It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama vrs Romney? Don't vote!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
So you guys think they are going to pass california and oregon and texas and etc and Romney has it in the bag ? NO..he may, but not yet..People also thought a black man would never be president and they were half wrong...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by avatard

I suppose Romney COULD still..somehow.. in a wild, once in a nation's lifetime type stroke of events..lose the nomination. It's like the wild possibilities one enters with theoretical physics. We don't even want to go there but to say the Matrix movies have nothing on that stuff.

Back in the real realm of this election cycle, I cannot see how anyone but Romney is the man to stand at this point. I don't like it and I'd wish almost anyone else would run. Almost.. We have Math though. Math is that beautiful thing that can't really be argued, debated or ridiculed. It just sits there. Like something the neighbors dog dumps on your doorstep. Ignoring the fact won't make it go away and the longer we deny it, the worse it'll all stink in the end.

The only HOPE.....is a contended convention. If THAT is our HOPE..then we are 100% good and truly doomed. If they're fighting as candidates in August, Obama will remain President in November. That isn't even debatable enough to laugh at. I just feel sick when I consider the reality of it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I gotta ask, because I have never seen it mentioned anywhere... Is there some percentage of the population that has to vote, otherwise elections are invalid?

That isn't to say that elections aren't rigged and totally bogus, personally I am pretty sure they all are. But if only one person voted or one hundred, would the results still be valid? What if 80% didn't vote and the government said that 60% did vote, how can you prove they lied, short of doing exit poles at every voting center. And they they would probably say your data is inaccurate.

I've been wondering that myself! If only 10 people vote, does that mean it's considered a 'vote of no confidence' by the other 299,990? Would they declare it a failure?

Another thing I've considered...and thought to make a thread about...is this:

Go and vote, but DO NOT vote for either (or any) of the individuals presented. Go to the write-in slot, and write this in:

"I was here, I voted. You all suck. "

What if every registered voter did that? I mean seriously -- what if we did???

Don't we, as a nation, have the right to reject whatever candidates are presented? Why must we pick between horrible choices??
edit on 8-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

I gotta ask, because I have never seen it mentioned anywhere... Is there some percentage of the population that has to vote, otherwise elections are invalid?

That isn't to say that elections aren't rigged and totally bogus, personally I am pretty sure they all are. But if only one person voted or one hundred, would the results still be valid? What if 80% didn't vote and the government said that 60% did vote, how can you prove they lied, short of doing exit poles at every voting center. And they they would probably say your data is inaccurate.

I've been wondering that myself! If only 10 people vote, does that mean it's considered a 'vote of no confidence' by the other 299,990? Would they declare it a failure?

Another thing I've considered...and thought to make a thread about...is this:

Go and vote, but DO NOT vote for either (or any) of the individuals presented. Go to the write-in slot, and write this in:

"I was here, I voted. You all suck. "

What if every registered voter did that? I mean seriously -- what if we did???

Don't we, as a nation, have the right to reject whatever candidates are presented? Why must we pick between horrible choices??
edit on 8-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

I fully agree! The system is broken and it's broken and not being fixed for a reason. If the system is fixed, the TPTB can't keep going with these fraudulent elections. I mean seriously, how much fraud in the last 8 years has occurred during election counts? What I would like to see is someone who's actually trustworthy, stand outside the voting centers and do a proper exit count of EVERY voting center. It would take lots of people but it would certainly give I would hope, an honest result. Of course the government would say it was wrong because we know how honest those @sshats are.

I do like your idea though of "You all suck, now piss off" to paraphrase a bit LOL. But, what they do with those votes is they say they are damaged and destroy them. Because of representative "democracy" to obtain a vote of non-confidence, you have to get your "paid-off" shill representatives to actually represent your interests. That's not going to happen, these shills are only beholdin' to the highest bidder and that ain't you or me.

Btw, what does the "Dag" mean on your avi?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Btw, what does the "Dag" mean on your avi?

"Dag" is my character in the Space Opera (Voyages of the Penelope and the Yydryl) on the Collaborative Writing forum.....
check it out!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join