It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Importance of a balanced pH

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
The table I posted more as a visual aide than a medically researched table. It was on the site I discovered about the importance of pH so I put it on here so people could get an idea of what I was talking about.

Actually anyone wanting to check a particular food can follow the links I posted and check the food out for themselves.

The reason I posted is because after looking at the formula for PRAL I noticed that what makes something acidic or alkaline is the amount of protein and phosphorous compared to the amount of calcium, magnesium and potassium they contain. First thing that came to mind was to check artificial sweeteners and HFCS and sure enough they don't have any of the above so they are neutral. Most oils are the same. Prunes on the other hand come in at -13.375 twice that of, the supposed cancer killer, maple syrup but it managed to be placed in the very acidic column on that table.

Know I'm not going to try to convince anyone that sugar, HFCS, aspertame and sucralose are not poison. The point is that they are not acidic so what makes them bad is something other than that but many of the sites that promote alkaline diets seem to be painting things with a rather wide brush and the information found in them shouldn't be accepted blindly.

I absolutely agree, as i said I am no expert in this field by any means. I just had an idea and did some very basic digging. The props should go to all the other posters who contributed to this thread. I only started it, they made it what it is.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. I have been using the chart wisely!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not but....

I drink Organic Applecider vinegar everyday.
A couple of teaspoons in a large glass of distilled or spring water 3x a day will do the trick.
I am not even going to go into all of the health benefits but one is the fact that it balances your bodys PH levels and brings it into a more Alkaline state.

People have been doing it for thousands of years the least of which was with Hippocrates himself.

If you don't know of this already I would strongly urge you to educate yourself on it.
Maybe I'll do a thread on it soon.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

A couple of teaspoons in a large glass of distilled or spring water 3x a day will do the trick.
I am not even going to go into all of the health benefits but one is the fact that it balances your bodys PH levels and brings it into a more Alkaline state.

People have been doing it for thousands of years the least of which was with Hippocrates himself.

If you don't know of this already I would strongly urge you to educate yourself on it.

Got myself some Bi carb soda just need to get my hands on some molasses and I can start getting my pH back to normal.

So far i have been having a glass of lime juice everyday for the last week and im feeling better. Skin is also starting to clear up. No more acne.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

The reason it has to be distilled/springwater is because tap water will friggin KILL the live bacteria in the cider which is the main ingrediant that is needed. Those little bugs work wonders on your body and all of the chemicals in tap water will kill'em dead.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I wanted to let you all know that if you are trying to make your body pH alkaline that you can NOT, as in not even a sip of soda or Gatorade or anything like it. These types of drinks are so acidic that it takes at least 25 glasses of the alkaline 9.5 pH Kangen water to overcome it.

I do this as a presentation for people and you should see the looks on their faces when it takes that many glasses to turn the soda alkaline.

Also Reverse Osmosis water in Japan is referred to as "Dead" water because it has been stripped of anything that is remotely healthy for your body. In fact the reverse osmosis water like Dasani that people seem to like to drink from the bottle takes vitamins and minerals out of your body because water wants to correct itself from it own deficiencies.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SungodRAH
I do this as a presentation for people and you should see the looks on their faces when it takes that many glasses to turn the soda alkaline.

I'm sorry but that demo is flawed. It has already been pointed out that outside the body something may be acidic (e.g. lime juice) but it has an alkalizing effect once digested. What is the point of showing how hard it is to alkalize something outside the body when it may, in fact, end up alkaline after digestion.

I can't really say if kangen water works or not but I did read up on it and it seems that besides the machine, which is little more than an overpriced ionizer (water filter with an electrolysis stage), clients have to add special mineral salts. You could probably just add the salts to just about any water and and up with "kangen" water. Using MLM to sell also raises a red flag for me.

edit on 17-4-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by SungodRAH

I'm sorry but that demo is flawed. It has already been pointed out that outside the body something may be acidic (e.g. lime juice) but it has an alkalizing effect once digested. What is the point of showing how hard it is to alkalize something outside the body when it may, in fact, end up alkaline after digestion.

