It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather in your area record breaking? Wierd? out of season? Tell it here. Information is key to surv

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I started a thread a few days ago, talking about how sprites have started 3 months ahead of schedule. If you dont know what sprites are my other thread is here. ATS Thread

Anywho, I also coverd that from another thread I agreed that we will be seeing 130+ heat in diffrent parts of the country (America). Well, after other responses i recieved I believe across the world will be seeing excessive heat this summer or quite possibly earlier.

these are qoutes from ATS members that are talking about the weather where they are from.

"Australia's weather is out of whack too. "

"The weather in Minnesota has been unseasonably warm. We are 2 months ahead of schedule. I wonder what this summer will be like. People that I talk to are concerned. "

"Everyone I talk to at work, has commented on the unusual fluctuations in the weather.. Jeramy vine on radio 2 (the most listend to radio station in the uk) covered it..www.bbc.co.uk... They did not come to any conclusions btw. "

"Weather has been strange here in Virginia this winter and even now. Winter was mainly mild, with few really cold days. Only one very brief snow accumulation. The strangest thing is that it can't seem to decide whether it wants to get warm or stay cold. In March and early April, we have had cold nights and early mornings that turn into warm days. On the whole, warmer than usual through the winter and early spring, but one has the feeling of not knowing what to expect. 130 degrees by summer? I would be surprised to see that, but then wouldn't we all? That would get our attention! I'll believe 130 when I see (feel) it, but have to admit that the past few months have been unusual. "

"I live in Aberdeen which is the closest city to Aboyne and it was 22C here last week and this morning I looked outside and it was snowing.
We even had wasps and bee's coming out early so if this cold weather continues then it could cause havoc for them. "

"I live in quebec, canada and 3 weeks ago we had record temperature for this season, all the snow melted away in a week, we were in short, in february LOL thats almost impossible there should be 2m of snow on my grass yet i can almost cut my grass already. then 2 weeks after, rain for 2 weeks LOL RAIN? it should be snow, then we had some snow fall.... totaly #ed up.

This winter we had rain, and rain and rain, snow storm, rain rain rain, snowstorm rain rain rain, SUPRISE BOTT SEKZ summer. rain rain small snow fall, rain rain and now its sunny again but windy.

totaly out season "

This thread is to cover any records being broken where you are from. No matter where your from I want to know whats going on I am gathering this information to try to figure out if the sun has something to do with it, are TPTB putting up some weather smoke screen or again like i said is it all concluding to 2012.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It is warm down here in Phoenix.
I don't know if we are breaking records but I've lived in Phoenix most of my life 27 years and I know it is hot for this time of year.

90 degrees today, 92 tomorrow, 94 Monday.

It's too damn early for summer!!!!!

www.weather.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
After reading your OP. I decided to re-post what I wrote in another small thread a couple of days ago.Not something I would normally do. But, your thread seemed to latch onto a thought scurrying around in my mind. One I didn't want to give life to, but it won't leave on it's own accord. The reason I post it here, I'm wondering if any other people are experiencing what appears to me, a kind of Nature/reproduction, growing, going into a kind of overdrive.

****************************************************************************************
I live in the Southern U.S. here...we only had about a month of winter. It's crazy. Usually in April, we still have cold, and sometimes snow. It's like summer here. Everything is blooming, trees, flowers, my field is getting ready to need mowing. Crazy I tell you.

You want to hear something really strange. I have a small herd of goats. I'm on a lot of goat forums, and many people are reporting that their pregnant goats are having, for the first time, triplets and quad births. Three to four kids per doe at birthing time. Earlier birthing season this year too.

I have a pregnant doe that has always thrown twins, who's due to birth any day. She is huge, much bigger than ever before. Waiting to see if she throws a triplet or quad. The reason I bring this up....wonder if something's happening in nature that is effecting overall changes. Almost as if trying to produce as much as possible in a short period of time.

Crazy thoughts I know....just throwing them out here.

Des
****************************************************************************************

I'm also seeing that the plants on my land, that come back every year in the spring, are more robust, and prolific than ever before. Almost a competition to ripen and fruit. I've owned this land for going on 15 years....so the difference I speak of is very real....

Neighbors are experiencing the same phenomenon. My neighbor came over yesterday to ask if I would take some of her surplus eggs, as her chickens are laying in numbers she's never seen before.....

Des

edit on 7-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

i live in atlanta destiny...i was talking to a friend about how bad the pollen was this year...and how everything is already blooming like crazy! doesn't seem like this area could turn into a jungle soon enough? give it a couple years at this rate and we're gonna be a rainforrest (exaggeration yes but not by much).

it was a ridiculously warm winter...more like a mild spring...

very interesting about the goats and livestock giving birth to larger litters (pardon my ignorance if littler is the incorrect term). please do keep as updated on that and let us know about your goat. i wonder why mother earth would be telling animals to birth more than usual?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Portland for the second year in a row is up to 20 degrees colder than normal, and a lot of rain. Last year we broke 3 months worth of rain records in the spring and that is like braking a cold record in AK...doesn't happen very much. I live near the river and we got snow last week and last night it got below freezing but should jump up to high 50s/low 60s this next week...should...

