It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Importance of a balanced pH

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
The point im trying to make is that I understand and acknowledge the importance of maintaining a balanced pH. Im here to find the best possible way to achieve it not debate the process of how it occurs. It would be great to get an understanding of how it happens but that is secondary to the primary objective of fixing my body first.

If i am being pursued by a dangerous threat and my only means of escape is a car with the keys in the ignition I will most certainly NOT stop to try and understand the inner working of the engine or the gear box or the fuel injection. What I will do is jump in the car turn it on and get the hell our of harms way. When I am in more of a safe location I might pull the car over and look into the inner working of how the car works. For the moment im quite happy that it does what it does.

I don't want to jump into a cardboard box with "KAR" written on the side in crayolas, though.

Two big questions become - how do you know that the food chart is real or something pulled out of a vegan's hindparts, and how do you know you need to be any particular pH, same question. Your body has a lot of ways that it balances out such things to the values IT wants. Is it a good idea pro or con to try to bias that?

The PRAL thing seems to be where the chart originated, still looking into that. At least someone had an idea where it came from, this is the first time someone's been able to come up with a lead that looks promising.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

The point im trying to make is that I understand and acknowledge the importance of maintaining a balanced pH. Im here to find the best possible way to achieve it not debate the process of how it occurs. It would be great to get an understanding of how it happens but that is secondary to the primary objective of fixing my body first.

If i am being pursued by a dangerous threat and my only means of escape is a car with the keys in the ignition I will most certainly NOT stop to try and understand the inner working of the engine or the gear box or the fuel injection. What I will do is jump in the car turn it on and get the hell our of harms way. When I am in more of a safe location I might pull the car over and look into the inner working of how the car works. For the moment im quite happy that it does what it does.

I don't want to jump into a cardboard box with "KAR" written on the side in crayolas, though.

Two big questions become - how do you know that the food chart is real or something pulled out of a vegan's hindparts, and how do you know you need to be any particular pH, same question. Your body has a lot of ways that it balances out such things to the values IT wants. Is it a good idea pro or con to try to bias that?

The PRAL thing seems to be where the chart originated, still looking into that. At least someone had an idea where it came from, this is the first time someone's been able to come up with a lead that looks promising.

I think If you jumped into a cardboard box with KAR written in crayon and it didnt move you would jump back out just as quick and keep running. As I said before I DONT CARE why it does what it does as long as it DOES IT. If a cardboard box drove like a car and it was the only way to get out of a sticky situation are you saying you wouldnt take it? Obviously we know that isnt going to happen but if you saw it was possible would you let your logical understanding of physics prevent you from using the cardboard car? I think not.

Just to clarify im not saying cars made of of cardboard can actually move on their own accord. It was merely a metaphor.
edit on 7-4-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Great thread all, appreciate the info. I have been telling everyone I can about the benefits of limes. Also good when applied externally for acne. Stings, but is incredibly effective.

I read long ago about the importance of alkalinity long ago, and have posted on the site many times recommending this as a way to avoid cancer, or possible cure.

One point I would like to make, is that some of the foods that are the most alkaline, also work to lower testosterone, which is not good. Might want to look more into that.

Never heard before that tomato does not go well with meat and pasta. I love tomato based sauces with meat. I have always heard that tomato is very good for the health. I guess one should always have a salad with spaghetti.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ok. The entire PRAL thing is very interesting, and looks like it's worth further reading. The scholarly papers that I see on alkaline end product diets use PRAL.

However, the PRAL charts do not seem to correlate to the OP's acid-alkaline chart. At all. PRAL isn't measured in pH anyway. Ignoring the units issue, there's also not a relational correlation. That is, if you just ignore the pH vs PRAL's calculated mEQ of acid/alkali, many of the foods don't match. For example (and it's true for a lot of the food here) the OP table shows bananas as being less alkaline than apples, in terms of end product, which is significantly against PRAL, and the same for, say, green tea and beer, which are about equal in terms of metabolic acidity in lab PRAL measurements vs the OP chart which shows beer as being wildly acidic.

Most PRAL charts seem to correlate pretty well to each other. I'd say if you wanted to go by peer-reviewed research on alkaline diets, and there's a lot of data there that looks interesting, you'd likely have to go by PRAL and ignore the chart in the OP, which is the sort of thing I was concerned about.

Luckily, strawberries and citrus are ok on PRAL. Unfortunately, it looks like apricots, which aren't fit for human consumption, are the best fruit for alkalinity.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Actually, the juice of citrus fruit is quite acid. Not alkaline.

Your kidneys, if working properly, will balance the pH of your blood by excreting protons into the urine and by retaining sodium bicarbonate and releasing it into the blood. Bicarbonate is a buffer, and will tend to hold the pH of a solution containing it around neutral.

Yes but by taking the citrus juices it cause the body to go alkaline... organic apple cider vinegar will also work as will baking soda that is aluminum free...
edit on 7-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
this has been one of the better threads i have seen on here lately, finally something that is going to positively impact my life.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRottenTreats
this has been one of the better threads i have seen on here lately, finally something that is going to positively impact my life.

