It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama vrs Romney? Don't vote!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
They say, "If you don't vote you don't count".

You don't count anyway.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This will be the 4th Presidential election now in which I will not vote. People will always vote, so even though your ideal is noble in principle, it's simply impossible without distracting the entire nation, including those volunteering at polling booths.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
This will be the 4th Presidential election now in which I will not vote. People will always vote, so even though your ideal is noble in principle, it's simply impossible without distracting the entire nation, including those volunteering at polling booths.

So what have you done to create any change? It sounds like you just gave up.
This is what they want. You have been absorbed.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wonhunlo

never voted never will. I saw through that bull even when I was a teenager. All the big fellas get a laugh during the election season watching the foolish get excited about regurgitated lies they hear every election.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Until there is an armed guard pointing a gun at me, keeping me from voting....I will exercise my Constitutional right to vote.

Des

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
can't wait to see the romneybots battle the obamabots in november.

romney has absolutely zero chance of winning.

reports are already saying obama has raised over a billion dollars for his campaign.

think of the power backing him to have invested over a billion dollars for his re-election.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
They both will have the same outcome so what is the point?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

It's not my decision how anyone in this country should live except for myself. There are very few political stances that 100% of the country favors, so I won't have any part of changing anyone's lives.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If you are American and actually a registered voter to have a stake for this then I think not voting is absurd if not disgraceful. The Presidential race isn't corrupted at the level people have to be thinking on to justify not going at all and geeze...The President is only ONE of the things on that largest of all the ballots we get to vote on.

You not only have the down ticket federal races of the Congress which may or may not be rigged at that level....the gerrymandering of the districts is probably enough...but Judges and down to the school boards for races. It's the WHOLE ball of wax and even Washington races as a WHOLE aren't as important as the stuff right in our own states and cities which are ALWAYS on the big election days.

Whatever everyone else does....definitely go vote. We have the LOCAL schools we do and we have things like the Police Departments we do...because people get pissed about the Presidents and don't go. So a small % decide badly on those NON-NATIONAL ISSUES for the majority who would likely have CHOSEN differently, if only they'd gone.

We're Americans. This is the only REAL power we ever get...such that it still is. It's even free. What is not to like?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wonhunlo

I gotta ask, because I have never seen it mentioned anywhere... Is there some percentage of the population that has to vote, otherwise elections are invalid?

That isn't to say that elections aren't rigged and totally bogus, personally I am pretty sure they all are. But if only one person voted or one hundred, would the results still be valid? What if 80% didn't vote and the government said that 60% did vote, how can you prove they lied, short of doing exit poles at every voting center. And they they would probably say your data is inaccurate.

Just wondering about this because I know so many people, like 90% of them, that refuse to vote because it means nothing. Most people I know are of the opinion that all doors lead to the basement of the same outhouse.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Oh don't joke about such numbers... 20%
I'm joking, but only half way.

% of average turn out

Wikipedia isn't a source to source...I know I know...but stats are stats and the 40-50% for American turnout is pretty solid all over the place. That link just gives other national numbers in the table to show how we're DEAD LAST in the world as it is for Voters bothering to show up at all. I could cry on some stories...and seeing those numbers is sure pretty close.

SO many nations in the 80-90 %. Whole nations...and new ones too. Then here we are. The United States at the bottom with not only a pathetic little 48%...No, there has to be Asterix too.
It notes the number is an Average...and non-presidential years are more like 40%.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
By not voting or doing something/anything, whether it's writing the guys name down on your slip that you want in office and marking that...you turn this Country into a Dictatorship!

That's what the evil boys want now on the hill and they are passing laws and doing all sorts of illegal shenanigans to turn it into communist state under the guise of freedom for all. Now you must show ID and that ID has to match up to your voter card. If you moved and didn't update your info, guess what you'll have to find time to do. What about the people that can't afford to pay or to run around getting it done? What about the folks that have warrants due to something as simple as an un-paid parking ticket. I see all sorts of problems with just that alone and it's already showing in the voter numbers that it worked to implement that law by half of the voters in a lot of spots especially in the financially challenged side of town.

Unfortunately all of Washington has basically been turned over to Wall Street, Oil, and special interest....the only way to over-come the evil in the house is to clean the whole damn house out!!!!!' almost impossible. The Fathers that wrote and tried to protect our future would be soooooooo pissed!

link   

edit on 7-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Same post in triples..

link   

edit on 7-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Who says you have to vote for either? There will be candidates from other political parties in the running, and a lot of states even allow write in votes.
If enough people just decided to say screw it and vote in a different direction all together it would really put a kink in the master plan.
But....if you don't vote at all, then you had better not voice a single complaint at all over the next 4 years. Don't make me send P Diddy after you.

Remember...Vote or Die!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Check out Gary Johnson who is pretty sure to win the Libertarian party nomination; he's at 7% currently in a head to head race against Obama and he's a virtual unknown. If he gets to 15%, they'll have to include him in the debates. Also check out Rocky Anderson, former mayor of Salt Lake City; pretty cool dude and started his own party, the Justice Party. He wants to put all the people in jail, that belong in jail, starting with the banksters.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Every American has a Constitutional obligation to vote.

As others have already stated, don't vote, then don't complain when you eventually lose that right.

NOT voting is basically a slap in the face of every person in every country that suffers under a dictatorship.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A good link, even if it is wikipedia, tnx, but it still doesn't answer the question of minimal percentage to declare an election invalid.

As an example, if only 10% of people vote, that would seem to indicate that 90% either don't care or are totally pissed off with the system. That would seem be an indicator that there is something wrong with the political system. I know the government likes to use "silence as consent" but that isn't always the actual case.

Therefore it would seem to be that minimum percentages should be put on voting turnout to give our rigged elections at least the appearance of validity.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well, I'm in the middle of reading the Constitution word by word and section by section for my Pol- College class and I sure haven't seen a thing about min. numbers or some form of quorum required. I know Congress has very specific regulations about numbers and % required to do business but I don't think even our Founders considered the possibility that so few would even come to care about things anymore for turnout itself to be a problem.

They went through so much trouble protecting our ability to vote and rights on everything...I just honestly don't believe those men could have conceived that all they fought and died for would reach the day it has now. Less than half even bother to give their opinion by a vote anymore. In that way, we do have the Government we deserve, eh?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Well, I'm in the middle of reading the Constitution word by word and section by section for my Pol- College class and I sure haven't seen a thing about min. numbers or some form of quorum required. I know Congress has very specific regulations about numbers and % required to do business but I don't think even our Founders considered the possibility that so few would even come to care about things anymore for turnout itself to be a problem.

They went through so much trouble protecting our ability to vote and rights on everything...I just honestly don't believe those men could have conceived that all they fought and died for would reach the day it has now. Less than half even bother to give their opinion by a vote anymore. In that way, we do have the Government we deserve, eh?

It would seem then, that only one vote is required. Now how does a government swing all the votes in one persons favor, hmmmm? Let's see, make everything a crime, check. Make sure that only dissenting people are targeted by the police for charges, check. Make sure all the judges are in the governments pocket, check. Once all the people against the government are in prison, they can't vote, TPTB wins, check.

Quite an oversight on the founding father's part I must say. Since you don't have to go to prison to be denied your vote, you just have to be under "house arrest." I think they call that marshal law as well.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<<   2 >>

join