It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks The Secret Life of a Superpower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
this is a 2 part documentary i found and thought it was really interesting. it talks about the most controversial wikileaks releases. its not just a thread on wikileaks its a thread on wikileaks with a video!

i thought it was something worth sharing with every one on ats. sorry if its not in the right forum, im unsure as to witch one i should of put it in. also hope its not aginst the t&c of ats. any ways here are the links to the 2 videos.

in the first video

Richard Bilton uncovers a struggle at the heart of US diplomacy between the ideals of freedom and spreading democracy, and the ruthless demands of American security and narrow self-interest. He examines what the cables reveal about America’s conflicted dealings with Egypt’s deposed dictator Hosni Mubarak, and shows how US diplomats in Cairo missed warning signs that revolution in Egypt was coming. And he details the moral tension in US diplomacy brought about by America’s controversial War on Terror. Using the cables, Richard uncovers the moral compromises made by America’s diplomats over the repatriation of Guantanamo Bay prisoners, and he shows the secret US efforts to block investigations into alleged CIA rendition and abuse.
tv links

video 1 of 2

in the second video

Richard Bilton confronts the nightmares that haunt America. Using the secret cables Richard offers a striking analysis of the state of the superpower – facing defiance around the world, struggling to achieve its goals, locked in confrontation with enemies new - and old. This includes how it struggles with - Russian aggression, China’s rising economic power and military might. And the ultimate threat – an Iranian bomb. He journeys to Russia to investigate allegations of Kremlin corruption, meeting the key sources who gave information to American diplomats. And he tells the story of a modern ‘cold war’ style crisis at the very heart of NATO. From information in the cables, Richard charts how China’s economic and military muscle present an unprecedented threat to America’s self-confidence. Meeting persecuted Chinese dissidents, he shows how America has struggled to challenge China on its Human Rights behaviour. Finally, he examines America’s greatest fear: an Iranian nuclear bomb. He meets those who tried to convince America to strike at the heart of Ahmadinejad’s Iran – and the top flight US diplomats who admit the urgency of their clearest danger
tv link

video 2 of 2

edit on 7-4-2012 by NISMOALTI because: changed the video links

edit on 7-4-2012 by NISMOALTI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
ok i changed the links on my opening post.

so what are your thoughts on the whole wikileaks releases? do you really think they have an impact on the way the world looks at the USA?

i felt that the 2 videos were a lot easier to watch than scanning through the releases on the wiki site

edit on 7-4-2012 by NISMOALTI because: moved the youtube links to my op

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I saw this the other night,its really good i can recommend to everyone,its' interesting to the part wiki leaks played in the arab spring and there's some good stuff about the space cold war between America and China that i've never heard about.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
wow i cant be leave not may people were interested in this. i thought it was something ats would of liked. ah oh well

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Interesting stuff, always supported Wikileaks and other sites like them. Transparency is good.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Thanks NISMOALTI. I haven't watched it all yet but what I have seen so far has been interesting and I'll watch it in full over the weekend.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
great post that l found to be revealing the truth l joined ATS looking for. My opinion though is that most Americans know that the American economy is based on the opposite of human rights but American rights.

new topics

top topics

join