I can't really say if kangen water works or not but I did read up on it and it seems that besides the machine, which is little more than an overpriced ionizer (water filter with an electrolysis stage), clients have to add special mineral salts. You could probably just add the salts to just about any water and and up with "kangen" water. Using MLM to sell also raises a red flag for me.

edit on 17-4-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

Im in sales so I know a sales pitch when I hear one and the Kangen demo video looks too salesy for my liking. Also you bring up an excellent point about ingesting one thing and the body producing another. Drinking alkaline might not necessarily make the body more alkaline.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

First of all I want to thank the OP for bringing this one up.

This is an account of my own experiment on myself with my ph level.

Now I do not have Cancer but I am a healthy person I exercise, gave up sugar 5 years ago. I do not smoke. On occasions I have a glass of wine and I eat as healthy as I can with the occasional piece of meat or something sweet.I really believed my PH is neutral.

I bought the strips and did the test without doing anything I was at 5.5 and 6 on certain days.Now I want to remind you I drink water , green tea and fresh 100% orange juice on daily basis so the result really took me by SURPRISE.

1 week and a half ago I started the process of alkalizing my body within 5 days I reached 8.0 PH Level.

This is how I did it:

In the morning half teaspoon of baking soda Arm &Hammer with half of a lime squeezed in it. It does wonders it tastes good and the lime is not acidic as many believe.

Before my main meal half an hour I take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a teaspoon of 100% maple syrup with a halfof lime and a more than half teaspoon of baking soda.
I mix it in a glass of water and it tastes awesome on some occasions I add chilly powder to the mixture.

In the evening before I go to sleep a teaspoon of baking soda with water just that.

First of all this does not cost a lot of money so is easy to follow and mantain.

Second I have noticed that before when i used to take just apple cider vinegar i would pee all the time after i did the mixture with baking soda and maple syrup and all that I mentioned above I would not use the bathroom so much for pee.

Second I used to be constipated the maple syrup and chilly powder will do justice when it comes to that.

It took me a while to refine this but now I know it works.

It keeps my PH level at 8 on a daily basis.

Now keep in mind I eat meat once in a while , I have chocolate and a coffee once in a while I eat sweets once in a while BUT I do not Drink MILK I have notice that it does not help with my PH level.

I try to eat very rare yogurt and I eat cheese almost every day but a very small quantity like a small size.

Now if I was to have cancer I WOULD NOT under any circumstance have any kind of MEAT or Dairy Products ..none ..they do not help they should be eliminated from a diet of someone who wants to get well from a major illness.

This is based on my own research and trial and error.

Use flaxseeds I buy them milled so is easy to digest and flax seed oil is really really good for you.

Hope this will help someone.

Namaste

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lisa2012

First of all I want to thank the OP for bringing this one up.

This is an account of my own experiment on myself with my ph level.

Now I do not have Cancer but I am a healthy person I exercise, gave up sugar 5 years ago. I do not smoke. On occasions I have a glass of wine and I eat as healthy as I can with the occasional piece of meat or something sweet.I really believed my PH is neutral.

I bought the strips and did the test without doing anything I was at 5.5 and 6 on certain days.Now I want to remind you I drink water , green tea and fresh 100% orange juice on daily basis so the result really took me by SURPRISE.

1 week and a half ago I started the process of alkalizing my body within 5 days I reached 8.0 PH Level.

This is how I did it:

In the morning half teaspoon of baking soda Arm &Hammer with half of a lime squeezed in it. It does wonders it tastes good and the lime is not acidic as many believe.

Before my main meal half an hour I take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a teaspoon of 100% maple syrup with a halfof lime and a more than half teaspoon of baking soda.
I mix it in a glass of water and it tastes awesome on some occasions I add chilly powder to the mixture.

In the evening before I go to sleep a teaspoon of baking soda with water just that.

First of all this does not cost a lot of money so is easy to follow and mantain.

Second I have noticed that before when i used to take just apple cider vinegar i would pee all the time after i did the mixture with baking soda and maple syrup and all that I mentioned above I would not use the bathroom so much for pee.

