It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Now! Midwest radar showing strange returns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Then and now:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Weather today is described as "abundant sunshine." Love them adjectives!

[edit on 25-9-2004 by dotgov101]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Okay, guys, this is called 'ground clutter', it appears in all doppler radar images. It just seems to be a bit larger than usual. Anytime doppler runs around a metro area, or area of significant population, especially under the conditions where one day is rather warm, and then a cold front moves through like we had in the Midweast yesterday, this ground clutter appears.

Just a little larger than usual.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Appears like satellite-images are getting strange too.
"Software-glitch" everywhere apparently.
On several radar and satellites...(notice the "rings")

even in this loop (right now anyway):
East Conus IR Loop

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
maybe gov iz playink za haarp? juzt a thougt

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You know, yesterday I think I actually saw my first chemtrail. I was travelling east on US HWY 20 in Iowa, there were very high altitude, whispy clouds in the air. At an almost stratospheric altitude, a jet of some sort flew through the clouds, leaving a trail, of course. I watched the trail for several minutes, and as I did, I noticed the clouds getting thicker and spreading almost immediately. There also appeared to be a darker, 'heavier' material seperating and distributing itself from the original trail until it became a trail of its own, and widened and eventually dispersed. Any clues if this had something to do with this? Anyone else see any chemtrails yesterday?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
A whispy cloud image of the area,
www.weather.com...

Hope it helps.
sanc'.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It' seems to be only over US cities. Canadian cities don't show anything, but on our radars we can see those blobs over your cities.

Canadian Weather Network

If this URL dosn't work then go to The Weather Network's Homepage and follow the links to the radar maps section.

Those blobs to me might be from some sort of fine metalic material being sprayed into the air at altitude. Which refelcts radar beams very well, and creates distortions and very omnimous looking radar images. It may also account for the reception on TV being degraded.

I would like feed back on my statement

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't write this it my last post

Yes up here we know alot about chemtrails! They spray it 3 out of 7 days over Toronto. We too get very weird radar maps with incredible patterns in the sky.

I also noticed a reoccuring trend that one plane sprays a sheet of chemicals and then another plane sprays a dense, glimmering, very reactive material into the sheet that the other plane left behind and it forms clouds! This creates very uniform sheet clouds (cirrostratus) at low altitudes that cover 90% of the sky!

Cirrostratus Clouds (and look whats in it too)

Can you reply that this is the kind of cloud you people in the US see over the cities with the blobs?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My 3 Sense:

Times are listed on pics GMT.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Just trying to compile more data. Incidentally, this is above FARGO, ND.

Dot.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Adressing the posts here about chemtrails...

Here�s a recent link with more eyewitnesses to this and some more satellite-pictures which have been "debunked" as "software-glitches"...

Chemtrail In Seattle?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
In chicago the local Doppler is showing a big blob again:
www.nbc5.com...

But this blob isn't pictured on the overall great lakes radar.

Ok... if this was being caused by the radars being set to a different mode... why would they still be using this mode during the daytime when viewers would be expected to tune in for the actual weather? I mean.... the whole point of showing your radar returns online is to inform your viewers of what the current conditions are like. Why, then, keep your radar on a mode that can't give the average viewer any information they can use?

Also... I think it would be great if everyone could get as many screen captures of these things as possible... especially if the shots show what 'mode' the radars are on.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I saved most of the pictures as I could, I still am wondering what it is, because it is almost a perfect circle with no others around it, like it would if it was a normal storm front.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
onlyinmydreams

Are you in an area that is showing the blob on radar right now? Clouds look normal? Nothing worth taking a picture of?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Like someone else already said, this is just "ground clutter", albeit on a large scale.

Original source
The temperature profile of the troposphere makes a strong contribution to how radar emitted radiation will refract in the troposphere. Superrefraction is the beam bending more toward the earth's surface than in normal tropospheric conditions and subrefraction is the beam bending less toward the earth's surface than in normal tropospheric conditions.

An inversion is a situation in which the temperature increases with height. Thus it is a situation where there is colder air under warmer air. An inversion layer is a layer of stability since cold air under warm air is a stable situation. A common type of inversion is the radiational cooling inversion in which overnight the earth's air near the surface cools by ground surface longwave radiation emission. The optimum conditions for a radiation inversion is a dry, clear and long night. Inversions at and near the earth's surface can also occur due to shallow cold front passages and evaporational cooling in the boundary layer. An inversion promotes superrefraction.

