It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Now! Midwest radar showing strange returns

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This is from user wxguy1973 who lists his occupation as "meteorologist" at the Weather Channel message boards. Go through the process and find out for yourself. www.weather.com:

All of those sites are operating in dry air mode. Sometimes, a compostie radar will show those until they are "cleaned" up and the dry air from the individual NEXRAD sites can be reomoved

The plethora of explantions that have nothing to do with aliens, haarp, or other government programs should show you all that there isn't anything illicit going on here. I've yet to see anyone give a better explanation of what it is or even dispute any of the claims of what it might be.

Deny some ignorance.

Still awaiting a reply from the NOAA, should be this week.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hey dude,
thanks for checking the weather channel for us. To get to the point, though, I would never have started this thread if I didn't think that something extremely weird was going on. Unfortunately, what I saw that night was only recorded in part by our fellow ATSers. WE did not just see the normal doppler noise or other random things like the very sensible people you are linking to wrote about. We (the people who logged in around the time I first started posting on this subject, or before) saw a situation that cannot be described by the explanations people have offered so far. We saw a regional radar system that was occupied, for awhile, by circular blobs that appeared to rotate rapidly and jump from city to city. For those that logged on to ATS at that time, it was like watching little tornados appear on the radar screen for a minute... as they jumped across the country.

Now... I realize that many people who have read this thread think the 'believers' are nuts. The problem, though, is that they did not see what the people who saw the action viewed on that night. Another problem has been the fact that it has become very difficult to describe and prive what 'we' saw with the limited data that we were able to save during the incident.

I never said that this was because of haarp, aliens, or chemtrails. I only reported an oddity that a few other people saw before it passed. I have NO explanation for its cause (though I do wonder if recent geological events are connected to all this). So... people are free to dismiss this as just radar echoes... but I urge people to read the DESCRIPTIONS ATSers have written BEFORE they look at the few saved pics that are out there because the descriptions are more accurate.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I hate to jump into a thread without reading most of the posts...but I have to leave in a few minutes...I fully intend to read all 8 pages of posts this evening.

Anyway, I've been an avid weather-watcher since I was 5 years old (I'm now 20). On clear, calm nights - I have observed weird radar returns more times than I can even remember....large areas of dark red usually indicative of severe thunderstorms, large hail or heavy sleet. I have also observed the large circular blob of green...

This is all attributable to NEXRAD's use of clear air mode during times where precipitation is not a threat...under this mode Doppler will pick up ANYTHING...airborne dust, ground clutter, snow cover, or even water evaporation from saturated grounds.

Here is a link from NOAA with Doppler FAQ's for those interested: www.crh.noaa.gov...

I'm open to any possibilities and will read the remainder of this thread today when I get a chance...just remember that when unfiltered, Doppler will detect and show returns for a LOT of easily explainable things...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Hey dude,
thanks for checking the weather channel for us. To get to the point, though, I would never have started this thread if I didn't think that something extremely weird was going on. Unfortunately, what I saw that night was only recorded in part by our fellow ATSers. WE did not just see the normal doppler noise or other random things like the very sensible people you are linking to wrote about. We (the people who logged in around the time I first started posting on this subject, or before) saw a situation that cannot be described by the explanations people have offered so far. We saw a regional radar system that was occupied, for awhile, by circular blobs that appeared to rotate rapidly and jump from city to city. For those that logged on to ATS at that time, it was like watching little tornados appear on the radar screen for a minute... as they jumped across the country.

Now... I realize that many people who have read this thread think the 'believers' are nuts. The problem, though, is that they did not see what the people who saw the action viewed on that night. Another problem has been the fact that it has become very difficult to describe and prive what 'we' saw with the limited data that we were able to save during the incident.

I never said that this was because of haarp, aliens, or chemtrails. I only reported an oddity that a few other people saw before it passed. I have NO explanation for its cause (though I do wonder if recent geological events are connected to all this). So... people are free to dismiss this as just radar echoes... but I urge people to read the DESCRIPTIONS ATSers have written BEFORE they look at the few saved pics that are out there because the descriptions are more accurate.

I too, while watching national radars at night...have seen these blobs seemingly inexplicably "jump" from city to city like you said...

And, I've been an avid weather watcher for a long time and I think what it is is that each individual weather service is responsible for "filtering" their radar images during clear air mode...so when the blobs "jumped" - Chicago may have filtered the erroneous image out of their radar while another doppler station started showing returns for airborne particles and/or ground clutter.

However, I do NOT dismiss your concern in any way because it is hard for me to tell if you are observing the exact thing I have been observing during my years of weather observation.

I am new to these boards and do not want to offend you...I'm going to go back and carefully read this thread and I will definitely keep an eye out for radar phenomenon, as this topic greatly intrigues me.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
i am not a weather watcher but if thats not some kind of stom then wat is it
is it just some satalites gone weird or sommin else
plz help i am confused

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I appreciate that somebody has finally made an attempt at explaining the jump phenomenon, however I have to say that this would require a very rare coincidence.
Radar loops I have seen so far run on a 10-minute skip, this means that for a 'jump' to result, a blob must suddenly gather in less than 10 minutes, and at the exact same time a city which already has a blob must adjust their filter.

Additionally, I have seen them phase out and come back. Are the stations turning their filters on for 10 minutes, then back off?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Question, was it foggy in the area at the time this was happening? I live in Buffalo, NY, which is on the lee side of Lake Erie, and when we have fog in the area, that is how the radar looks....Also, if you go to the Fragile Earth thread, I posted another strange radar anomaly yesterday that occured over Washington D.C.....Looks different than these though....

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm speaking for metro Detroit, as that is where I live and can comment.

There was most often no fog in the area when this happens. It seems to be the result of a weather pattern occurring in the spring and fall. I've seen it occasionallly in the winter.
It seems to be the result of a front passing through. I think this was mentioned earlier in this topic.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paranoid Freak
Ijust remember that when unfiltered, Doppler will detect and show returns for a LOT of easily explainable things...

even bugs

www.ph.adfa.edu.au...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Straight line radar return out of Minot AFB. Anyone know what this is???

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
contrail?

(re the AFB radar)

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This one is out of LA. It looks like something it targeting or bieng targeted. I'm not sure what these are but I'm seeing more and more. The problem with these is if you dont upload the image, just link to it, then it will probably be gone in a few hours. I print screened the image if anyone wants to see it later. Just don't wanna use up my space right now.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
there are different modes that radar runs in depending on the current weather situations. this is called clear air mode, it picks up alot of "noise" from surrounding buildings trees, and what not. thats why you see blobs its just natural pollution from urban areas that return signals which make it look like there is something there

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Are you saying these green orbs that appear in the spring and fall are echoes off trees and such? They are only in urban areas?
Why only spring and fall? It must have something to do with temperatures, somehow? I've yet to this this phenomena in summer or winter!

I really appreciate your info, seems to make sense to me

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Check out this site
for some more information on some of these anomolies.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wow can't belive this thread is still around! I guess that seals of almost a year this mystery!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It was dead until you kicked it up again.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I've seen those kind of spots before. They are the result of an Electromagnetic Storm. The Earth's gravity grabs the storm rays bends them around to the opposite side of the planet where they make landfall.

Problem #1: I checked into the NASA Sun Satellite History for EM Storms. None on the night in question. Which means they shouldn't have even been there. Maybe generated from elsewhere, inside the Earth possibly?

Problem #2: The spots are distinctly over cities that are more considerable in size. The EM Storm effects that I've seen on doppler where randomly located, still moved incredibly fast (300 - 400mph), but no specific location.

I was not on that nite, but I find the phenomenon very interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join