It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Importance of a balanced pH

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

TextIn my quest for the answer I came across a very interesting site regarding the importance and implications of maintaining a healthy body included a balanced or slightly Alkaline PH. According to the information on the site bad bacteria, viruses and even cancers thrive in highly acidic bodies. I cant confirm or deny this so if somebody has further info to add please feel free to do so.
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

For what it is worth. Back in the forties I was hit with some shrapnel in the left neck and ear. Had field operation and after war was mended pretty well, or so I thought. Few years went by and started to have trouble with neck movement and headaches. Was thought to be just scar tissue and VA could not find anything else. As years rolled by this became worse till I could not function at all. Was listed as Hypochondriac by both VA and private ENT's. To cut long story short mutated into cancer of the neck and shoulder. Found by an old retired ENT doctor friend of family. Operated and lost good portion of left neck and shoulder and all of larynx.

The doctor friend of family gave me some PH strips and told me to keep my PH as alkaline as possible for rest of my life. He also told me that Cancer cannot live in a alkaline body. This was back in the fifties and am now going on ninety. Lots of dark green vegees and lots of fruit. No SALT and no SUGAR. Otherwise live normally. I did not smoke or drink but do not know if that would have made a difference. I was also told back then that sugar feeds cancer as well as clogs arteries. Salt should be kept down below 2000 mg per day. Just relating what happened to me and may not apply to you. I note that some of this is being repeated by MD's today..

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Seede

Hi sir
wow thats a testement in itself
do you mind if i ask
when,where and training?
i was lucky in my teenage years
i was able to talk to a couple of ww1 vets (brits)
and they were proud to show me their shrapnel lodged in places where it was difficult to remove
you should have seen their face light up explaining when the matal detectors went of in the airports
also the pot shots they took of low flying biplanes over the trenches..

edit on 8-4-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am purchasing a store that my wife has been working at since November of last year. They sell Kangen water machines that can create custom waters with pH from 2.5 all the way up to 11.5

The 2.5 water is very acidic and will in fact kill MRSA virus and hundreds of other virus's and bacteria within 30 seconds. This water smells like chlorine when it is fresh. We keep spray bottles of it around the house and spray the bathrooms and kitchen counters with it to kill bad stuff.

The 5.5 water is good for your skin and cooking. When cooking with this water you will notice all of the nasty white foamy stuff come out of your meat. That is growth hormones and other nasty stuff.

The 8.5, 9.0 and 9.5 waters are for drinking and I have personally witnessed these waters save the lives of many very ill people. As an example, my wife has a good friend from San Fran that has HIV, since taking this water on a regular basis he has been able to get off of his meds that help him to keep his white blood cell count up because the water does it for him. It is not so much the pH of the water that does the trick though, it is the ORP which stands for Oxygen Reduction Potential, that basically means "What is the potential of it to remove oxidation from your system". As you may or may not know Oxidation in the human body is also referred to as Free Radicals.

Kangen water also has smaller molecules than regular water. Its called micro clustering and you can not find it in many other places. Due to the micro clustering of this water it is almost immediately absorbed into your body once ingested.

You know how when you drink a ton of water you can hear and feel the water sloshing around in your stomach and it may last for an hour or so. With Kangen water you can drink as much as you want and because it is absorbed so fast into the body you will not have this effect.

The 11.5 water is a degreaser and overall cleaner, you can do the laundry, clean the carpet and pretty much whatever you want. I dump some of this on my BBQ grill and in less than 5 minutes I can make the entire thing look brand new. This water will also pull the pesticides and nasty crap out of your fruit and veggis in about 30 minutes. It makes you food fresh and clean and crisp. Even organic (which is what we buy) has a bunch of crap in it.

This water is amazing and if you can find it in your home town somewhere I suggest getting on it. Like my new store many offer a month of water for free up to ten gallons a day and then after that they try to get you to buy one or charge you $1 a gallon for drinking water.