Second I used to be constipated the maple syrup and chilly powder will do justice when it comes to that.

It took me a while to refine this but now I know it works.

It keeps my PH level at 8 on a daily basis.

Now keep in mind I eat meat once in a while , I have chocolate and a coffee once in a while I eat sweets once in a while BUT I do not Drink MILK I have notice that it does not help with my PH level.

I try to eat very rare yogurt and I eat cheese almost every day but a very small quantity like a small size.

Now if I was to have cancer I WOULD NOT under any circumstance have any kind of MEAT or Dairy Products ..none ..they do not help they should be eliminated from a diet of someone who wants to get well from a major illness.

This is based on my own research and trial and error.

Use flaxseeds I buy them milled so is easy to digest and flax seed oil is really really good for you.

Hope this will help someone.

Namaste

hya
thats what i said in my post earlier
Bicarbonate of soda BORWICKS product
bloody amazeing stuff
i swear by it

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Now I do not want to make 100% affirmation but this is what happened.

I have been doing the treatment as mentioned above in my post for the past 2 weeks now. I have been doing it every single day with no fail and I have my PH level in the 8 on daily bases.

This is what happened and is actually the reason why I started this because I wanted to see if it will work. I have a lymph node behind my year for the past 12 years. All doctors could not make this node go away. Sometimes it hurts sometimes it does not. But it is always raised and never flat. I had treatment before and it never worked. I have never wanted a biopsy or anything done on it.

Now after this 2 weeks is completely flat. I can feel the size is reduced to something small underneath the skin is not completely gone but is not inflamed and raised anymore.

Now I do not know if this is Placebo effect because I believed the Bicarbonate will treat this issue but whoever is out there and has maybe a similar problem should try and see what happens. It worked for me. Is not gone but is flat as it has never been before.

I will keep updates as to what will go on in the future month.

Namaste

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

Isn't there a lot of sodium in baking soda? I know if one is ingesting several teaspoons of baking soda daily, one would probably really have to watch their sodium intake the rest of the day, right? That would be my concern. Lime juice or apple cider vinegar, on the other hand, doesn't have any sodium.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Isn't there a lot of sodium in baking soda? I know if one is ingesting several teaspoons of baking soda daily, one would probably really have to watch their sodium intake the rest of the day, right? That would be my concern. Lime juice or apple cider vinegar, on the other hand, doesn't have any sodium.

That is an excellent question. The fact is I do not take more than 2 teaspoons a day all together. When I use the teaspoon I do not full it up . Supposedly 10gr of sodium is ok. The 2 teaspoons would be a little under that. So it is safe.

The strangest thing is this in my case. I am super sensitive to salt I get very puffy from salt and salty foods. I assume because is mixed with the lime and everything else I just do not get puffy or anything the next day. I also do not eat salty with my extra food intake throughout the day.

I have heard of people taking 2 fULL Spoons of baking soda a day and not have salt issues I believe is the way of how the body is processing the salt in the alkaline environment. But I have no knowledge on that I will do some research on it and come back with a better answer.

This is a quote :

pH is the regulatory authority that controls most cellular processes. The pH balance of the human bloodstream is recognized by medical physiology texts as one of the most important biochemical balances in all of human body chemistry.
pH is the acronym for "Potential Hydrogen". In definition, it is the degree of concentration of hydrogen ions in a substance or solution. It is measured on a logarithmic scale from 0 to 14. Higher numbers mean a substance is more alkaline in nature and there is a greater potential for absorbing more hydrogen ions. Lower numbers indicate more acidity with less potential for absorbing hydrogen ions.

Our body pH is very important because pH controls the speed of our body's biochemical reactions. It does this by controlling the speed of enzyme activity as well as the speed that electricity moves through our body; the higher (more alkaline) the pH of a substance or solution, the more electrical resistance that substance or solution holds. Therefore, electricity travels slower with higher pH. If we say something has an acid pH, we are saying it is hot and fast. Alkaline pH on the other hand, bio-chemically speaking, is slow and cool.

