It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France fears a new serial killer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

France fears a new serial killer

www.bbc.co.uk

Police in France are investigating whether another serial killer is on the loose, after four people were killed in similar circumstances south of Paris.

The latest victim was a 47-year-old mother, named by French media as Nadjia Lahsene, who was shot dead outside her home in Grigny, a suburb in the southern outskirts of the capital.
She was killed by a gunman who fled on a motorbike - recalling the method used by Islamist extremist Mohammed Merah.
Merah was killed by officers in southern France last month after committing seven murders.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This very sad set of circumstances seems to be a very convenient platform for Mr Sarkozy to present the French public once again with a leader who has the peoples best interests at heart , the fact that he will be using another shooting spree to appeal to the French voting public strikes me as fortuitous to say the least. I hope I am wrong , but something smells with the timings of events happening in France at this time. The fact another maniac as we are led to believe is gunning people down creates the perfect scenario for panic , that is just the thing needed for election purposes.

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droidinvoid

This very sad set of circumstances seems to be a very convenient platform for Mr Sarkozy to present the French public once again with a leader who has the peoples best interests at heart , the fact that he will be using another shooting spree to appeal to the French voting public strikes me as fortuitous to say the least. I hope I am wrong , but something smells with the timings of events happening in France at this time. The fact another maniac as we are led to believe is gunning people down creates the perfect scenario for panic , that is just the thing needed for election purposes.

www.bbc.co.uk

I agree with you and like my family member has said has the world gone crazy?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yesterday a killer went on shooting spree here in Tulsa. 3 people died and 2 were injured. Madness.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Why say serial killer?

if its islamic, its political, or Hit type killings.

I wouldnt say serial.

Spree killer maybe?

not serial.

There is no sexual aspect to it.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Doesn't "serial" simply mean "one after another" or "successive?" Does there have to be a sexual element?

Charles Manson is considered a serial killer, I believe, but as far as I know there were no sexual aspects to the murders.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

and charles never killed anyone.

His girls did it for him.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

True, point taken. (actually if you want to get technical he did kill one man - Bernard "Lotsapoppa" Crowe)

Manson is still considered a "serial killer," however. Perhaps wrongly, but certainly indeliblly in the public imagination.

And then there's this:

A serial killer is typically defined as an individual who has killed 3 or more people over a period of more than a month, with down time (a "cooling off period") between the murders, and whose motivation for killing is usually based on psychological gratification. Some sources disregard the "three or more" criteria, and define the term as "a series of two or more murders, committed as separate events, usually, but not always, by one offender acting alone" or, including the vital characteristics, a minimum of at least two murders. Often, a sexual element is involved in the killings, but the FBI states that motives for serial murder include "anger, thrill, financial gain, and attention seeking".

Note the "often," rather than "always" there.

Source:
Morton, RJ (2005), Serial murder multi-disciplinary perspectives for investigators, Federal Bureau of Investigation (link to PDF file.)
via
Wiki
edit on 4/7/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I actually performed an autopsy on a suspected serial killer.

West Mesa Murders

A pimp shot him after the suspect killed a prostitute.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Huh, no kidding. Very interesting.

Let me take this opportunity to ask you, then: Did you discover anything through the autopsy that gave any insight into the crimes? And more generally, in cases like this do autopsy-performers look for anything different than they would with a more "normal" death? Just curious. Its a topic I know nothing about whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Huh, no kidding. Very interesting.

Let me take this opportunity to ask you, then: Did you discover anything through the autopsy that gave any insight into the crimes? And more generally, in cases like this do autopsy-performers look for anything different than they would with a more "normal" death? Just curious. Its a topic I know nothing about whatsoever.

Lorenzo Montoya was his name.

We treated him as a homicide.

We took trace and took full body photos.

we removed trace from his victim, photos. She was a homicide too.

Her autopsy was performed across the room.

Nothing special.

But those killings stoped after he died.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Oh we didnt do autopsies on "normal" or what we called a "natural" death.

Doctors would sign a death certificate if it was expected, heart disease, history of strokes, just general bad health or old age.

We performed autopsies on people that there deaths were unatteneded or died unexpectedly, children, people with no past medical history. Also on suicides and MVA's, homicides, plane crashes..etc.

on people under the age of 35, that died unexpectedly, We would also collect a Med-X kit.

That was an anti terror project.

we would look for Anthrax.

We also had 2 suspected Mad Cow. (CJD).

Crazy times.

Freakin fun times.

I miss it.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Lol, E-peens aside, a serial killer does not mean someone who kills with sexual intent - but a sexual predator can be a serial killer.

