It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Durbin Says We Must Buy Hybrid Cars Because Of Tornadoes: "It's Your Money Or Your Life"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Oh, sure any excuse to give more draconian power to the EPA. I wonder what's in it for them if they go through with this madness, pretty soon if they have their way we'll all be living the way they want us to , oh, I guess I should exempt the extreme elites in this country, as they're the only ones who are goinng to have any "spare" money to do anything with.
Anywhere else you come up with bad ideas one time too many you here the words that Donald Trump enjoys uttering "You're Fired"!!!! What are your thoughts on this the Chicken Little effect or just another power grabbing idea.
(Sorry can't embed video as I don't have latest version of flash can only do Youtube)

Real Clear Politics

Sen. Dick Durbin reacts to the tornadoes in Dallas, Texas earlier this week. Durbin calls for more laws regulating carbon output while he sends a dire warning that we must convert to hybrid cars or lose our life. Durbin says we must spend money now to fix the problem.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I don't get it. What's the connection he's making between hybrid cars and tornadoes again?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Debt Debt Debt we need more debt. Here, take out all these new loans on crappy cars. Our brothers at the banks need your money now. Those evil emissions cause tornadoes. Why wont anyone take me cereal?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sci-Fi_entist

The only connection I could think of is for the EPA to do more regulations on the auto industry, thus raising prices for cars, and some kind of kickback for them if they pass a law to enforce converting our cars to becoming hybrids, if that's even possible. Oh, look IRS gets some too if you buy a car.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I can't understand this whole hybrid car thing... I mean doesn't it cause more pollution making a new car then keeping the car you currently have running or buying a used car? Also, what is the plan for all these dead batteries that can't be disposed of easily or in environmentally sound ways once the life of the car is over?

And now global warning is going to be blamed for tornadoes? WTF?
edit on 6-4-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Personally i am getting tired of their threats. I am getting even more tired of people putting up with it. This carbon thing is nothing but their newest scam. I guess they are running out of things to steal.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Durbin is from Illinois.

Chicago has the Chicago Climate Exchange.

It's a financial Market just like the futures exchanges and stock markets.

They trade credits for Money, not for anybody's environmental protection.

The only "protection" they desire is their own money, nothing else.

This is a standard con game, nothing else.

Big money involved. Don't get suckered into the pathetic environMENTAL BeeEss.

Chicago Climate Exchange

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

"Spend the money now to protect future generations." - Senator Durbin
????

How is perpetuating our debt and making our children and grandchildren fiscally responsible for it protecting them?
The people aren't the ones who need to change, it's the oil industries that need to allow these alternate technologies to come forth and be mass produced.
I heard about the 100 mile a gallon carburetor twenty years ago. Where is it?

You mean to tell me they can't fix the over unity problems with Hydrogen so we can run Hydrogen engines? I don't believe it. The reason we don't have mass produced cars running on Hydrogen is because you can easily produce Hydrogen in your kitchen from the water out of your tap, salt, few pieces of metal and a battery. Plus water falls out of the sky and flows down streams. There is no money in it. If they mass produce an engine we would figure out how to fill up at home and they know this.

We are the money supply they so desperately want and they always find a need to scare us into giving it up. This Senator Durbin is either part of the scam or blindly believes more money will buy us cleaner air. Most Politicians are nothing but snake oil salesmen.
edit on 6-4-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Here is another reason for Durbin's fickle.

The Energy Department said Thursday it expects to begin tentatively approving new taxpayer-backed loans for renewable energy projects in the coming months.

The announcement comes about seven months after Solyndra, the California solar firm that received a $535 million loan guarantee from the administration in 2009, went bankrupt, setting off a firestorm in Washington.
Energy Department prepares to approve more green loans
( 04/05/12 04:02 PM ET )

More Obama cronies get rich on your dime

The energy projects may be good in theory, but the corruption and graft will kill you
faster than the environment !!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

now global warning is going to be blamed for tornadoes?

When you put more energy (warming) into the atmosphere, you get more storms. It seems like pretty basic logic.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
A few months ago a very smart person on Fox News told me global warming was a hoax, since it was getting colder.
Now, in the past few months it has consistantly been getting warmer. So using the very same logic I arrive at the conclusion that global warming is real. (I expect a clever Fox News person to back me up on this any day now)

Of course I too think that praying is the way to solve these problems and not some mumbo-jumbo about emissions.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

What? This makes literally ZERO sense. That's like saying you need to buy a computer because of pizza. I don't see the connection...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by narwahl
A few months ago a very smart person on Fox News told me global warming was a hoax, since it was getting colder.
Now, in the past few months it has consistantly been getting warmer. So using the very same logic I arrive at the conclusion that global warming is real. (I expect a clever Fox News person to back me up on this any day now)

Of course I too think that praying is the way to solve these problems and not some mumbo-jumbo about emissions.

Let me help you out.

Winter = Cold
Spring = Warm
Summer = Hot
Fall = Cool

Even though I watch FOX News, I did not learn this from them.

As far as Durbin goes...What can you say? The guy is a typical liberal Democrat. No rational thoughts only feelings.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Interesting!
So you assume it's cyclical?
Do you have any sources for that? Smart Fox News People definitely do not seem to agree with you.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Surprised he didn't call for a "twister tax" where everyone pays an additional 20% income tax. you know... till we get ... um .. carbon under control. And stop twisters. It can all happen.. we just need more money

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's so embarrassing, Durbin of all people, these crazy crooked do nothing but run Illinois into the ground politicians are gonna fix America,

Heaven help us.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sci-Fi_entist
I don't get it. What's the connection he's making between hybrid cars and tornadoes again?

It's just more of the Climate Change co2 footprint scam. The Democrats want so badly to have the global carbon tax. Even Bill Gates is spouting this kind of nonsense. I thought he's supposed to be some kind of genius nerd/geek but he buys into the bogus Climate Change stuff. I was just watching on some cable channel last night his classic talk at the TED conference.

top topics

join