I know this is a hard concept to understand when we dont see Angels, ETs, Light beings and miracles everday... but Earth is a planet of Free Will, there is no intervening aloud here.
Your life is Free Will, you choose to do what you want, with that you have what you do presently. Your thoughts are energy, they create (a very slow process of course) .. but the point is you can do or have what you want. Some things are much more difficult and take much more time, but you are and have what you do, because that is what you have done.

You dont like it here, tell everyone good bye and leave ? "Death" is over dramatized in human society.. why fear something you cant control ? Your going to die either way, if you are unhappy and everything is pointless, then jsut go now and watch from above ? Its simple. Stop complaining and open your heart and mind

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join