It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Affects of the Earths wobble?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The reason why I bring this subject up is because of all the earthquake and odd weather patterns we have been experiencing lately.Not knowing to much on the relation of tectonic plate movements and weather to this wobble,I was thinking maybe our wobble has changed.

As the Earth travels around the sun, it does not hold steady in its orbit. Instead, the Earth wobbles a bit on its axis as it makes its annual trip around the sun. The wobble of the planet is caused by the effects of varying gravity from the sun and the other planets in orbit around the sun. This wobble creates variations in the typical weather patterns that exhibit on the surface of the planet. The Earth's wobble cycles about every 23,000 years. Read more: What Are the Cyclical Changes in the Earth's Orbit Causing Global Warming? | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

Here is the source of quoteWhat Are the Cyclical Changes in the Earth's Orbit Causing Global Warming?

Now I am not one to compile huge threads so I'll leave it to all the great minds here to pick away at with personal opinions and logical explanations
....so have at it if you will and happy Easter too

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 7/4/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The Interstellar Gas Cloud is a good candidate...

From NASA:

The fact that the Fluff is strongly magnetized means that other clouds in the galactic neighborhood could be, too. Eventually, the solar system will run into some of them, and their strong magnetic fields could compress the heliosphere even more than it is compressed now. Additional compression could allow more cosmic rays to reach the inner solar system, possibly affecting terrestrial climate and the ability of astronauts to travel safely through space. On the other hand, astronauts wouldn't have to travel so far because interstellar space would be closer than ever. These events would play out on time scales of tens to hundreds of thousands of years, which is how long it takes for the solar system to move from one cloud to the next.

Source

And another less "reliable" site...

oilprice.com...

Either way, it's all connected.

I find it interesting, as underlined above, that both of those events are occurring - our astronauts aren't going into space like they were, AND our climate seems to be changing. (as are other planet's climates) Plus, I can't find any mention about the current cloud we are in and passing through, but it explains things on a much greater scale than global warming does.

~Namaste
edit on 7-4-2012 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Sorry fellow wobbler's,had to go buy kites for the kids....not to much discussion on the matter eh.I thought some more about the last few big quakes and how the axis was thrown off a little.....I don't know what to believe these days about outside information.Maybe there is a binary invisable dark matter pulling,and swinging around are swing around....this ort cloud is very interesting for more discussion I must admit.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

I think the reason not many people want to respond is because they aren't sure how to?

In my opinion, if the Earth's wobble had changed, there would be more alignment with that theory from the astronomical side of science due to stars not lining up and planets being a bit off from their positions in the sky.

I say it's all connected because people forget that the Earth moves at 30K miles per hour, as the solar system moves 450K miles per hour and the milky way moves 1.2M miles per hour, so we are damn lucky that we're still here and we need to stop thinking so "locally" about things like earth quakes and climate change.

We are connected to the Moon, the Sun, the galaxy... we are the part of a whole, so if it's (the whole) affected, we are affected. If you think about it, a 5 mile wide piece of rock standing still isn't moving towards us at thousands of miles per hour... we're moving towards IT.

That's how I have to think about things to understand how we're affected. A wobble? Perhaps... but I think there are much bigger things than that happening.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I think the Fukushima earthquake changed the earth's orbit by either 1 or 3 inches, something along those lineif I remember rightly. I imagine the earth to be like a spinning weight with a counter-weight attached. On such a large scale even a small earthquake may have an effect. The earth isn't exactly symmetric either so even weight distribution is probably out of the question too. Seemingly our only brake is the pull of our moon and sun on us and, maybe, our own earthquakes, volcanoes and nuclear detonations.

edit on 7/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

new topics

top topics

join