It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar Bears Show Signs of Mysterious Illness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Ah the OP beat me to it,

But not to jump to conclusions, consider that Fukshima did recently announce that they discovered a huge dumping of radioactive water back into the ocean without knowing for sure how long its been doing so.

In fact the amount of glow in the dark juice they've been dumping has exceeded billions of metric tons at this point...only it appears as a honorable mention in most media so not many are hearing about it.

And yes, the symptoms of radiation sickness are exactly what these animals are displaying. In my many years of being in Alaska and dealing with the native elders on a regular basis I can tell you they have never seen this either and they would be the ones to know.

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck.....its a duck.

Just because they aren't admitting to it doesn't mean that it isn't what many think it is in the first place.

Chances are better than average......its due to the amount of radioactivity in the water. If you want to know for sure, keep an eye on how many eskimos suddenly start coming down with cancer and the like over the next year as they eat seal and polar bear religiously up north. Not to mention the whale harvest they take every spring. When they start to get sick, you'll know for sure.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

Did you miss the part of the article that states this disease has been ongoing since at least 1999, when it was discovered? I'm fairly certain there's no time warp between Japan & the Arctic. Given the fact that is had been occurring for 12 years prior to Fukushima, attributing these symptoms to Fukushima is as illogical as it gets.
You might have better luck trying to tie it to Chernobyl, which occurred 13 years earlier in 1986, although known plant & animal contamination was well-documented many years earlier than '99 & in an entirely different area of the planet.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Radiation illness do make more sense
even the mighty polar bear are not invincible against radiations

Most animals death today are directly linked to humans

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
for those who keep pointing out that this has been going on since 1999.....

the article points out that even though they've seen this since 1999 the number NOW is very different. THIS YEAR is unusual. they said that because there have been so many seal deaths this year and now the polar bears are showing signs it is now a high priority event. they don't know what it is yet but it's pretty disturbing.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Im sure they would try to pin this on a previously rare discovered disease that may look like it, but consider that most times they like to cover the truth with BS as to not alarm the public to what really is.

Look up project Chariot and that should give you some idea of what extremes our Gov will go to just to cover the truth. Besides you should take everything you read with a grain of salt.

Again having lived here for 20 years and knowing many natives that eat said effected animals on a regular basis. If they say they've never seen this before, I'd believe them before I'd believe the lame excuses of some article.

When they went to do their polar bear count the idiot scientists were only in the artic for a week, thats why their projected numbers for polar bear populations were down and thats what they reported to congress. If they had hung out a while longer, made a real effort, and visited more than a few villages they would have seen far greater numbers than what is the basis for their endangered species garble.

And polar bears may look cute, yet they are the only bear that will hunt humans as prey on a consistant basis. So I don't imagine they were too interested in finding as many of them as they could.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join