It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Delegates: Romney is the nominee

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

2 other huge states out there. Penn.(71 delegates) is Santorum's home state, right? He has to win that. Texas(155 delegates) will probably go with Gingrich. Either of those go to Romney and it doesn't matter what the other states vote.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I'm sorry. I know he has a lot of support here but RP is dead in the water. Just by going with the numbers.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I just found this comment on his page on facebook, thought it was interesting so I wanted to bring it over to this thread.

"The software that is used to tally votes in U.S. elections is owned and operated by Goldman Sachs former executives Tim Bunting, Mark Evans.

It seems that Balderton is a venture capital company which made a significant investment in Syctl, a Spanish corporation which is a leader in secure electronic voting technologies. Balderton is operated by Tim Bunting and Mark Evans, both Goldman Sachs veterans. Tim Bunting was an 18 year veteran of Goldman Sachs and in 2004, he was promoted to vice-chairman of Goldman Sachs. Tim Bunting was one of Goldman Sachs' most senior European executives.

Additionally, Rob Moffat, who is also an executive with Balderton, was a former Bain Capital executive for five years.

Goldman Sachs Mitt Romney's biggest campaign contributor.

Knowing that former Goldman Sachs veterans have an ownership interest in the very software that tabulates votes in the United States is very concerning!"

The Florida Department of State commissioned a review of SCYTL’s voting software and concluded, in part, that:

The system is vulnerable to attack from insiders.
In a worst case scenario, the software could lead to
(1) voters being unable to cast votes;
(2) an election that does not accurately reflect the will of the voters; and
(3) possible disclosure of confidential information, such as the votes cast by individual voters.

The system may be subject to attacks that could compromise the integrity of the votes cast"

I guess he should win the nomination if him and his pals own the voting machines huh?

Voting for Obamney in 2012 only ensures ONE thing. We are that much closer to an armed revolution of the people. The people used the venerated method of voting for their 'change' back in 2008. In 2011 we seen those same people that had lost 'hope' in their 'change' begin to protest with the Occupy movement, only to be pushed aside and made to move on. If we cant vote and get results, and we get silenced for exercising our constitutional rights of assembly and free speech, what do you think is next? Our next step is simply to 'TAKE' the things that we are wanting and needing from this corrupt government. It is too late to right this ship and is now just a matter of time until each and every one of us will have to decide whether to stand up for our freedoms, or just keep laying down and taking it. I will fight for my life and freedom, would you?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by Erowynn

So if someone chooses Romney because they like him, and you cannot fathom a reason why they would like him, then they are brainwashed and needs to wake up? You are not helping the political division here by calling your opponents brainwashed. it's very weak. Come up with something better and more concrete next time and maybe you'll do better

MODERATOR EDIT -- NAME-CALLING You addressed nothing of what I really said, put your own spin on it, and then proceeded to call my argument weak, yet offered nothing of substance yourself. Nice.

If someone likes Romney, or Obama, or whoever because they've thoroughly researched their positions and agree with them, then more power to them. That's their right. But if they are just voting for a guy because he has an R or D after his name, or against the other guy with an R or D by his name, or because some talking head told them too, or because they think elections are a horse race, then that my friend is why our once great country is now circling down the ****hole. An apathetic, uninformed populous will be our downfall well before any overreaching government. Do you catch my drift?

And for the record, I do not view my fellow Americans as "opponents'". Enough with the divide and conquer rhetoric. The cause of liberty is a unifying force, and it's growing.

edit on 7-4-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Sorry but its not over...PAUL WILL WIN,,,IF YOU LIKE ROMNEY AND THINK HE IS GOING "FULL THROTTLE" ON OBAMA,,,YOUR A FOOL,,THAT GUY WILL NEVER BEAT OBAMA..........Unless they cheat like they did to get that sorry loser romney where he is...if the media didnt lie and cheat NO ONE would vote Romney, because you dont know what his goal or plan is,,he changes it everyday,,romney nor santorum could EVER speak at a college,,,,eeeew romney

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.
ATS policy on comments that do not add to the discussion

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
With three months remaining and more than half the delegates still up for grabs I'd like to see it progress further until I think it's a done deal. There are still some factions hiding out in the shadows.