Body ph level changes are intense in the profundity of their biological effects. Even genes directly experience external pH. pH differentially regulates a large number of proteins.

Increased oxidative stress, which correlates almost exponentially with ph changes into the acidic, is especially dangerous to the mitochondria, which suffer the greatest under oxidative duress.

. Please note that sodium bicarbonate taken in water alone will have a powerful effect on entire body physiology because of the instant shift into alkaline pH levels.

Bicarbonate can be taken frequently throughout the day with half teaspoons amounts though for long term use lower doses are safer. For cancer patients initial use should be heavy and frequent to force a greater shift because smaller pH shifts can actually stimulate cancer growth.

Source :www.alkalizeforhealth.net...

So I guess increments of half teaspoons couple of times a day I would say no more than 3 just to stay safe and be under the 10 grams of salt a day.

Also 1/8 Teaspoon is 0.6 grams of sodium bicarbonate. So 1 Teaspoon falls short of 5 grams

Hope this helps.

edit on 29-4-2012 by lisa2012 because: to add

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Awesome thread. I passed the link to this thread along to some family and friends in hopes that they may learn something that could help them out. I for one have been trying to switch to a more vegatarian diet and threads and information like this really help inspire me to learn more. Thanks for all the useful info. and discussion.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Thanks for the response. I am willing to give this a try. I just ordered some PH test strips, so we'll see where I stand now. Like you, I have always considered myself healthy (eat right, exercise, don't smoke, etc.), but we'll see where my actual PH balance is.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Thanks for the response. I am willing to give this a try. I just ordered some PH test strips, so we'll see where I stand now. Like you, I have always considered myself healthy (eat right, exercise, don't smoke, etc.), but we'll see where my actual PH balance is.

Please post your results and if you start the treatment keep some notes of your progress this way we can help other people and show them that is relatively easy to change your PH Balance.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It sounds logical to have a balanced ph, but not exactly a higher or lower ph means that a pool is going to be green.

I say this because in the last week I have seen how a friend pool was green and the ph balance was ok, at first he thinks that it need to lower the ph of the water because it was slightly of the ph middle, but after he lowers the ph the other day the pool was still green, then because he has lowered too much the ph he rise the ph and the next day his pool was still green.

The only solution to have a crystal clear pool was to use a product that kills the green algae.

If we follow this example with the body you will understand that sometimes to kill bacteria inside the body you will need more than a balanced ph and that is drugs.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lke123

Pools don't have an immune system. We do.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lke123
It sounds logical to have a balanced ph, but not exactly a higher or lower ph means that a pool is going to be green.

I say this because in the last week I have seen how a friend pool was green and the ph balance was ok, at first he thinks that it need to lower the ph of the water because it was slightly of the ph middle, but after he lowers the ph the other day the pool was still green, then because he has lowered too much the ph he rise the ph and the next day his pool was still green.

The only solution to have a crystal clear pool was to use a product that kills the green algae.

If we follow this example with the body you will understand that sometimes to kill bacteria inside the body you will need more than a balanced ph and that is drugs.

I will disagree with your statement. First of all our body is much more complex than how the pool is influenced by PH level. I do believe that you can not make a comparison.

The PH Level is influencing us at cell level hence it is important how balanced our PH is. Every drug we take is acidic it may help us in certain situations but we all know it is toxic to the body.

In general a body that has a balanced PH or slightly Alkaline is much more healthy than a body that is acidic.

Now in certain cancer situations people believe that by taking the drugs and chemo they will have a chance to be cured and that is because the treatment is so aggressive that they believe it is attacking the cancer cells and this approach has a better chance to succeed in killing the cancer cell. Sometimes this approach is not only affecting and killing other functions or parts of the body but is also affecting the soul of the person .This aspect is never addressed by the doctors that recommend this treatment .

Some people that are taking the alternative approach are doing this especially because certain treatments are not so intrusive you always have to look at the quality of life hence a good approach , a balance PH anything preventive is better than taking drugs.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join