It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the people in my dreams come from?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The people from 'dreamland' are people who actually live in that particular universe...hence the multiverse theory.

I firmly believe that when we dream, we are actually traveling to these other universes, temporarily experiencing our alternate realities and not as a mere spectator, but living it out alltogether.

-Imagination (or daydreams) DO NOT have the many intricate details found in dreams; colors, textures, smells, physical harm, plants, dogs, sunshine, raindrops, furniture, dirt, sidewalk cracks, etc). For example, If wanted to daydream about being with Michael Vick, all my mind is going to conjure will be his face, body, me and a very bland event that lasts only seconds (kissing, etc.....). But if I DREAM about him, there will be emphasis on every detail of our clothing, the place, the weather, the lighting in the room, aroma, voices, pictures on the wall, carpet color, etc. Our minds will not produce these minute details on a whim.

Dreams are already occuring by the time you 'get there'. You appear to have been 'placed' in this other 'You' that exists within another reality; perhaps you are a famous actor, or a mother of four instead of two...but its always 'You'. After you wake, the 'characters' of the dream may not be recognizable where in dreamland they were, and so are places and talents.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
lol of course the brain can come up with random faces

Artists draw random girls from imagination all the time. If your brain is normal you can think of a random face you've never seen before.

You've never read a book and pictured the person from the description alone?

Picture some esoteric blonde girl with roses growing out the side of her face

boom
edit on 7-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Nope.

Dreamlands are REAL PLACES.

Face it...you are NOT thinking up all the intricate details, unknown characters, and possible scenarios on the 'fly', as some people may like to contend.

If so, there would be no such thing as surprises, sad moments, or especially nightmares...if you were the 'producer'. You are not the producer of dreamland; you are merely an actor, but not knowing your lines ahead of time. Dreams are in 1st person, not 3rd person as imaginations and daydreams are.

I think that its mostly atheists who have a difficult time accepting the dreamland /parallel universe theory.

I myself and in NO way religious; no church, no magical god in the sky intervening.... I am an Ancient Alien theorist (gods=aliens).

Thing with atheists (no gods/aliens) is that with the parallel universe theory, it implies other entities who exist elsewhere....and with atheists, nothing exists except them.
edit on 8-4-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I have researched about dreams is that "The similarities in brainwave patterns between waking life and REM sleep imply that on certain levels the brain may be functioning in similar ways, the most notable similarity being that we are conscious in both states. In both states we are receiving sensory input, though in the case of dreams, the origin of this input and the organs involved in its reception remain cloaked."

What this is saying is that we are RECEIVING input, meaning dreams do not involve output....proof that we are experiencing something that we did not create.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Check out a thread I started on this topic. You will enjoy it!!

DREAMS ARE TRAVEL TO PARALLEL UNIVERSES

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Thanks for the link ButterCookie, I certainly will visit. More people should show interest in what dreaming is about. Afterall we spent on average 1/3 of our lives sleeping. Some people do not realise that this is 20 years on a 60 year lifetime. Not all these years will be in dream state but still an enormes amount of time of it will.

And because we do, we should recognise it must be an important and not to be under-estimated part of ourselves.

As of late I've been thinkin of the mechanics of dreaming, how does the brain "compute". I believe the brain is more than a sofisticated organic computer and can not be compared to a solid state Artificial Intelligence like the one used in 2001: A Space Odyssey . You know....the HAL 9000 computer which wonders if he will dream when his plug will be pulled.

The other day I heared a guy tell about the brain blood barier around our brain and the minerals and stuff floating in that barrier. He said it can well be that the composition of elements, minerals can well be functioning as a RECEIVER !! That goes right along with your theory.

edit on 8/4/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The most likely cause for the unrecognized people or faces in your dreams is that they are just people you've seen before, but don't consciously remember. As previously stated, your brain is at all times throughout the day collecting, recording, and storing observations of the world around you. This includes things you smelled, tasted, heard, felt, or saw ─ even if you didn't realize you were doing so! Anyway, on a different but similar note, your brain is not able to fabricate (create) images, smells, tastes, sound, or feelings on its own while in a dormant state (aka deep sleep, or REM, which is the time that dreams take place) so to formulate dreams it simply "borrows" past observations from your memory. I call these memory images (slash feelings, sounds, etc.) These people that you see in your dreams, you don't recognize but you have in fact seen them before at some point in your life. Perhaps you passed them on a busy street or at the grocery store or a concert. You don't remember them because you don't consciously remember seeing them, or they didn't make a signifcant enough impact on you to remember them. It is for the same reason that you recognize the people (in dreams) that you know from your walking life, for example you may dream about friends or family members, a pet or your spouse. So, in conclusion, your brain is unable to create people or images on its own in a dormant state such as sleep, so it simply borrows images from your memory: whether you consciously remember seeing them or not. This id where the people in your dreams come from!
edit on 3-2-2014 by 3rdeye0pen because: was previously unfinished

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You do not see faces in a dream, but you feel the presence of those people.
You think that you saw the face.
Those faces are connected to people that you see in your daily life.
If you see a crowd , You feel it as a crowd, you do not see their faces and identify or try to identify them differently.
If you see your girl in the crowd, you feel her presence. You exclude her from the crowd and then there are two different things, your girlfriend and the crowd. No random faces. No art. The exact same feeling that you might have felt if the dream was the reality.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Each person is living a life as vivid as your own; a epic journey that continues around you unnoticed, with connections to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once as an extra in the background drinking coffee, a blur in traffic or a light shining from a window at dusk

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I sometimes dream about people too who are made up by my brain, in complete detail and voice etc. Usually it's some girl
and the feelings are pretty real, sometimes feel more real than in this reality. Infact, it feels more genuine in dreams than when being awake.
edit on 02014kk555 by Lokk555 because: (no reason given)

edit on 02014kk555 by Lokk555 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join