It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Nuclear attack on USA 17-18 September 1944

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
During World War 2 the bodies of three Luftwaffe aviators were taken to the Coast Guard station at Rockport, Maine. The wreckage of a six engined aircraft in black and green camouflage was sighted by locals roughly two and a half miles southwest from Owl's Head.

At first locals were told to keep quiet as an enemy submarine had been sunk there, however several people had seen the plane wreck. FBI and Secret service then told witnesses never to say anything.

Many years later a recreational diver with the nickname "plouise" (possibly Patricia Louise Gray) recovered a manufacturer's tag from one of the engines. It identified the aircraft as a Junkers.

There is also a remote possibility a nuclear warhead still lays on the seabed.

Is there anybody online who can add further scraps of information?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The Allies never found anything in Germany after the war ended (1939-1945) to suggest that the Germans had built an atomic bomb, there wasn't even a working nuclear pile.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Nuclear warhead. On a 1944 aircraft that could get from Germany to US. With 6 engines. And US military did not pull it out to study while 3 bodies were found and people even know waht color scheme it used for camuflage.
Sounds about right.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Not so fast. There was a mighty explosion in San Francisco Bay (Port of Chicago) in July 1944. While not an attack there has been speculation it was a small nuke with mushroom cloud. Whose? Now it gets a bit wild. Was it an intentional blast which killed 320 and injured 390? There have been stories of uniformed German officers at the base, some of whom died and are buried in the area. Speculation is that they were 'defectors' whom we allowed to see a demo of our new bomb in hopes they would return and take action to end the war or that they had brought the bomb and given it to us.

Do some searches. I know there was a book on the topic with lots of strange stuff, missing boxcar manifests, filmed by the Navy from across the bay; etc.
edit on 7-4-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
The Allies never found anything in Germany after the war ended (1939-1945) to suggest that the Germans had built an atomic bomb, there wasn't even a working nuclear pile.

That is disputable, there are many rumors the Germans succeeded building the bomb.
There are also rumors that the first 3 atomic devices the US used were German made.
Google: Jonastal aka Jonas Valley.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If the Germans had got the bomb, would the post-war US government really want to tell the public about it?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Interestingly enough, all the documents relating to the German atomic weapons program collected following WWII are classified until 2045. It definitely looks like they found something.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If the Nazis had the atomic bomb, they would of used them to destroy the rampaging Soviet armies that was pushing them out of Eastern Europe, or you know drop it on Stalin or hell London then some vain attempt to hit the US in half cocked manner that this conspiracy theory suggests.

Amazing as real life turned out, German technological progress wasn't always one on all fronts and if you contribute to kicking out almost an entire generation of your greatest minds who go to work for the richest country on the other-side of the world who you can't hurt their homeland at all, those guys might develop a new super-weapon.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

Then I suppose the two scientists Schumann & Trinks spent the whole war filing their nails then?

...and your proof for this is the same people who didn't tell you about this plane crash also didn't tell you about Nazi nuclear weapons either?

Then you mustn't have been there when they declassified a US intelligence report entitled “Investigations, Research, Developments and Practical Use of the German Atomic Bomb” dated 19 August 1945

alternativeforcesofwwii.devhub.com...

You don't know that they did not find nuclear weapons in Germany. All you know is they did not tell you.
edit on 7-4-2012 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2012 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koffee
If the Nazis had the atomic bomb, they would of used them to destroy the rampaging Soviet armies that was pushing them out of Eastern Europe, or you know drop it on Stalin or hell London then some vain attempt to hit the US in half cocked manner that this conspiracy theory suggests.

Amazingly they did use nuclear weapons against Soviet forces...

I quote an intercepted and deciphered Japanese diplomatic from Stockholm to Tokyo dated 12 Dec 1944, cited as

Part 1

This bomb is revolutionary in its results, and will completely upset all ordinary precepts of warfare hitherto established. I am sending you, in one group, all those reports on what is called the atom-splitting bomb. It is a fact that in June of 1943, the German Army tried out an utterly new type of weapon against the Russians at a location 150 kilometers southeast of Kursk. Although it was the entire 19th Infantry Regiment of the Russians which was thus attacked, only a few bombs (each round up to 5 kilograms) sufficed to utterly wipe them out to the last man.

Part 2.

The following is according to a statement by Lieutenant-Colonel UE [ ISHIWARA ]
KENJI, advisor to the attaché in Hungary and formerly in this country, who by chance saw the actual scene immediately after the above took place:

"All the men and the horses the explosion of the shells were
charred black and even their ammunition had all been detonated."

