It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Now! Midwest radar showing strange returns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
What's wrong with midwestern radars?
As I write... every major city in the midwest is showing a large radar 'blob' that doesn't match up with current weather data:
www.nbc5.com...

Seriously, check it out. There's a huge radar blob over every city in the midwest that doesn't match up with current thundestorms (it's 12:00am now). The link I have is ure to change by morning, but it's still weird (and, no, I'm not pointing to doppler echoes).

[edit on 25-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
First,

sorry that my initial post was so brief. I've been trying to log onto ATS for half an hour and have been unable to get on.... So I started off with a brief post because I didn't know if ATS would crash on me.

Basically, as of right now (shortly after midnight, central time zone) the Great lakes radar system is showing large 'blobs' over every major city in the midwest (Chicago, Des Moines, Detroit, etc, etc, etc). However... these 'blobs; don't match up with any current storm system as shown by satellite photos.

About an hour ago I noticed that my TV kept flickering during the Conan O'Brien show. I logged into the net to check the radar for my local station... only to see a weird 'blob' hanging over a completely rainless city (Chicago). I then clicked on the large 'Great lakes radar' view and saw blobs over every city in the midwest.... blobs that are centered on cities. I switched between stations/websites and noticed the same effect.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
hopefully this picture will work:

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wierd.
When I click the Great Lakes button it says Page not found ...
Conspiracy brewing????

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Dang, it didn't...

anyways, there are circular blobs hanging over Chicago, Indianapolis, Des Moines, Minneapolis, Detroit... and some other midwestern cities as we speak. They are not connected in a normal fashion. They are also NOT the normal doppler echoes you see around radar sites. These are blobs that are roughly the same size over every midwestern city... blobs that are several miles across... blobs that do not match up with current rain patterns or cloud coverage.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
You�re right, looks weird.
Great Lakes button worked for me though.
Strange...

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I found this site that has the radar images too.

www.snowpak.com...

Is it normal that all those radar blobs are butterfly shaped? Is that the doppler thing your talking about? Or is that just the anomaly your talking about?

Or are do you mean the nice round red dots all over the US on this map?

www.snowpak.com...

[edit on 25-9-2004 by thematrix]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Wierd.
When I click the Great Lakes button it says Page not found ...
Conspiracy brewing????

Try again,

Since I started this post the 'blob' in central illinois has dramatically changed... it's now a band between Chicago and St. Louis. This is really weird... I can't even imagine how people will look at this thread in the morning...

Still... there's a near circular 'blob' over every midwestern city. The one over Minneapolis is now over Duluth. This is REALLY WEIRD.

Why? Because the radar maps have not only just showed huge storms that aren't there... they've shown blobs that have, in one piece, moved from one city to the next in less than a fwe minutes.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Here�s a snapshot.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This site is the direct place to get the images it seems:

weather.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thanks Hellmutt,

I was trying, before, to show a pic that showed the same site placing the 'blob' that is over Duluth now over Minneapolis.

A few minutes ago (when i first tried to log onto ATS) the 'blob' over Chicago and St. Louis were distinct with no linking parts.

For those who aren't from the midwest... some of the circular blobs that seem like they're not over anything are actually over smaller cities. Though they might not be named on the map, there is a reasonably sized town at the center of each blob.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Lansing, South Bend, and the Quad Cities are all under circular 'blobs' right now but aren't identified by name on the map.

BTW, it is not raining in Chicago and the satellite photo doesn't show clouds that match with these radar returns.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Just FYI, its showing over Baltimroe and Washington DC too.

My guess would be some bug in the doppler system.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This is the loop of the radar imaging for the last hour or so:

www.crh.noaa.gov...

whats that "ray" like thing comming(or going) from the south west?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
what is really strange is that if you make the radar loop it doesnt really move over the town

www.nbc5.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Very intresting, It looks like storms but there to circular to be just storms, I wonder what it is

link   
Im in northwest indiana, I still see the moon and some stars. To the west towards chicago I see some low clouds that seem to glow pink. Weather bug radar does not show the blobs like it does on the NBC 5 radar.

SMR

link   
So what are you indicating here?
Im only asking because I am not familiar with radar.
Someone like me would see those images and see it as bad weather.
Is this NOT the case in those areas right now?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
posted on 24-9-2004 at 06:50 PM
posted on 24-9-2004 at 06:53 PM

dangit man!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Matrix,

I couldn't get your link's loop to come up. I'll try again in a few minutes. I swear, though, that some of those circular 'blops' have moved and instantly appeared over cities.

Like I said before, I started checking out the weather online when my Tv started getting bad reception at sudden intervals.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join