It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help please. Bungee video keeps opening up on Firehose page.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
For the past three days not always, but quite often, when I go on the firehose page a video opens up. This is the URL it goes to, except that I've changed the first letter from an 'h' to a 't' www.teavy.com...

It doesn't happen all the time, but it only happens on the firehose page. Have I picked up something, or is there a script on the firehose page itself perhaps?

Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Yeah, I got the same problem. I am trying to be real quick and click ''Stop Allow'' before it pops up but so far my western-movie-draw-like mouse click never succeeded.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Are you saying that it's an ATS ad? I haven't clicked on anything, yet I get whisked off to that site so fast, it feels like I'm in a UFO.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Thanks for the tip,that thing has been annoying me for weeks.I actually did a rant thread on it last week and thought someone on here was playing a joke on me

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Ads are regionalized, so we won't all get the same issue you're having. For example, the main ad on my firehose page is in Czech and is trying to sell me an I-phone.

However, I'd say an ad that forcibly takes you offsite is a no-no and so ATS/TAN admin would like to know about it so they can take action. I've contacted the mods and asked the matter to be referred on to them so it can be dealt with.

For site-specific tech issues like this, you can also use the "contact us" linky at the bottom of any page. I've had contact with the site admin in the past this way and they typically respond pretty promptly and have always been reasonable.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I am terrible for opening a few browsers at once. I was actually reading a thread while other browsers were sitting open and minimized on my taskbar, including the firehose page. The darn thing began to play on my taskbar. I really didn't know it was an ad. But it would make sense that it went off when the firehose page refreshed, I suppose.

Thanks for taking care of it. I was completely mystified and clueless about this.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It's an ad that they don't seem to want to acknowledge. I get redirected off the firehose at least once a day. I've gone into my cookie files and deleted cookies from heavy.com, which is where the redirect ad comes from.

If you have a couple of ats tabs going, it's less annoying, just close that tab when it goes, and you'll still have the other ats pages open.

People have been told it's a virus, it's not.
It's definitely an ad.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Please sit there and let hit happen to you, blocking such things is a violation of the Terms and Conditions.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

What?! ''Violation of Terms''?! Geez, and I thought it was just Bungee Jumping... Sounds like a very serious-faced bungee Jumping.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

What?! ''Violation of Terms''?! Geez, and I thought it was just Bungee Jumping... Sounds like a very serious-faced bungee Jumping.

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

By signing up you have surrendered control.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I see. Thanks for pointing the fine print. Fortunately I did not do anything to block these ads. I don't know how. Guess I'll sit back and check out these Bungee Jumping Options while I'm in middle of a conversation about freedom destroyed by Illuminati
It will just add a bit of humour in my browsing.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I deleted all the cookies and left the site until just now when with just a single tab open, I clicked on the firehose and was whisked away to heavy.com

When I went to right click on the back button to find ATS and return to it, there was nothing there at all, no ATS. So when I closed that heavy.com tab, it closed my browser. So yes, it replaced ATS in my browser.

Intending to open a browser again, I right-clicked on the browser icon. At the top of the mouse menu it says that AboutATS.com is pinned to my taskbar. Huh? I have not pinned this particular page to anything and I don't see it sitting on my taskbar.

However I just 'unpinned' it and am hoping for the best while I run another complete system scan. An ad does not behave this way usually. Did all this happen to you as well? This is so strange.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts

Originally posted by swan001

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

By signing up you have surrendered control.

My post is not about refusing an ad, if it is indeed an ad. Just to clarify, I first saw the video in a thread a few days ago, but I don't remember ever seeing an ad about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Happening to me as well, it's rather annoying at times hope the web guys can figure something and fix it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Daavin

I think it's a prank script that we picked up when we clicked on the link in the post. I don't recall seeing anything else pointing to that site on ATS other than the thread post.