Moreover, it is a fact that the same type of war material was tried out in the Crimea,
too. At that time the Russians claimed that this was poison-gas, and protested that if
Germany were ever again to use it, Russia, too, would use poison-gas.

Part 3.

There is also the fact that recently in London - in the period between October
and the 15th of November - the loss of life and the damage to business buildings
through fires of unknown origin was great. It is clear, judging especially by the
articles about a new weapon of this type, which have appeared from time to time
recently in British and American magazines - that even our enemy has already begun
to study this type. To generalize on the basis of all these reports: I am convinced that the most important technical advance in the present great war is in the realization of the atom-splitting bomb. Therefore, the central authorities are planning, through research on this type of weapon, to speed up the matter of rendering the weapon practical. And for my part, I
am convinced of the necessity for taking urgent steps to effect this end.

Part 4.

The following are the facts I have learned regarding its technical data:

Recently the British authorities warned their people of the possibility that they might
undergo attacks by German atom-splitting bombs. The American military authorities have likewise warned that the American east coast might be the area chosen for a blind attack by some sort of flying bomb. It was called the German V-3. To be specific, this device is based on the principle of the explosion of the nuclei of the atoms in heavy hydrogen derived from heavy water. (Germany has a large plant in the vicinity of Rjukan, Norway, which has from time to time been bombed by English planes.). Naturally, there have been plenty of examples even before this of successful attempts at smashing individual atoms. However, as far as the demonstration of any practical results is concerned, they seem not to have been able to split large numbers of atoms in a single group. That is, they require for the splitting of each single atom a force that will disintegrate the electron orbit.

Part 5.

as far as the demonstration of any practical results is concerned, they seem not to have been able to split large numbers of atoms in a single group. That is, they require for the splitting of each single atom a force that will disintegrate the electron orbit. On the other hand, the stuff that the Germans are using has, apparently, a very much greater specific gravity than anything heretofore used. In this connection, allusions have been made to SIRIUS and stars of the "White Dwarf" group. (Their specific gravity is 1 thousand, and the weight of one cubic inch is 1 ton.) In general, atoms cannot be compressed into the nuclear density. However, the terrific pressures and extremes of temperature in the "White Dwarfs" cause the bursting of the atoms; and

Part 6.

There are, moreover, radiations from the exterior of these stars composed of what is left of the atoms which are only the nuclei, very small in volume. According to the English newspaper accounts, the German atom- splitting device is the NEUMAN disintegrator. Enormous energy is directed into the central part of the atom and this generates at atomic pressure of several tons of thousands of tons (sic) per square inch. This device can split the relatively unstable atoms of such elements as uranium. Moreover, it brings into being a store of explosive atomic energy.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Nuclear warhead. On a 1944 aircraft that could get from Germany to US. With 6 engines. And US military did not pull it out to study while 3 bodies were found and people even know waht color scheme it used for camuflage.
Sounds about right.

The witnesses described it had black and green camouflage, same as KG200 scheme for this famous Ju-290 Alles Kaput PJ+PS...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Ju 290 is 4 engine aircraft with BMW engines. To tell you the truth, after your post i searched few sites and Germans did have several types of experimental 6 engine aircrafts that in theory could have reached US.
From what i found:
Ju 390 had 6 engines (but also BMW)
And there was a flying boat with 6 engines and pretty long range, i forgot its name. Its engines were Junkers ones.
However the main point is - US military would not leave new model bomber wreck lying around right next to US shore, while knowing its exact location.
As for nuke aboard - this is even more improbable. Even disragarding total lack of evidence of German nuke, in 1944 Germans took serious beating in the East. Nuking Soviet forces made so much more sense.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Ju 290 is 4 engine aircraft with BMW engines. To tell you the truth, after your post i searched few sites and Germans did have several types of experimental 6 engine aircrafts that in theory could have reached US.
From what i found:
And there was a flying boat with 6 engines and pretty long range, i forgot its name. Its engines were Junkers ones.
However the main point is - US military would not leave new model bomber wreck lying around right next to US shore, while knowing its exact location.
As for nuke aboard - this is even more improbable. Even disragarding total lack of evidence of German nuke, in 1944 Germans took serious beating in the East. Nuking Soviet forces made so much more sense.

