It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the people in my dreams come from?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The last few months I have some very vivid dreams here and there. These dreams are always somekind of adventure with family members and we are all in our twenties (we are in real also about the same age but in our late fourties). As a matter of fact I like dreaming those dreams...

Along the way in my dream I "see" and "meet" people who just as well be people in reality.

I can see their faces clearly and wonder how it is possible that my brain generate these random faces...either male or female.

Can it be that I dream the life of a me in a parralel universe...? The dreams are close to real circumstances so,......no pink elephants there.

Anybody simular dream experiances or thoughts about how this all works in my brain?

edit on 7/4/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I've always dreamed in full colour with real sounds, and feelings, and the majority of the "characters" in my dreams are people i don't know. Its actually more rare for me to dream of someone I know than to dream of someone I don't.

I have always found it crazy too that my brain can come up with all these complex stories, places, and people.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I've pondered this also. I am not sure how populated an area you live in, but maybe (so I've thought pertaining to me) your subconscious mind uses the faces of everyday strangers you pass by, but consciously pay no attention to. It makes me wonder if I am in other people's dreams.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Through-out your day your unconscious mind is constantly recording and storing information on what you see. Just because you aren’t aware you saw someone doesn’t mean you haven’t. Lets say thirty people cross your path and you only really look at and notice 10 of the people. Your unconscious mind has seen all thirty people. So just because you don’t think you ever seen these people in reality you have. You can’t dream what you don’t know just like you can’t time travel past your date of birth or death. I think I cracked Stephen Hawking’s question of where are the people of the future if time travel was possible. Ironically when we master it we will realize we can’t go past the date of our birth or forward past our death. The question never was if you could time travel anyway it was how you do it with the physical body.Our mind and physical body are governed by different laws of the universe. But point is you only dream what you know and everyone in your dream you know.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I have always wondered that too.
I started a journal and wrote down descriptions of the people whenever i awoke and remembered details.

I have since started to remind myself to 'ask their names' before i go to sleep.
last week someone in a dream gave me a name, but on waking up i could not remember it.

maybe try reminding yourself to ask for their names before sleep, then maybe in a month or two you may be lucky.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
lol of course the brain can come up with random faces

Artists draw random girls from imagination all the time. If your brain is normal you can think of a random face you've never seen before.

You've never read a book and pictured the person from the description alone?

Picture some esoteric blonde girl with roses growing out the side of her face

boom
edit on 7-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Probably just your subconscious mind, it's a very complex thing

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Friends from dreams that seem familiar to us but cannot remember upon waking? Sometimes a guide, what they show you or lead you to is prevalent. Sometimes ancestors, they usually appear in groups that focus upon you and may be embarrassing perhaps. Usually they are in a room or someplace along the way in your dream. You notice them and then move on. They are all there waiting for you...

Of course you don't recognize them they lived and died before you were born. Just say hi and try and listen to anything they might relate.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If dreams are from a parallel universe, that universe is pretty f*cked up!
My dreams are a mish mash taken from things and people I have encountered day to day, episodes and people from the past etc etc.
Dreams are a way of rationalising things that have happened and can also reflect underlying concerns. We all dream, but some can remember dreams better than others.
There is no 'parallel universe' going on here

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Yes, you are living other lifes in your dreams. Dreams are not inventions or hallucinations, but other parralels universes that you visit the night; that's why you can sometime watch another you doing something, or that they are multiple people that dreams at the same thing.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Ive done this and lucky enough when i woke i remembered her name. now ive never seen this person in real life, as in awake. and i only remember dreaming of her once. she gave me the name Jan Delamos.

i have no idea who this person is or if my brain just made her up while i was sleeping. i remember her being a bit shy. but she was overwhelmed when she saw me. similar to a way someone might be when seeing a celebrity.

Whateva

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
People in dreams (normal everyday dreams) generally represent aspects of yourself.

Babies are new aspects of you. Elderly or dying people are aspects you are letting go of and changing.

Agreeable people you know in your dream may represent a common shared characteristic or aspect (such as a common hobby or interest.) Disagreeable people ... just reverse the one above.

edit on 7/4/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Nothing in the universe is mechanically random. Random follows no laws the universe does absolute.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I've often wondered this too. Because my dreams have always been vivid and in colour and I can and always have remembered them.

For some of my teens I believed in the dream dictionary theory that things in a dream could be interpreted by a generic meaning (a house in your dream represents your body blah blah blah). I also fell for the dreams are just your minds way of sorting out the clutter and events of the day.

However over the past year or so I have come to believe that dreams are more than that, and my dreams are much more vivid as a result. I fully believe that some people out there only dream of cluttered events that have occurred to them and of people that they know or have seen in passing. But that doesn't apply to everyone. For instance my partner's dreams consist mostly of nooky with me
and he sometimes dreams that he is a computer software when he is dehydrated. He doesn't really have the same type of vivid "other life' dreams that I've always had.

When I was a child I had such vivid dreams and I always remembered them, and I would spend break times telling my friends all about my dreams. They were amazed because they didn't dream in the same way as me, they dreamed rather dull rehashing the day's events dreams. So I've known since I was a child that not everyone dreams like me.

