It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is pointless

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
For past few months, I have lost interest in everything. Every damn thing seems so pointless. Everyone just run around trying to keep themselves involved with illusions to escape reality. There are many threads on this topic all over the web and I read many, but still I am yet to be satisfied with an answer. My existence does not make any difference in this world. So my death too won't make any. We, the product evolution just simply exist. And if we look at the most basic level, we are nothing but a mass of many atoms stacked one upon another held together by a force. Therefore upon my death all my atoms will rearrange and go back within earth.

You may say that I am going through depression but perhaps it maybe that I am loosing my ability to keep myself occupied with illusions. Yes, I still have been trying to just survive and spend my days occupied with video games the whole day. For couple of weeks, it worked but again today I was haunted by the same question. I have cut connection with all my friends and I rarely meet anyone as every single one of them just talk about money/career/other illusions. Three months ago I closed down my business as money no longer interests me. Heck, I don't even like to eat and sleep anymore.

Many say that life is very precious and one should live a healthy life but still what is the point of this survival? Many say that it is actually the lack of love because of which I think like this but love is a very strong illusion and I cannot willingly give myself into it. Many say that life is what we make of it but even if I get myself busy with something, I will start pondering on the very same thing after a few days. I doubt that anyone will have the answer but still I want to hear your views on this.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
But what does it matter. Start having fun, get some nice hobbies. Enjoy the ride.
it won't help to keep thinking about it, just accept it.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The fact that you are relying on answers to come from ATS means you have a problem.
OR you are looking for attention. Either way it means something is wrong.
I suggest looking for answers someplace else besides the internet.
WE obviously can't give you a reason for existence, you have to find that out on your own.
Like everyone else.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There is a saying that goes:

If you have a problem, take a pill.
If you have 2 problems, take 2 pills.
If you have a LOT of problems, Take the whole bottle of pills.

Now, Pull yourself up by your boot straps. Take a deep breath(or 2)and......

Find something that you can put all of your energy into and Make A POSITIVE Change in your life.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Sleep is the best way to temporarily leave being bothered with the world.

Why do you not like sleep exactly?

I like sleep because I like to not be bothered with the world that is a form of hell to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by morpheusxxz

Aye aye, Captain.
I see sadness all around me. I see death all 'round me. The Darkness, from those secret illuminati government, closing in.
I am too made of nothing but atoms. But what will distinguish me, give something special about my ''nothing but atoms''? Will. While darkness is closing, I smile at it, and laugh at it, and shine in it. If darkness close upon this Earth, than I'll dance in its shadow.
I think life is a element, just like water or fire. It flow on Earth, eroding lanscape or sculpting masterpieces.
My light, my will, will never dim. I have been depressed once, then I got depressed of being depressed. Now, nothing can stop my soul from reaching my goals. My body is made of nothing but atoms. But my soul... that what makes these atom a difference.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
But what does it matter. Start having fun, get some nice hobbies. Enjoy the ride.

Sorry but nothing gives me fun anymore or I do not want to give myself into illusions knowing that the same question will come back in my mind after a few days.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You are defeating yourself before you even take a chance.
I'm guessing that you are a teenager. It's just a phase.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Why does it matter if life is pointless or not? People survive because if feels better to have the experience of life than not to have it at all. Also, pleasures such as cars and money, feels good to have. It doesn't matter if there is a point or not, it feels good, and pain and suffering and not surviving feels bad.

The pleasures feel good even if they are illusions.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

if you give up, you lose. whether or not there is a god or a purpose for humanity or even if you are sick and tired of trying to see through the illusions we are faced with every day, you can't just give up. you've got a chance now to do something, anything. no one is truly alone. i can't say that if you just snuff out that you will regret it, but is that a chance you're willing to take? if life is pointless, why not do some incredible things just to have done them? sounds like depression to me, and i really can't blame you for that. but LIFE IS TEMPORARY. maybe we get reincarnated, maybe we go back to the source, maybe there's nothing after death, maybe you go to hell. whatever happens after this, i think you should soak up the sunshine, smell some flowers, check out some boobs, ride a roller coaster, do something. don't just sit there and think "this is pointless" because even if it is, you're privileged enough to be here, to be able to feel something, to participate.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Your Atoms, the ones now arranged in the form they are, that is you. Are unique unto themselves. Should you decide to deconstruct those atoms, before they accomplish the task they were arranged for in the first place....would be sad.

It would effect every atom around you. Even though you claim it would make no difference, it would.

I have a very small challenge for you. Won't take any longer than you playing a video game.