The Ju-390 V1 wearing the white fuselage stripe for North Africa worn by LTS.290
(note North Africa campaign ended in May 1943)

Blohm und Voss Bv222 Wiking flying boat C11 captured in Norway 1945:

The Allies were well familiar with the Ju-290 family having captured three damaged examples in North Africa.

The Nazis did use nukes against the Soviets experimentally in June 1943, then later in the siege of Sevastapol. There is no lack of evidence. There is definite evidence contained in declassified US Intelligence reports.

There is a lack of admission that the Germans developed nuclear weapons.

You clearly have not read or researched the topic.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The germans were ahead of their time in many fields, I would not be surprised if they managed to drop bombs on the US in late 1944.

But I highly doubt that the Germans had nukes, not that they couldnt build them, but they simply chose not to as it went against hitlers policy of lebensraum in the east (you cant reuse wasted land)

The Germans did use poison gas on the Eastern front, had they had nukes they would also have used them as last resort.

They did begin a nuclear program but it was too little too late.

If the germans had nukes by September 1944, they would have FIRST, nuked the allied troops in Normandy, In Italy, on the Eastern Front, most importantly they would have nuked the living hell out of London until the allies sued for peace.

It would have been much more accurate and sufficient to just nuke the nearby UK than go the whole way and try and get US with valuable nuke bomb and so little time.

it just doesn't add up

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Although I have this in support for the OP

First-ever atomic bomb developed by Nazi Germany?

and according to this: rommel is actually the bad guy who wanted to nuke the allies, but hitler rejected that idea:

What? you thought only America had nuclear weapons? Sorry, you missed reality. According to Dietrich's work (based on documents within DoD but not widely known in military historical circles, Germany had nuclear weapons and actually used one up in the area around Northeast of Germany in the Latvia/ Estonia area to halt a Russian advance from the north.

OK, you're thinking, why didn't Germany win WWII? Well, turns out that according to his research, if I followed the whole flow of it, Dietrich says Erwin Rommel (the "Desert Fox") had planned to use tactical nuclear weapons on Allied forces at Normandy. BUT Hitler said no to the plan because the Germans understood the biological risks and Hitler wasn't going to put the "purity" of the Aryan race in jeopardy.

So what followed was the famed (and foiled) plot against Hitler which has been memorialized in movies and books. But the backstory seems to be that the Plot was hatched because Rommel and his coconspirators we so angry that Hitler wouldn't use the one tool which could have laid waste to the Allies. Oh, noted Dietrich, talking to Wells: That's why Geiger counters were carried by Allied invasion forces at Normandy.

source

history is written by the victor, hence it is His-story, His story! get it?
edit on 7/4/2012 by RizeorDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

Originally posted by Koffee

Amazingly they did use nuclear weapons against Soviet forces...

Sorry, but your evidence in my post is some uncited Tokyo guy, reporting on rumors (feel free to give me the source). Nor does any else links seem to have something other then some guy's claim on Coast to Coast. Or in other words if you want to convince me of your position, please throw some sources my way.

Then you have the problem to account for the fact that Nazi Germany lost the war while supposedly having these superweapons. The question then remains, why didn't they use it on Moscow or Saint Petersburg or actually you know have it change the course of history instead of being wasted away?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
lol, the title

first, implying another imaginary one to come, even

the first and only nuke attack in our centuries has been BY usa

and likewise the only modern history atomic attack has been BY usa

and the only widescale radiological attack (100s of tons of uranium, including enriched uranium) has also been BY usa

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

From what i found:

Ah... The man who knows what "makes sense" to Adolf Hitler and Co... The arrogance of some of you never ceases to astound me. What if... Now bear with me... Just what if Hitler had an intelligence report with evidence that the US was the nation closest to perfecting the atomic bomb, ie, The Manhattan Project (I know this is quite a gamble on my part, but maybe you've heard of it...). Then wouldn't the number one priority be to destroy the place where the atomic bomb was being perfected?

That's just one example. I could think of several other. But if you can't then I truly feel sorry for you, and I surely will not waste my time going through each possibility here.

@ you knowing what makes sense to the Nazis...

Sometimes at moments like this I am ready to accept that we are truly doomed as a society... Then I remember that the continuation of our civilization often depends on the truth being hidden from those as dense as yourself, and then I'm quite thankful that it so often is.
edit on 8-4-2012 by 3n19m470 because: I have a dry sense of humor. In case you can't tell, I'm just giving you a hard time when I jab at you. I most definitely welcome the same in return. Can you play the game without losing your cool?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join