Thank you, Someone told me to stop complaining about the pointless and stupid threads people start on here and contribute something of value and so I thought this might be a good start. I have to thank all the people that contributed their knowledge towards helping keeping this current. This forum has so much potential if only we could harness it properly.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Wow, good job, I really enjoyed the way you look at (PH) Lemons to Potatoes -or- Vinegar to Soda crackers.
I could even say your Hypothesis is like the gate way drug for the [don't get it's] to at least get the jist ! ! !
In horticulture it's a big deal for soil conditions for different types of plants at different stages of growth & so on...
So Thanks again: DUB

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I will say this, I come originally from the country with a link to culture as old as 2 thousand years. They do believe that certain foods have heating or cooling effects on the body as they call it. In a picture I will post later I noticed all the foods we as kids were told was "heating" were acidic and the ones termed "cooling" were alkaline. There terms are local colloquialisms and have no actual bearing on temperatures.

You have Chinese roots

I have studied this system very well too. No doubt you know that all body parts are associated with an element, and all foods as well. The perfect way to balance your body is to balance your foods
As to the terms being "local colloquialisms", 'lost in translation' comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stAtrill

I will say this, I come originally from the country with a link to culture as old as 2 thousand years. They do believe that certain foods have heating or cooling effects on the body as they call it. In a picture I will post later I noticed all the foods we as kids were told was "heating" were acidic and the ones termed "cooling" were alkaline. There terms are local colloquialisms and have no actual bearing on temperatures.

You have Chinese roots

I have studied this system very well too. No doubt you know that all body parts are associated with an element, and all foods as well. The perfect way to balance your body is to balance your foods
As to the terms being "local colloquialisms", 'lost in translation' comes to mind.

Not Chinese, but south east Asia.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
So ...basically you are selling Zeolite as a cure for cancer if I read all of the material you have linked here...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

i just want to let you know about this guy who by altering his ph cured his prostate cancer with 2 household foods.

he has made a short video and it is really awesome.

www.youtube.com...

this could be related to your post.

any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I suppose this makes sense. I make sure my plants keep a balanced ph so why shouldn't i do the same?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by strokker
So ...basically you are selling Zeolite as a cure for cancer if I read all of the material you have linked here...

Really? I think you posted to the wrong thread because I don't see any possible link between Zeolite, or anyone trying to sell anyone anything on this thread.

If you have information on a connection to curing cancer, by all means, please post it.

But if you're just trolling and trying to detract from a great thread that is trying to raise awareness for people to better their health, you should move along...

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky

i just want to let you know about this guy who by altering his ph cured his prostate cancer with 2 household foods.

he has made a short video and it is really awesome.

www.youtube.com...

this could be related to your post.

any thoughts?

Check one of my previous posts... I added a link from a medical journal that talks about changing the pH in the tumor and how it will prevent metastases and even kills the tumor and cancer cells.

This video is also a great example of someone who shows that changing your pH can keep cancer at bay.

For anyone who can't watch the video, the site it points to is www.phkillscancer.com... - and the video is a demonstration of making a high pH solution using baking soda and molasses to raise your pH significantly. The man in the video was diagnosed with stage 4 terminal prostate cancer and was told he would die. He has been drinking a baking soda solution for 2 years and is still alive and looking pretty healthy for a stage 4 patient.

Great video! Star for you and thanks for sharing!

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wow, I guess the OP never actually checked the pH of lemon or lime juice. As with any fruit juice, it is quite acidic. Go ahead...get some litmus paper and test it yourself. It's not hard to do, and maybe you'll start to wake up to the fact that all this pH stuff is based on complete nonsense.
It makes me sad that people are so incredibly ignorant, when they could so easily learn the truth.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stillwind
Wow, I guess the OP never actually checked the pH of lemon or lime juice. As with any fruit juice, it is quite acidic. Go ahead...get some litmus paper and test it yourself. It's not hard to do, and maybe you'll start to wake up to the fact that all this pH stuff is based on complete nonsense.
It makes me sad that people are so incredibly ignorant, when they could so easily learn the truth.

Lime juice is alkaline in the body due to the residue they leave after being metabolize. I think its you that needs to go and learn some truth...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
S@Fed and bookmarked, great info, thank you, I am always looking for ways to reduce the acid in our diets.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stillwind

Wow, with 3 full pages of posts and in-depth explanations of how acids turn alkaline in the body, you sure are pretty ignorant and arrogant to make such a statement.

Instead of reading the first post, and clicking Reply, try reading the other 3 pages worth of information so that you don't sound so foolish.

Some people are seriously misguided....

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stillwind

wow poster
i guess you could not be bothered with reading the posts
all has been explained if you read
i feel you was very rude in your response
but i wont bow down to your level
lets hope that you dont need any of this advice when:
your closest relative is dying due to simple fungai

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join