If anybody has any questions about Kangen water I'm more than happy to carry on.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You are wrong. Talk to a competent nurse or biologist or doctor. They will tell you that after processing that the effect is alkaline. Overly acidic blood is the cause of heart disease and food therapy works and so does breathing enough. It is not intuitive and surprised me also, but for this chemical reaction I allow myself to trust these professionals. (not always)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SungodRAH

hya
please do carry on
im very interested
dave

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Do you have more information on this that can be read?

Great input, thanks!

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Alkaline-Ionized Water – Needed or all Hype?
If our body has its own protections and buffers to keep our blood pH at optimal levels, why do we really need to drink alkaline-ionized water?

There are many reason for this:

Most of us do not eat truly healthy diets
Most of us live very stressful and hectic lifestyles
We eat a lot of processed and acid producing foods
The current water, even if we think it is healthy is usually “dead” or worse
Our body is over 70% water, if we put good water into it, it is going to have a positive affect vs. putting contaminated or less healthy water in.

Source

A review of Kagan Water:

Facts about Kangen water ionizers and the water they produce which is marketed as Kangen water.
Fact 1. Kangen water is alkaline ionized water which they call Kangen water as a marketing term.
Don’t be fooled by Kangen meetings or Kangen multi level marketing which terms the alkaline ionized water as Kangen Water. Kangen water is exactly the same water as that from every other water ionizer device from every other water ionizer brand. There is nothing different or better in kangen water, and it is only a marketing term.

For more info

Could someone be trying to make a buck? Do you blame them? Buyer always beware....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The website truecancerfacts.com that you're citing seems to be a great example of medical quackery -- ignorant of real scientific findings -- whose directive is to sell useless products, like zeolite, linked to their website. The vast majority of the information therein is not cited at all. When the author(s) -- whomever they may be -- claim the provided information is from a credible source, it is not cited properly and no links are given so that the reader can verify the information.

I'm not doubting the importance of body pH. It's obviously important. However, the efficacy of that website is at best questionable. I couldn't find a single legitimate website that supports the claims made on truecancerfacts.com.

Peace

edit on 8-4-2012 by darkmistandtrees because: Too much stuff

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
hate to say it but this is like, old news. They have been recommending keeping the body slightly alkaline for decades.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

I assure you sir, the health benefits of this water are in fact true. Instead of believing everything you read you should go try it for a month free. Most people notice the difference right away, then after a month they don't want to drink anything but Kangen.

The reason I'm getting involved as a distributor is because I have seen it help hundreds of people since I have been around it in November. I bought my machine in January after saving 5k to get it. That's how much I believe in it.

They use the Kangen water machines in hospitals in Japan, they give it to the patients, clean with it, sterilize surgical tools, everything.

Just because the FDA does not want you to be healthy and they spread disinformation about everything, does not mean that there are no benefits.

For more information on Kangen: www.oregonwaterstore.com...

For the record this is not my site, it belongs to a competitor.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Here is a demonstration on the 2 properties of Kangen water compared to several popular bottled waters, tap water, soda, sport water etc.

The sound sucks but the demo is pretty dang good.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I assure you Sir....My signature says I'm Female. Due to my family experiencing health problems I have tried to become more proactive in trying to provide a healthy diet...

I'm currently reading...Is Alkaline Water Snake Oil?
Source

and now I'm reading...Exposing the Quack Behind the Alkaline Water Quackwatchers

Source

edit on 8-4-2012 by relocator because: added new link

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

My bad, i did not see your sig.

Here is the last im going to say in regards to the water.....find a place and try it. Dont listen to all the bs from disenfranchised people. This water works and it allows your body to heal faster and better for so many things.

Go to youtube and search for kangen testimonials

Again sorry about the sir thing, honest mistake.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky

i just want to let you know about this guy who by altering his ph cured his prostate cancer with 2 household foods.

he has made a short video and it is really awesome.

www.youtube.com...

this could be related to your post.

any thoughts?

Awesome video

I also came across this video about acid blood vs alkaline

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I find it interesting that the Goji has the same effect on the blood cells as an Ionic Footbath which is another non FDA approved medical technology that we use. Of course you can find all kinds of stuff online about how not effective and how much of a scam they are but we do laboratory tests to see the results first hand.

if you watch the first 3 minutes of this video you will see similar results:

www.youtube.com...