I live a very small life and only see a select number of people every day - the same people every day. Also, the people in my dreams are definitely not the sort of people who live/work/shop in my area. I don't get chavs in my dreams

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

This is my take on it, after 57 years on this rock.. at times I Ieave it so to speak while in what perceived as a dream. Based on how much I need sleep, will also make a difference of such OOBE. I work nights, so my day time sleep really sucks.. very few hours can I get much rest, those times I really don't do solid sleeping.. just downloading. My nights off from 12-00am-8:00am is when I get a chance to rest better. these are the times I get to really explore out side of by body.. yes I leave it, and wow does it feel like a different world, but still in it.while that silver cord is still connected to me. However I'm free to travel, in doing so, randomly running/floating into others on the same flight path so to speak. At times speaking to them or just knowing you are there/here with me. Recalling that person once I'm awake, some are strangers, others I know in most aspects in my daily life.
I just presume they are they are there for the same reasons I am... what reason you might ask? I to ask the same question. And when I approch that question to one that I might of passed in the night in such a way in saying how was your sleep last night or you came to mind last night while I was resting, I will not get but the tipical answer it was okay,(his/her sleep) or what brought me to your thoughts, my reply maybe it was a dream and wait for a reply, never get the answer I'm looking for. humm. ( I say to myself) But I know you were there, maybe you don't recall.
The most profound indication that while dreaming was of when I was looking into the future of sorts(did'nt know it at the time) while I was maybe 10 years old. while in this state of dream I came to realize this vision of this girl that was in front of me while walking up these stairs that were made out of logs in the Forest climbing this hugh hill/mountain and thinking to myself what beautiful hair that goes past her butt, just swaying back and forth while she walk and then I wake up... thinking to myself, man I wish I could go back and meet her.
10 years later, while my wife and I were in Munich Germany hiking at the resort we were at... the trail lead us to the exact stairs of logs that went forever up this Mountain side and there was the long hair swaying back and forth... Hummm
Now I could go on forever on other aspects of my dreams. But I leave you with this... those flying dreams that we tend to have, and then the sensation of falling to the ground... no worries you just traveled a long ways into the furture. You must get back fast cause it time to wake up and live this life.
However sleep well!

Jesse

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rbmgang

Well I was using the populous definition of random.

Humans have an imagination, we can think of new ideas even if they never existed prior, including faces is what I was trying to say.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by rbmgang

Well I was using the populous definition of random.

Humans have an imagination, we can think of new ideas even if they never existed prior, including faces is what I was trying to say.

Random.. really? I think not while in dreams, in life as we walk through it, to some extent yes... however those times that the old say goes Daja Vue, this happen before... explain how that happen then I can accept your insight to a point..
Imagination works well in our waking life... I wish I could capitalize our my previous imagination.. I would be rich!

I see it around me every day. Big mistake in not moving on those thoughts... I wish I could of avoided those regrets now..

Life is about fine turning it, still working that myself.

However I understand your concept.

Jesse

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

Deja vu is more than likely a memory dysfuntion. Deja vu can be induced in lab experiments. There are also people hat have chronic deja vu (meaning they never stop feeling it).

science.howstuffworks.com...

Chronic Déjà Vu

Recently, there have been studies of people who have what researchers are terming "chronic déjà vu." Four senior citizens in the United Kingdom have experienced déjà vuin a constant state. They refused to watch the news because they felt like they already knew what was going to be said (even though they really didn't). Or, they wouldn't go to the doctor because they felt like they had already been and didn't see the point.

Researchers have suggested that these individuals have experienced a failure in the temporal lobe. The circuits that are activated when you remember something have gotten stuck in the "on" position, so to speak. This has essentially created memories that don't actually exist [ref].

Humans have a lot of memory problems.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
The last few months I have some very vivid dreams here and there. These dreams are always somekind of adventure with family members and we are all in our twenties (we are in real also about the same age but in our late fourties). As a matter of fact I like dreaming those dreams...

Along the way in my dream I "see" and "meet" people who just as well be people in reality.

I can see their faces clearly and wonder how it is possible that my brain generate these random faces...either male or female.

Can it be that I dream the life of a me in a parralel universe...? The dreams are close to real circumstances so,......no pink elephants there.

Anybody simular dream experiances or thoughts about how this all works in my brain?

edit on 7/4/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

You do not dream the life of you in another universe. You are the you in another realm* The people you meet in your dreams can vary from projections of thoughts, to angels, spirit guides, past lives, future events etc. Vivid dreams just mean your getting more comfortable in the astral body. If your seeing their faces clearly and regularly, i would be paying attention to these people. Pay attention to what they say, and what they do. write it down and look for patterns.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbmgang
Through-out your day your unconscious mind is constantly recording and storing information on what you see. Just because you aren’t aware you saw someone doesn’t mean you haven’t. Lets say thirty people cross your path and you only really look at and notice 10 of the people. Your unconscious mind has seen all thirty people. So just because you don’t think you ever seen these people in reality you have. You can’t dream what you don’t know just like you can’t time travel past your date of birth or death. I think I cracked Stephen Hawking’s question of where are the people of the future if time travel was possible. Ironically when we master it we will realize we can’t go past the date of our birth or forward past our death. The question never was if you could time travel anyway it was how you do it with the physical body.Our mind and physical body are governed by different laws of the universe. But point is you only dream what you know and everyone in your dream you know.

Well, I think it is bit more complicated than that. Maybe I've seen these people before but hwat about their interaction with me in dreams. And then there is the mechanics of it all...assuming the brain is a bio-computer. With normal graphics there computer code for an image, movement and so on...

What the brain does with dreaming is a complete mystery. Maybe the percentage of the brain which is thought to be unused has something to do with it. Interesting thought tho.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join