If Jeb gets announced for the VP slot I'd be very careful for the Prez if they win the general election. Of course Romney may be just the man to be in front. He has shown he is willing to be anything they want him to be.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You should move this to the HOAX bin.,,,,,,,,RON PAUL already WON,,,,its not the MITT REVOLUTION and NEVER WILL BE....................RON PAUL filled the stadium at UCLA ,,Mitt couldnt fill the chairs in front of the podium,,,Mitt is a stupid media joke.and so is anyone who supports him,.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

2 other huge states out there. Penn.(71 delegates) is Santorum's home state, right? He has to win that. Texas(155 delegates) will probably go with Gingrich. Either of those go to Romney and it doesn't matter what the other states vote.

Texas going to Gingrich? Really? What do you base this off? I would say since Ron Paul has already won 12 times in a row in Texas(as a congressman)... And is his home state... i would say he got pretty good odds as well..

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
He has shown he is willing to be anything they want him to be.

Which speaks to the moderates of both sides and the centrists. THAT'S the demographic that decides elections. Romney wins and he'll be the greatest thing since Ronald Reagan. He loses and he'll be labeled another RINO, like McCain was when he lost. Just as important and ignored to this point is the election of Congress. That'll be interesting as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Texas going to Gingrich? Really? What do you base this off?

It's just my opinion. Taking in the political climate. That said, those 155 delegates would still leave Paul in Romney's dust. It would hurt Gingrich more than Romney.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erowynn
The "base" of this country, that is the American public, will continue to be divided by a false left/right dichotomy until they wake the hell up and start voting with their conscience instead of along the party lines. Obama and Romney have the same corporate backers, yet you really believe there is any difference? I don't. That's why neither will ever get my vote.

You said this, and put your own spin one what you think the base will do, because you believe this is what the American Public should, and maybe it might happen but it won't. Then you called me a troll and 80% of the American public brainwashed because you feel that they are only voting based on what the MSM tells them.

Straight out the troll playbook. You addressed nothing of what I really said, put your own spin on it, and then proceeded to call my argument weak, yet offered nothing of substance yourself. Nice.

If someone likes Romney, or Obama, or whoever because they've thoroughly researched their positions and agree with them, then more power to them. That's their right. But if they are just voting for a guy because he has an R or D after his name, or against the other guy with an R or D by his name, or because some talking head told them too, or because they think elections are a horse race, then that my friend is why our once great country is now circling down the ****hole. An apathetic, uninformed populous will be our downfall well before any overreaching government. Do you catch my drift?

And for the record, I do not view my fellow Americans as "opponents'". Enough with the divide and conquer rhetoric. The cause of liberty is a unifying force, and it's growing.

You need to wake up. This is the REPUBLICAN primary! Of course they are going to be voting for Republicans and Conservatives Republicans are going to be voting for the most far right republican. Mitt Romney has the moderates and he will probably gather a lot of the independent votes in the summer as well. Maybe something RP supporters do not understand but Politics is a horse race, and its a battle you have to divide and conquer in order to win. Romney and Obama are both doing it. That's why they're winning!!!!!

Republicans generally do not like change, and they hate obama. So they are not going to be voting for the guy who has the youth vote, and the guy who is running on trying to change the entire system and their own party! It's incredibly naive to think RP the last place candidate will win at this point even against Newt or Santorum...

Let me just say this, Obama ran on ideological messages in 2008 and look where it's gotten us. Obama also had the majority and still has the majority of the far left on his side, including the media. RP Doesn't have Sh*t!

edit on 7-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

The "base" of this country, that is the American public, will continue to be divided by a false left/right dichotomy until they wake the hell up and start voting with their conscience instead of along the party lines. Obama and Romney have the same corporate backers, yet you really believe there is any difference? I don't. That's why neither will ever get my vote.