This is a blood test that we did in house to see the effect that putting a low DC pulse electrical charge into the water that you place your feet into. The test showed nearly the same results with the blood cells stacked up like coins and looking very unhealthy to free flowing dynamic blood flow with no cells stacked.

It makes me wonder if the foot bath is having an alkalizing affect on the blood or if it is different.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
It all began today while I was squeezing some fresh lime juice.....

Thanks for posting the chart. I was going to start looking that stuff up. I know that after going several weeks using coffee I feel like total crap and switch to tea.

I was fairly sure it was due to PH but didn't know for sure if coffee was acidic. Now I see that it is, and that backs up my personal hunch.

I'm planning to pick up some bicarbonate soda... Time to get the ol' PH up directly.

Reminds me of the old guy who cured his cancer with baking soda and maple syrup, he got his PH up pretty high and held it there, got a little nauseous I guess but it worked.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Just wanted to thank you for posting this. I haven't the time to read this whole thread now, but I have flagged it for later.

I swear by lemon juice and baking soda to cure any illness (viral or bacterial). I also give it to my daughter. She will ask for it if she is feeling ill. For over a year now, I haven't had a cold, ear infection, eye infection, flu or anything and neither has my 5 year old. She has perfect attendance in kindergarten which is almost unheard of.

My husband for some reason is resistant to trying it and he gets EVERY bug going.

A couple of years ago I almost died with an H1N1 bug, I wish I had known about pH effect on the body back then.

Great post!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by djmarcone
I was fairly sure it was due to PH but didn't know for sure if coffee was acidic. Now I see that it is, and that backs up my personal hunch.

I like to keep an open mind about things but the chart in the OP seems to be wrong. Just like Bedlam pointed out in earlier posts, the closest thing to actual science is PRAL. Using the info in the USDA Nutritional Database and a PRAL calculator I came up with both coffee and black tea being slightly alkaline and coffee being a little more alkaline than black tea. Another shocker was white refined sugar being slightly alkaline as well, actually at -0.055. Far from maple syrup's -6.23 but still not acidic.

Maybe pH is just to simple to be a good an indicator of how good or bad a food is but in any case that chart seems to have been put together with a good amount of bias.

edit on 9-4-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by djmarcone

I like to keep an open mind about things but the chart in the OP seems to be wrong. Just like Bedlam pointed out in earlier posts, the closest thing to actual science is PRAL. Using the info in the USDA Nutritional Database and a PRAL calculator I came up with both coffee and black tea being slightly alkaline and coffee being a little more alkaline than black tea. Another shocker was white refined sugar being slightly alkaline as well, actually at -0.055. Far from maple syrup's -6.23 but still not acidic.

Maybe pH is just to simple to be a good an indicator of how good or bad a food is but in any case that chart seems to have been put together with a good amount of bias.

edit on 9-4-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

The table I posted more as a visual aide than a medically researched table. It was on the site I discovered about the importance of pH so I put it on here so people could get an idea of what I was talking about.

If someone can find a more accurate diagram or table showing the acidic reactions in the body I will ask the mods to replace it with it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
The table I posted more as a visual aide than a medically researched table. It was on the site I discovered about the importance of pH so I put it on here so people could get an idea of what I was talking about.

Actually anyone wanting to check a particular food can follow the links I posted and check the food out for themselves.

The reason I posted is because after looking at the formula for PRAL I noticed that what makes something acidic or alkaline is the amount of protein and phosphorous compared to the amount of calcium, magnesium and potassium they contain. First thing that came to mind was to check artificial sweeteners and HFCS and sure enough they don't have any of the above so they are neutral. Most oils are the same. Prunes on the other hand come in at -13.375 twice that of, the supposed cancer killer, maple syrup but it managed to be placed in the very acidic column on that table.

Know I'm not going to try to convince anyone that sugar, HFCS, aspertame and sucralose are not poison. The point is that they are not acidic so what makes them bad is something other than that but many of the sites that promote alkaline diets seem to be painting things with a rather wide brush and the information found in them shouldn't be accepted blindly.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join