We would kill for some warm dry weather.....hehe

edit on 7-4-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Methinks the Kudzu is going to be a mess this year. Fortunately I've kept it off my property. But I see it taking over areas of the forest around me in quantities never seen before.

I'm above the clouds in N. Ga. Rainforest, it might be someday soon....

Des

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
We didn't have a winter in Ontario. Very mild. Never hit -20c(-4f). And snow? 18 inches all season. That normally would have been one really good blow. Record setting temps the last month as well. I'm talking 20c(70f) when it should have been around zero(32f).
edit on 7-4-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well I live in Maastricht, the south of Holland.
three days ago I was chilling in the park in my shorts, all day long. It was twenty degrees C. The month before it was minus 20 degrees C. Three day later and it is freezing again?!

Something is up, and I dunno what it might be.
I must add that the only thing I really find kinda strange is the huge fluctuations, in daytime 20 degrees C, and at night it was almost freezing.
Peace

edit on 7/4/12 by sevensheeps because: update

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Out here in west Texas we had our winter in December, for one month, and then it was over. My rose bushes never lost their leaves, which is unusual, because they're supposed to lose all their leaves and become dormant during the winter, but that didn't happen this year.

Spring began in January (my allergies never lie) and we're running close to 10 degrees above average. I haven't been out here long enough to make a determination of what's "normal", but my husband grew up out here and said it was a weird year weather-wise. We had snow before Halloween, pretty unusual for how far south we are in the US. We've gotten less than half an inch of rain since the beginning of the year, and plenty of dust storms. 1935 redux, another Dust Bowl!

Everything is out-of-whack. I know it's going to be hot as a firecracker and dry too....My only hope is that fall comes early like the rest of the seasons did, or we're going to dry up and blow away.

NOAA photo, Stamford Texas dust storm, 1938

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

That is a scary picture and very possible. Right now here in Middle, TN we are on a very high alert for pollen which hasn't been this bad in years. You can see it when the wind blows.

Also talked to my nieghbor who is 75 years old and he and i qoute " has never seen anything like this before".

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Weird and unseasonable is an understatement! SW Florida weather is "off". We had almost no Winter to speak of. Those who aren't familiar with the weather in this area seem to think that it is always hot and sunny here. Nope. Winters usually lend to some pretty cold nights and we get periodic cold days. I can count on one hand the cold days this year. We have hovered around 85-90 degrees in the last month or two. Nights are around mid 60's. Beautiful weather but, no Winter and ridiculous pollen. I am noticing the palm trees on my property have significantly more dead palm fronds that need trimming.

Our ten day forecast calls for no change in this pattern and frankly it is weird.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm in North Carolina and everyone I talk to about this weather, especially older people who have lived here their entire life, have expressed how abnormal for the heat to start this early. We are experiencing 70+ degree weather here in the mountains but this coming week it's suppose to dip back down into the lower 60's (more normal).
It was hot back in March. We had a very mild winter. Mildest I can remember. Insects are predicted to be horrible here this year since it never got cold enough to lessen their numbers.

Swimming pools are being opened already starting back in March. This usually takes place in May around here.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
On a planet that is billions of years old...

part of a solar system just as old...

in a galaxy that is much older...

Does 200 years of records really count?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

FS...

I worry about Texas. I remember reading last year, a huge number of cattle ranchers went out of business due to lack of rain. Mass selling off of stock, and sending their herds to slaughter houses because of no feed.

Do you think it's going to be a repeat of last year. It's horrible to hear of so many family businesses, dependent on rain and crops, going under at such an alarming rate.

Des

edit on 7-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

It does when we are living in those years, and it effects our daily lives.....

Des

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

OK but...

Living in the present is a totally different subject from pseudo-science .

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

OK but...

Living in the present is a totally different subject from pseudo-science .

Sounds like you might consider starting a new thread on your ideas. I'm not here to argue my weather condition with you.

Des

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Eastern Ontario is pretty normal for April now, around 10 to 12 degrees centigrade during the day. It was super warm in March, like 25 to 28 degrees centigrade, but it's all pretty normal now. I guess it's just one of those freak things, they do happen from time to time, that's why it's called weather, it changes ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

This doesnt matter. We are talking about present timing. Back then there were diffrent factors involving the weather as it is now. Please don't add irelevant comments to this thread. I asked for the weather in your area and if it is record breaking or plaing wierd for the time of year.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

good question.

yes it matters to me. to us. (not trying to be a smart ass.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join