Would you please walk outside to the nearest place where grass, weeds, whatever is growing. And mark off a small area, maybe 4 inches by 4 inches. Now, carefully count every blade of grass or whatever stalk is growing in that small patch, come back and tell many how many it was.

For someone who sees no point in life, it should not be that big a favor to grant. I'll be waiting for your answer.

Des

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
The fact that you are relying on answers to come from ATS means you have a problem.
OR you are looking for attention. Either way it means something is wrong.
I suggest looking for answers someplace else besides the internet.
WE obviously can't give you a reason for existence, you have to find that out on your own.
Like everyone else.

As I mentioned in OP, I do not expect an answer here but I am here to find how people look at life, just to get more perspectives. And it maybe that I am unknowingly looking for attention but let alone this ATS account, I do not care about my physical self.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Your life is not meaningless. You just haven't found what the meaning of your life is yet. There are things that matter - you are just seeing past the things that don't.

This is your only chance to learn the truths that hide behind the illusions. It takes a strong will and work to dig deep enough to find those truths. I can't tell you what they are but behind it all there is a reason for your existence.

Not to get too metaphysical on you but I find a good way to break the feeling of disorientation that many people call depression is to try and work on your energy and mental state.

Two very important things in life are:

1. Never stop learning - I'm not talking about book knowledge either although that can keep you occupied and open whole new worlds to you that you didn't previously see (which can be interesting)
I'm specifically talking about learning about yourself - why you feel a certain way and how you can take control of your mental state
It's about developing an offensive mindset (that you are in control of your own destiny) vs a defensive one (that someone else controls you)

2. Exist for a greater reason than yourself
See the need in others lives that you can fill to help you find a purpose - there's so much need, desperation and pain in this world and you and only you can help people from the situation you are uniquely in (because there's nobody else has seen things exactly like you because nobody else has has your unique perspective)
Try to find a purpose through others - don't put as much energy into entertaining yourself or "getting yours" but find a way to leave a legacy
Money is not important...it's really not, it's just a tool - there's so much more that's possible simply from being here in this moment - unfortunately a selfish existence will almost always eventually feel empty...you have to find a way to transcend yourself and become something more

edit on 7-4-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Go live in the wild. Live away from society. Try to make it with no electricity, internet, etc. Try that for a while and then decide what you want from life. My guess is you wont try these things. So you still care a lot.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Sleep is the best way to temporarily leave being bothered with the world.

Why do you not like sleep exactly?

I like sleep because I like to not be bothered with the world that is a form of hell to me.

Knowing that the sleep is temporary and I will have to get back awake in this hell is what bothers me. But I think I will try finding the answer a bit more before going to the permanent one.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

"even if I get myself busy with something, I will start pondering on the very same thing after a few days."

Don't we all, It's what make us human and you, me and others of our kind what we are.
Searchers.
Your pity party sounds pretty self-centered, all about you. If you think that your existance has no meaning your wrong, If you think this is it and there's nothing past death I think your wrong about that to.

I commend you for your post
I emplore you to read, ponder and heed the advice which is sure to follow your post.
The discovery is up to you. Take charge.

Peace and have fun on your journey!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski
Go live in the wild. Live away from society. Try to make it with no electricity, internet, etc. Try that for a while and then decide what you want from life. My guess is you wont try these things. So you still care a lot.

Dang! now that's a challenge
goes to show there is plenty in this world left to experience.
I will add, if nothing else get away from the video games and just go outside!
edit on 7-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If having fun to you is simply an illusion, I think we have found your problem.

I feel terribly sorry for anyone who cannot find a measure of joy or happiness in this world. To me, my wife, kids and life are rewards enough. I love to travel the world and am an avid snowboarder. Nothing more exhilarating than flying down a mountain with a board strapped to my feet!

Yeah, I feel sorry for you. Even the illusory aspects are fun for me. I love losing myself in a virtual world at times to escape, computer gaming can be very liberating for me. If I am nothing at all after I die, all the more reason to have fun NOW.

edit on 7-4-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I once had similar thoughts. Things fell into place. Upon the arrival of my first child, my purpose was clear. Whether it is interpreted as simple procreation and continuing the existence of humans, or not...

My purpose was to protect, love, shape and support. Why? So they could do the same eventually? You bet.

My entire existence was rocked to the foundation of my question"Why am I here?".

For me that was enough.

For you, maybe not. Might I suggest a musical instrument, something that completely alters your ability to share your feelings....but provides you with an alternate means. This may hold an interest, further than "video games" would.

...I dunno.. Hope you figure your atoms out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join