You said this, and put your own spin one what you think the base will do, because you believe this is what the American Public should, and maybe it might happen but it won't. Then you called me a troll and 80% of the American public brainwashed because you feel that they are only voting based on what the MSM tells them.

Straight out the troll playbook. You addressed nothing of what I really said, put your own spin on it, and then proceeded to call my argument weak, yet offered nothing of substance yourself. Nice.

You need to wake up. This is the REPUBLICAN primary! Of course they are going to be voting for Republicans and Conservatives Republicans are going to be voting for the most far right republican. Mitt Romney has the moderates and he will probably gather a lot of the independent votes in the summer as well. Maybe something RP supporters do not understand but Politics is a horse race, and its a battle you have to divide and conquer in order to win. Romney and Obama are both doing it. That's why they're winning!!!!!

Republicans generally do not like change, and they hate obama. So they are not going to be voting for the guy who has the youth vote, and the guy who is running on trying to change the entire system and their own party! It's incredibly naive to think RP the last place candidate will win at this point even against Newt or Santorum...

Let me just say this, Obama ran on ideological messages in 2008 and look where it's gotten us. Obama also had the majority and still has the majority of the far left on his side, including the media. RP Doesn't have Sh*t!

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Where did I say 80% of Americans are brainwashed?? Please show me where you get these things because you seem to be pulling them out your ***. If you want to vote for Romney, great, I could care less. It's obvious you are threatened by Ron Paul and what he stands for otherwise you wouldn't spend so much time on these boards bashing him. Instead you would speak on why your candidate is so great and why we should support him. Politics as usual will get us nowhere, fast. If RP doesn't have # then tell me why you spend so much time beating a dead horse?? Please do tell.

Anyway, regardless if Ron Paul wins the nom or the presidency, he's already won. Deny it is you want, but your party is dying. The cause of liberty is rising, and all those people whop have been inspired by Ron's message are not going to settle for the status quo.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Erowynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Where did I say 80% of Americans are brainwashed?? Please show me where you get these things because you seem to be pulling them out your ***. If you want to vote for Romney, great, I could care less. It's obvious you are threatened by Ron Paul and what he stands for otherwise you wouldn't spend so much time on these boards bashing him. Instead you would speak on why your candidate is so great and why we should support him. Politics as usual will get us nowhere, fast. If RP doesn't have # then tell me why you spend so much time beating a dead horse?? Please do tell.

Anyway, regardless if Ron Paul wins the nom or the presidency, he's already won. Deny it is you want, but your party is dying. The cause of liberty is rising, and all those people whop have been inspired by Ron's message are not going to settle for the status quo.

It's what you imply. I know how RP supporters think thanx mainly in part to ATS. 80% of the American Public either don't know who Ron Paul is or don't care. This includes the liberals and the democrats. They care more about their party when they vote and who will best represent their party as President.It's why no democrats are running against Obama. Hilary could easily beat him this time, but why bother. Obama's already there pushing the same agenda she would. It's how it's been for the past 200+ years.

I'm not bashing Paul. I'm merely spreading information about him and why he isn't winning. I'm allowing people on here to get both sides of the issues. It's Paul supporters who take every attack against him to extreme personal levels thanx to their unbalanced emotional attachment to him. Paul supporters are always wondering where Republican supporters are on this message board, it's because the Paul supporters shut them up. No, they didn't win the battle. They flood message boards and other online forums to "help spread his message." In that sense he has won. But not on any moral grounds that his ego insists. I have seen time and time again where threads not even my own have been over taken by Ron paul supporters even when the thread wasn't even about the man. It's happening again here..