After I deleted the cookies and did the above steps about unpinning, I --fingers crossed here-- I think I may have gotten rid of it. A scan showed nothing other than tracking cookies, so here's hoping.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I spoke too soon. It's back. I now realize that it's all over the membership. And for some reason i'm vaguely remembering a recent atypical anonymous video that some people labeled as malicious. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

XL5

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Just because a mod or some one high up doesn't see it, doesn't mean its not happening. Just as the world doesn't go away when I close my eyes.

Since typing this in another thread about the redirect, I got redirected. I suspect it IS an AD and ATS DOES allow them to trickle through to get us used to that kind of AD because they pay alot more! If some one hacked ATS, they should just say so, but if its like I suspect and it is an AD, they won't say anything. I too have done scans and nothing.

I have not gotten these redirects, however, I have gotten other stuff to the point I have alot of things disabled or set to notify. I just wish that when I see threads like this, that people didn't jump the gun and claim "virus for other site", but instead, ask enough questions/get enough answers to rule out what it is and what it is not.

In this case, its most likely coming from AD's hosted on ATS, to say otherwise would be just like those pre-typed "We are sorry for your bla bla bla" letters that just work on sheeple. Like how the reactor problem was handled by Japan's govt.. If Japan's govt. had told the truth and worked to solve the problem, sure there would be more fear for awhile and more people would have left, but they would have trusted the govt. alot more.

Same thing with web sites and the need to hide things behind the curtain. It wouldn't be that bad for some one who has the info (mod or owner) to pop in and say "such and such site paid our AD server alot of money for placement and then our AD server paid us alot to host this AD, but we had no clue it would be a redirect like this, we don't have people who look at the coding of AD's all day, but we know now and have disabled it". On the other hand, if it was an outside attack on ATS, they could say so and how you can block it as well as mention that they are fixing it. If it isn't a mistake or attack (see above) and it wasn't from another site, that only leaves a real good reason to NOT talk about it with ATS members.

I think a global Transparency Day would be great. It would be the one day that was not Halloween, the one day people could see the "man" behind the mask. A day where we could see the real reasons we are left in the dark, heh, it might be like Halloween for those of us that are somehow "too old" for Halloween.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
Just because a mod or some one high up doesn't see it, doesn't mean its not happening.

That is not true and you know it. That sounds like ignorant talk to me, you know what happens to those who don't deny ignorance?

Since typing this in another thread about the redirect, I got redirected. I suspect it IS an AD and ATS DOES allow them to trickle through to get us used to that kind of AD because they pay alot more! If some one hacked ATS, they should just say so, but if its like I suspect and it is an AD, they won't say anything. I too have done scans and nothing.

Ads are good ads are GREAT! ATS depends on those ads and honestly by complaining you are not denying ignorance. Take a look at this, it was written by Jason Lucas of GLP. Maybe it will help you understand.
www.ftc.gov...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by XL5
Just because a mod or some one high up doesn't see it, doesn't mean its not happening. Just as the world doesn't go away when I close my eyes.
Most (if not all) of the ads today are targeted to particular attributes of the Internet user, the most common being the country from which that user is seeing the page, so it's common for some people to see some ads while others never see them.

In all the cases that have happened through the many years I am an ATS member, I never saw one of the ads that was bothering other members.

Living in Portugal has some advantages.

Since typing this in another thread about the redirect, I got redirected. I suspect it IS an AD and ATS DOES allow them to trickle through to get us used to that kind of AD because they pay alot more!
I doubt those ads pay more, but ads markets is something I know nothing about.

In this case, its most likely coming from AD's hosted on ATS, to say otherwise would be just like those pre-typed "We are sorry for your bla bla bla" letters that just work on sheeple.
As far as I know there aren't any ads hosted on ATS, ATS uses an external company to take care of that.

There's a thread for reporting the ads that disrupt your ATS use, here, and as it says on the opening post, annoying ads "make it difficult for members to avoid the temptation to use ad blockers", so they are always seen as a bad thing. extra DIV

top topics

<<   2 >>

join