It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memories of dreams within dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Sometimes when I dream, I can remember past dreams within my ongoing dream.

Like I have a seperate life in my dreams. I dream that I have worked as an actor in comercials with other actors that are from real life.

For instance, I had a dream about Mark Walburg (Marky Mark) lol i know. And in that dream I had memories of working with him as a child in a comercial. It was like " Yeah Mark is a cool guy but he was a d*** to me when we did that commercial back in the 80's."

I dream alot about celebs.

The Beastie Boys, Nick Cage, Paula Abdul.

But in my dreams, Its like I know them personally.

Its strange.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I have several concurrent "plotlines" inside my dreams...and in fact have dreams within dreams fairly often. Only one I remember with much clarity was the one where I dreamt I was watching a movie on Netflix, only to wake up and realize it was a dream. Then while I was about to start watching the same movie on Netflix, I realized it was another dream and woke up for real...it was bizarre and the rest of my day I was highly suspect of my surroundings.

Dreams are fascinating, aren't they?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holodomor
I have several concurrent "plotlines" inside my dreams..

THIS!!!

This is what I was trying to convay.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

It always bothers me when I can speak and understand fluent Russian in some of my dreams, but on waking, my lexicon and proficiency have not improved or increased by any degree.

it bothers me more when I know a speak and entirely fictional language in dreams, and don't retain a thing on waking.

it bothers me when i die in a dream and while I'm thinking to myself "so this is what it's like to be dead", I realize that I am then awake and no longer sleeping while thinking that thought.
It's an amusing personal private joke with myself that while I'm awake, I'm dead/undead.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I can compose music and write rap songs. I hear them in my dreams but have never heard them in real life.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I quite recently had a dream where I woke up and was telling my partner about a dream I just had. Then I woke up for real and was like "did i just tell you about my dream" and he said no. It was extremely vivid, the only difference was that my bed was on the other side of the room to where it is now. It has been over there in the past as I have a bit of a furniture moving obsession

I do get those quite a bit, and I have also remembered a dream from years ago in my current dream.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I have both dreams where a discussion was based on a dream I previously had (and remembered within the dream) but also dreams where there was a dream, within the dream within that dream. The concept gets rather bizarre; but, interesting.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I had 2 vivid dreams, one where I was following my mom in my hallway, and i suddenly was overcome with the feeling of passing out (I'm dreaming though), and then I actually passed out mid-sentence, mid-dream! I "fell" into a blackness and my body became extremely tingly similar to sleep paralysis. That's all I remember.

The second dream I was in a small blue room, with what seemed like 2 other beings, and I was being held up against a wall next to a door by some black cloud type thing, but I was viewing it in 3rd person, I could see myself being held up against the wall, as if I was holding myself up against the wall. Really weird, but AGAIN I had this feeling of fainting, and low and behold I "fainted" into another black/tingly episode.

It's really weird and hard to explain, and I have no idea what this means.

top topics

join