It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short video of object flying across the view of the moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Short snippet of an object flying across the view of the moon. not saying alien, just unidentified. Bird? plane?
Just Moon gazing and this zipped across the telescope. Taken 6 Apr 12 8:22pm est.

edit on 7-4-2012 by Cohort because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Looks like a military jet.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

Unfortunately only you can tell us whether it was a bug or a bird.

Nothing for nothing, isn't the Moon exceptionally bright tonight? I know I am tired but I just stepped outside and I literally had to squint to look at the Moon. Don't remember that ever happening before. But then again, I've never been this age and this tired with a full Moon before so, who knows.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Wouldnt a jet or a bird show up on a telescope and not look so far away

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

Now I do believe in aliens but this looks like a military jet to me

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
No way could that be a bug or plane... distance covered in a short time frame accounts for more consideration.
Going with UFO...

Jesse

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

I think you might have found a satellite that's in lunar orbit. Something like this, if not actually this.
Either way it seems like a pretty decent find.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

It looks like a bird to me, but, what do you expect with a pervasive insistence of people purchasing the cheapest, sorriest equipment available on the market?

It could be a bird, or, it could very well be the Battlestar Galactica finally finding and arriving here at Earth.
We'll never know because people are cheap and buy cheap equipment, yet insist on attempting to do things with their cheap equipment that requires a substantial degree more sophistication.

sorry. ranty. cheap equipment makes me pet peevish.

No insults intended. Cheap equipment gets me all itchy and drives me crazy.
Examples of proper professioanl grade still and video equipment can be found in this post in a different thread: Proper photo/video equipment

edit on 7-4-2012 by nineix because: added link to post in thread where proper video equipment is detailed.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Tell you what, send me some high end stuff and ill be more than happy to furnish you some high quality images, DEAL?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

As stated before, no insult was intended.
Thank you for your post.

I've edited my previous comment with link to post detailing some proper equipment.

I apologize if my comment came off as hostile.
Thank you again for your post.

In the future, it would be appreciated if you post video that you do so with better equipment as videos such as these will often muddy the waters. Your candor in stating that you were not claiming this to be a UFO is very much appreciated.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well, with the constant parade of junk videos we get around here, this is a bit of fresh air. I wonder if it could be a meteor, though. How fast a meteor crosses the disc of the moon depends a lot on the angle of its trajectory with respect to the viewer. In an extreme and very rare case, a meteor could be very far way traveling away from the viewer and appear to hover for a few minutes in front of the moon.

Were there any MUFON reports in the area around the same time?

S&F

edit on 7-4-2012 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

I apologize if my comment came off as hostile.
Thank you again for your post.

In the future, it would be appreciated if you post video that you do so with better equipment as videos such as these will often muddy the waters. Your candor in stating that you were not claiming this to be a UFO is very much appreciated.

Wow apologising on one hand and then continuing in the same vein. Unbelievable! Not everyone can afford your precious high end equipment. In fact many of us can't afford any equipment at all. Imagine that... Why not take this little rant and post a separate thread on the general issue. No need to have a go at individuals who at least took the trouble to post their findings.
edit on 7-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by Cohort

It looks like a bird to me, but, what do you expect with a pervasive insistence of people purchasing the cheapest, sorriest equipment available on the market?

It could be a bird, or, it could very well be the Battlestar Galactica finally finding and arriving here at Earth.
We'll never know because people are cheap and buy cheap equipment, yet insist on attempting to do things with their cheap equipment that requires a substantial degree more sophistication.

sorry. ranty. cheap equipment makes me pet peevish.

No insults intended. Cheap equipment gets me all itchy and drives me crazy.
Examples of proper professioanl grade still and video equipment can be found in this post in a different thread: Proper photo/video equipment

edit on 7-4-2012 by nineix because: added link to post in thread where proper video equipment is detailed.
[/quote

A lot of people can only afford the cheapest, us normal 'guy in the street' have commitments, wives, children, mortgages, pension saving, transport, etcetera, I have a celestron, a gift from one of my sons, I am gratefull, not 'picky'

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kiloguard
reply to post by Cohort

Now I do believe in aliens but this looks like a military jet to me

OK. That is the second time somebody said "military jet."
Please elaborate how you can determine that it is a military jet.

I also believe that it is a jet because the transition time looks to be about normal for a normal jet at a normal altitude to normally move across the face of the Moon. Conversely, it the object was close to the Moon its velocity would be fantastic. But to call it a "military jet" is way beyond our kin, an over exaggeration. Let's keep it simple and honest.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

Doesn't look to me like any kind of plane-I have seen a few when looking at the moon,and plane's have always been a heck of a lot bigger,with loads of heat blur and vapor behind them.
Often they pretty much obscure the whole field of view(as they are in our atmosphere,and so thousands of times closer to the telescope than the moon).

I would guess you have filmed one of these:

A satellite,orbiting between the Earth and moon.
A bit of space junk.
A meteor passing in front of the moon.
Maaybe even the ISS.

Whatever it is,well done for catching it!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

No way could that be a bug or plane... distance covered in a short time frame accounts for more consideration.
Going with UFO...

The Moon is 1/2 degree wide. An object that takes a second to travel 1/2 degree is actually moving rather slowly. It is probably a bird or insect. (It's not moving erratically enough to be a bot.)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by jessemole

Going with UFO...

The Moon is 1/2 degree wide. An object that takes a second to travel 1/2 degree is actually moving rather slowly. It is probably a bird or insect. (It's not moving erratically enough to be a bot.)

Well okay, maybe your numbers could explain that amount of movement. However, what I have seen in the past
In my life, I could argue.. having five such elements move from different directions within the same area... and stop, maintain postion perfectly still, then leave from the same direction they came from going faster in there exit... tough call. it was not with Moon in the back drop at the time.. full night sky it was.

Jesse

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Converted video to B/W and slowed it down to 1/4 speed.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

Nice.
That slow mo seems to me to show the object is following the curve of the moon-it could be something orbiting the moon in that case.
Send the video to NASA,with the time/location/angle you took it-see what they say.

Maybe you have caught the X-37B on one of its secret missions?
i doubt NASA will confirm that though.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Looks like a fruitfly..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join