A serial killer is, as was said, a killer is someone who commits murder in serial, often with the similarities - in this case, it appears the same gun is used.

people in general are bad enough trying to anticipate how random they are, without the knowledge that someone is killing people for unknown reasons, and getting away with it... :/

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I think it is important to point out that unlike the recently publicised killings, involving the self styled terrorist who was shot dead by police, these latest killings do not appear to be racially motivated, nor motivated by a hunger to perform an act of terrorism as we know it.

My two pence is this. Perpetrator sees the news of this motorbike riding shooter, rolling up and killing people and then being away before anyone can draw down on him. He sees the MO and thinks "You know, if a guy just wanted to enjoy ventilating somones skull, he could do a lot worse than to follow this simple formula", while polishing a shiny black motorcycle helmet with a dreamy look on his face.

I think if anything, this recent set of murders is even more chilling than the other incidents previously reported. Acts of terrorism, while utterly deplorable, hateful, and devastating, at least have a logical motive behind them (as flawed as that logic may be), but these latest murders, short a connection between the victims are more terrifying if only for one simple reason. Rather than targeting one sector of a community, rather than hitting locations which, once motive can be discovered, would be obvious places to stake out, and to defend, this new two wheeler creep is targeting seemingly random people, and snuffing them out.

His apparant lack of concern as to who he shoots, the fact that he seems to have no particular preference in terms of occupation, skin colour, religious belief, and nation of origin in his victims, means that the police will have a much harder time tracking him down, because he could literally hit anyone, anywhere. This makes it impossible to apply resources in a focused effort to catch him, and forces the police to spread a wide net, with big holes in it, in order to attempt to catch him. It also means that there is no person or place which is safe until this guy is caught.

If anything this fellow is a more successful terrorist than the first one! I mean virtually everyone should be afraid of this guy, because he seems to have no particular preference where targets are concerned. I would not be suprised if his logic runs something like " I fancy killing someone now. Who do I have a clear shot at? That one? Righty o then!".

The other problem is the WAY he kills. Unless he has been foolish enough to touch every cartridge without gloves on, chances are that he has left little but tyre rubber, and corpses for the police to find, which would not be the case if the killer had a more visceral style, using a knife or a cudgel to do his foul deeds. The best they will be able to do is attempt to use the position of the body, and blood evidence at the scene to establish where the shooter was when the victim was shot, leading them to know where his motorcycle pulled up, and screamed away from. If they are lucky he will have left tyre marks somewhere, that they will be able to examine and compare with a database of tyres, in order to figure out what kind of bike he has. Eventually they may get lucky, and get video tape of the fellow buying fuel (since most places will not allow a person to enter the petrol station shop with a crash helmet on), and identify him from that, but all those things happening in good time is pretty unlikely if you ask me.

As they say on the news, this one could run and run.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It always makes me sad to hear about serial killers since most of them will quite often, more so than not, primarily target women.

Such are creepy cowards, incapable and too spineless to challenge themselves with harder targets like big burly hairy angry men that might actually up the challenge level.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Anyone who kills more than twice can be called a serial killer. Sex has nothing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Why say serial killer?

I wouldnt say serial.

Spree killer maybe?

not serial.

Mah, if i was in control i would simply call it a racial crime, that's when you can mobilize and lock down the city without any red tape. That's when these pathetic carbon lifeforms tend to loose it and become fair game for anyone.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Anyone who kills more than twice can be called a serial killer. Sex has nothing to do with it.

Would that also apply to the cyber world, i mean if you killed a thread or a web site and you have done this over and over you could in fact be listed as a digital psychopath or digital serial killer right ?....hmmm me finds this concept interesting.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Why say serial killer?

I wouldnt say serial.

Spree killer maybe?

not serial.

Your not a genius are you ?

Serial doesn't mean sexual .....It means multiple.....as in a multiple murderer or somebody who commits multiple murders most often on different days and sometimes in the exact same way.....

Are you thinking of serial rapists by chance ? I think you may be confused on the topic a bit.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I actually performed an autopsy on a suspected serial killer.

West Mesa Murders

A pimp shot him after the suspect killed a prostitute.

No you didn't...

You would know the difference between serial and rape then.

Serial has nothing to do with sexual. and for you to claim to have done an autopsy just proves you are lying.

Why would you lie ?

Serial = anything in the form of a series.........Has nothing to do with sex or anything sexual at all.

So you would think anybody who is qualified to perform an autopsy would know the difference.

Unless you were in a class teaching it but even then doesn't seem like you did your homework.

nice try though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join