It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burning Questions: Clintonville administrator Lisa Kuss explains earthquakes' 'mystery booms'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
www.postcrescent.com... text%7CFRONTPAGE

For those of you who don't know about this....

A small city known for its fire truck plant was thrust into the national spotlight last month when residents were rattled from their beds by a mysterious booming noise from the ground.

What's the latest on the booms?

We started in the first three days not knowing anything and that's what drew a lot of the attention — the mystery behind it. On the fourth day, Thursday of that first week, the U.S. Geological Survey called us and said we did in fact have an earthquake. That is officially what those booms were caused by.

Earthquake(s)? Maybe. It sounded like an explosion when I heard the recording.

Are most Clintonville residents convinced this is earthquake activity?

More people believe than don't believe. Some are still skeptical and say it's something else. We've tried very hard to be completely honest, and put out everything we know. We have no reason to hide anything, or cover anything up. What we know the public knows.

They would cover something up if the right people told them to keep their mouths shut!

Are there other any thoughts this could be linked to booms in other parts of the state?

We have not specifically talked to officials in Baraboo or Montello, but I think there's certainly reason to believe they may be experiencing the same earth fracturing, rock-adjusting noises.

So what do you guys think? Earthquake? I smell bull# myself.
edit on 7-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well the axis of the earth is shifting little by little - there is scientific data on this (sorry not gonna link things right now i have a busy life)

This could be what people are feeling/sensing/hearing, OR it could be a prerequisite to a Big big big event. Huge apocolyptic (changing) events always have celestial signs prior to them. Will something happen? Can't say I'm not a seer.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

TrueAmerican's thread, I have opened up some extensive real time seismic monitoring in Wisconsin- For the rumbles, delves into some of the technical details of this and then Puterman's post here also analyzes some of the data from the "earthquake."

For anyone unfamiliar with either of these two, they are some of the most highly respected "quaketards" on ATS and have been studying seismic phenomena for quite some time. TA is working in conjunction with the USGS to monitor a remote volcano as can be seen in the thread, Coming Face to Face With An Escalating Volcano from 5000km Away.

Basically the gist of what these two have determined is that the "earthquake" is missing some key elements that all naturally occurring (or even manmade (via fracking)) quakes have. Those being responses within certain frequency ranges when the spectrographs of the waveforms are analyzed.

To me, this only adds to the oddness of these events.
edit on 7-4-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed link tag, I should preview better before posting

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by survival
Well the axis of the earth is shifting little by little - there is scientific data on this (sorry not gonna link things right now i have a busy life)

This could be what people are feeling/sensing/hearing, OR it could be a prerequisite to a Big big big event. Huge apocolyptic (changing) events always have celestial signs prior to them. Will something happen? Can't say I'm not a seer.

I believe you are referring to axial precession, which is something that occurs in all rotating systems.

In astronomy, axial precession is a gravity-induced, slow and continuous change in the orientation of an astronomical body's rotational axis. In particular, it refers to the gradual shift in the orientation of Earth's axis of rotation, which, like a wobbling top, traces out a pair of cones joined at their apices in a cycle of approximately 26,000 years [1] (called a Great or Platonic Year in astrology). The term "precession" typically refers only to this largest secular motion; other changes in the alignment of Earth's axis — nutation and polar motion — are much smaller in magnitude.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thank you for the information / links.

I know they have experienced a warm dry winter as did a lot of the U.S. I read somewhere that the water table in that area is very low.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Clintonville? Anybody associated with the word Clinton will believe anything.

Just sayin.

top topics

join