Ground clutter is returns to the radar from radar emitted energy scattering off of objects on and near the earth's surface. Ground clutter is most evident when low tilt angles are used since the radar energy travels close to the earth's surface especially at close ranges to the radar. Since a superrefraction situation causes the radar beam to travel closer to the earth's surface, superrefraction will promote an increase in ground clutter.

It then gives this example of ground clutter:

Look familiar?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Come on you guys, you're looking at anomalous propagation. It's a known radar anomaly caused by the radar beams literally being bent into the ground and causing a return. It's like ground clutter but instead of hitting things on the ground directly it is bouncing off of areas of the atmosphere due primarily to temperature inversions or sudden changes in temperature. It can happen at any time though it is most common immediately after thunderstorms (due to the intense atmospheric cooling behind a storm) and during the cooler months of the year (like what we're getting into now) as the atmosphere cools in the late afternoon and evening.

For information on another NEXRAD radar anomalies check here. To get an idea of how NEXRAD actually works, check here. For a guided photo tour of a NEXRAD site, check here. If you ever actually find something that isn't adequately explained by a working understanding of NEXRAD, write me here.

Trust me, you're not going to find any evidence of "chemtrails", UFOs, weather control, HAARP, or any other government conspiracies on NEXRAD radars.

But, to throw a bone to the conspriacy theorists, I will bring your attention to something I did observe when I was monitoring over a hundred NEXRAD sites earlier this year. Check this page for an event I documented over Montana that seemed to track what was probably a military aircraft but which did have some interesting and unusual properties. Interestingly, the usual NEXRAD conspiracy theorists didn't even notice or mention the event but it was actually the most unusual and interesting NEXRAD anomaly that ocurred in the first half of this year.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
A few questions for the ground clutter people. I'm not 100% decided so these are honest questions that I hope somebody can answer.

1. Why can't Canadians see it over their cities but only over ours?

2. Why is the "ground clutter" rotating in an organized manner? Shouldn't it be sporadic, based on local variations in temperature and humidity, and of course objects in the area?

3. Why did this stuff "grow" out of nowhere in about 1 hours time, then hang for so long, dissipating so slowly?

4. What are those dang streaks coming out of some of these?

At the moment I don't really know what to think.

I could speculate anything at all, but I can't really back any of it up. Barium released in the atmosphere for HAARP? Missile defense test? Scalar weapons test? Scalar attack? Steering Hurricane Jeanne? Electromagnetic anomoly? Someone trying to cover up something that would otherwise show up on the radar? The NFL seeding clouds friday to ensure good weather on sunday?

Here are things to look for: odd activity by the hurricane, illness in the cities, alien invaders, Kim Jong Il or other international badguys being even more incredibly paranoid or incredibly belligerent than usual, etc.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I've seen this before. More than a few times.
Here in metro Detroit, it's been cloudy most of the day and looked like it could rain.
I think it's ground cover.

My-Cast Personal Radar - Data from the National Weather Service network of Next Generation Radars (NEXRAD) is updated continuously, and centered on the location that you call up. The full 1 km. reflectivity image is displayed, and combined with nearby radars to give you even broader coverage as you zoom out from your location. NEXRAD is the most sophisticated network of weather radars in the world, and with My-Cast Personal Radar you can put the full personalization power of the Internet to work for you.
Occasionally, there will be light blue or green indications around the radar site when there really isn't any noticeable precipitation. This is called ground clutter and is a common radar error, especially in the morning and evening, and in the spring and fall.

www.my-cast.com...:IMG:2=

[edit on 25-9-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thanks The Vagabond for clearing up the fact that it's only over US cities! Canadian radars don't pick it up over our cites but only over yours. This means that software problems are out of the question. We don't use the same systems as you do in the US. There must be more to this than just then we think.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Go To the Canadian Weather Network for some very well animated radar maps that go back a few hours. You can really see whats going on.

CWN Radar Maps North America

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This radar is picking up ground clutter over Toronto, not the same "blob" as other places, but the same thing none-the-less.

And if you look at this map from the NWS that has had clutter editing applied, you will notice that over this period the "blobs" aren't there.

If you want to see a conspiracy after all this there's nothing I can do about it, I'm not a meteorologist or radar expert, and don't claim to be.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join