I frankly do not know why we are fighting about a last place candidate. You are assuming that all of the delegates are going to go to Paul. No, they are likely to go to Santorum, if any of the one's in Romney's camp change their minds. It's over and you are using tactics typically used by last place candidates. You are just too blindsided or too much of a die-hard fan to see it.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It's what you imply. I know how RP supporters think thanx mainly in part to ATS. 80% of the American Public either don't know who Ron Paul is or don't care. This includes the liberals and the democrats. They care more about their party when they vote and who will best represent their party as President.It's why no democrats are running against Obama. Hilary could easily beat him this time, but why bother. Obama's already there pushing the same agenda she would. It's how it's been for the past 200+ years.

I'm not bashing Paul. I'm merely spreading information about him and why he isn't winning. I'm allowing people on here to get both sides of the issues. It's Paul supporters who take every attack against him to extreme personal levels thanx to their unbalanced emotional attachment to him. Paul supporters are always wondering where Republican supporters are on this message board, it's because the Paul supporters shut them up. No, they didn't win the battle. They flood message boards and other online forums to "help spread his message." In that sense he has won. But not on any moral grounds that his ego insists. I have seen time and time again where threads not even my own have been over taken by Ron paul supporters even when the thread wasn't even about the man. It's happening again here..

I frankly do not know why we are fighting about a last place candidate. You are assuming that all of the delegates are going to go to Paul. No, they are likely to go to Santorum, if any of the one's in Romney's camp change their minds. It's over and you are using tactics typically used by last place candidates. You are just too blindsided or too much of a die-hard fan to see it.

So you agree with me that most people vote along party lines. We differ in that you seem to think that is a good thing, while I've already stated multiple times that this is exactly the reason nothing ever changes and we get the same old crap politicians over and over again. Different party, same BS. Ron Paul represents the antithesis to this way of thinking. His supporters will not vote along party lines because for them it was never about the party, but rather his ideas. Get it? Got it? Good.

And I have made no such assumptions about all delegates going to RP. If anyone has made any assumptions it's you. Projection much?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Our two best options are Obama and Romney.

No wonder the destruction of this nation continues.

The GOPs only job was to help Obama stay in office to push forward the shadow governments agenda of controlling the global stage.

There is nothing honest about the fairy tales of democracy and capitalism.

The haves versus the have nots cycles eternally.

I totally agree.
And if Dr Paul doesn't jump over to the Independent ticket then, it looks like I'll be writing Micky Mouse for the second straight year.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

So you agree with me that most people vote along party lines. We differ in that you seem to think that is a good thing, while I've already stated multiple times that this is exactly the reason nothing ever changes and we get the same old crap politicians over and over again. Different party, same BS. Ron Paul represents the antithesis to this way of thinking. His supporters will not vote along party lines because for them it was never about the party, but rather his ideas. Get it? Got it? Good.

And I have made no such assumptions about all delegates going to RP. If anyone has made any assumptions it's you. Projection much?

There IS a huge difference between Romney and Obama. I have said, time and time again that Paul cannot win alone on his message only. He needs to do something to appeal to both parties, not just talking. If he was as good of a talker as Obama, sure he might shake up the parties more than he has this time. But he didn't even win a state yet...He just yelled conspiracy. Not going to get many votes that way, especially if you don't trust the very foundation of the American Voting system. That's why it's generally referred to as a trust system. If you don't trust the system, in politics you are generally considered crazy. Even if you want the most simplest change you are considered crazy. Look at the Tea Party, OWS, and the republicans hatred against Obama claiming he is a socialist not born in this country....Status Quo is how politics is run. That's how it is. It's going to take a lot more than a man talking about it, to change it into whatever you want it to be changed into.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
mit romney was selected by the elite, so thus he will be president. Just deal with it that he has more money to throw around to get elected. It is the way of this world now, get over it.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
mit romney was selected by the elite, so thus he will be president. Just deal with it that he has more money to throw around to get elected. It is the way of this world now, get over it.

When hasn't the world worked that way?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Actually, no, Ron Paul doesn't seem to be doing that well in Texas. In his home district, perhaps, but for the rest, most folks are supporting Santorum or Romney. And when I look at other polls from Texas, I don't see that he's been terribly popular in the state itself. Unless things change, it looks like Santorum will end up with at least half the Texas delegates.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join