It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Under Your Bed ??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
In the sticks, a great many non-boogey things may be under the bed. Like a recluse spider, or a giant hopping spider, or a giant mosquito or a deer tick. You should always check your bed for bedbugs if you're getting the creepy feeling at night. Lately I've been waking up with spider bites, big ones, around my feet. Not toxic, but hopping spider bites, angry that my leg has invaded their hidey place.

If you go to bed with a clean house you're less likely to get evil spirits at night. Clean sheets, all natural fibers in pillows too, even feathers. Not a vegan choice, feathers, but polyester will influence your dreams, and from my experience will make me wake up crankier than usual.

Under my bed is a bunch of dust and a palette of coils from an old mattress that needs to be thrown out. [/quote

If you have bugs that a biting you id call an exterminator and get rid of that problem ..I live out in the sticks and i know i haven't any bugs in my house or in my bed that would be freaky..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sugarcookie1

What's under my bed?
Dust bunnies.

Seriously?

Sleep and I are old enemies. I'm a long suffering insomniac. When I finally go to bed, it's to sleep. Pitch black room, white noise, no distractions.
Any monsters under my bed are too afraid to wake me.
(I get ouchy, if woken, can never get back to sleep!)

I'm a insomniac also and a night owl i have terrible sleep problems but its due to allot of the meds i take so i take ambiem for sleep even on that i sleep with one eye open its never ending for me..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I saw the shapes that would form the corners of my room also..But i had a plan for that i saves all my popsicle sticks and made crosses out of them and had those all over my room i was a paranoid little kid
peace,sugarcookie1

Good plan with the sticks-They didn't get you I see,so it worked.

that would make a great film scene I think.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

I saw the shapes that would form the corners of my room also..But i had a plan for that i saves all my popsicle sticks and made crosses out of them and had those all over my room i was a paranoid little kid
peace,sugarcookie1

Good plan with the sticks-They didn't get you I see,so it worked.

that would make a great film scene I think.

Yep the popsicle sticks saved me i even rember asking my parents to nail my windows shut or glue them i even had popsicle stick crosses taped to my window i tied the cross together with different colored yarn i have no idea what brought me to this extreme that has lasted into adulthood..I cant read the doom and gloom threads here on ATS very often that sparks my mind into action..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

A quick survey of conditions under my bed reveals the following:

-One lonely old yellow sock
-One June 2010 issue of LA Weekly, unpleasantly creased.
-Several frighteningly large dust-balls that may be close to achieving sentience

-One penny (dated 1978)
-One nickel (dated 1994)
-One terribly scratched Immortal Technique compact disc, owner unknown
-One half-finished and abandoned journal
-One recipt, recording an unknown $2.41 purchase
-Scap of paper with name, contact info, and silly drawing by guy who tried to hit on me last week
-One to-do list, forgotten, tasks undone
-One musty slipper

I guess there is a reason I use a long bed cover that extends down to the floor.

edit on 4/7/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist

A quick survey of conditions under my bed reveals the following:

-One lonely old yellow sock
-One June 2010 issue of LA Weekly, unpleasantly creased.
-Several frighteningly large dust-balls that may be close to achieving sentience

-One penny (dated 1978)
-One nickel (dated 1994)
-One terribly scratched Immortal Technique compact disc, owner unknown
-One half-finished and abandoned journal
-One recipt, recording an unknown $2.41 purchase
-Scap of paper with name, contact info, and silly drawing by guy who tried to hit on me last week
-One to-do list, forgotten, tasks undone
-One musty slipper

I guess there is a reason I use a long bed cover that extends down to the floor.

edit on 4/7/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

You have some interesting stuff under your bed ..Thats all i have on my bed is extra long bed covers that extend down to the floor..I'm sure there is a few dust dust balls under mine also..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
What is under my bed?
I don't know and don't want to find out.

Even at the age of 65 I still do not hang an arm or foot off my bed at night.
Why?
Because the hands of whatever is under my bed will touch my hands or feet.

I did think I was insane until I found many people have the same fears.

Probably stems from those old black and white horror movies I enjoyed watching as a child.

^^this^^

When I was younger, I had an experience (probably a dream) and I had a foot hanging right at the edge of the bed, uncovered. And something grabbed it and squeezed. Terrifying. Scarred for life.

Now, no parts sticking out from under the covers, must sleep at least 6 inches from the edges (preferably right in the middle, to my husband's dismay).

On the mundane level, I don't keep anything under my bed. I feel like it would make my room cluttered. I try to stay pretty minimalist in my room, and just knowing there is stuff under the bed would make me feel claustrophobic.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I have quite a few items under my bed..............
Three french hens.
Two turtle doves.
And a pentagram with a goats head on it.
The last one keeps the Jehovas witnesses away.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
theres like an ice pack, an old phone that really should be hooked up, socks, a keyboard, and a book about Canadian spys

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I always only had beds with a drawer underneath or the ability to tilt up the mattress and then there was the storage space. So i was never afraid of something under my bed because if ther was, it was trapped inside my bed.

At my parents house my old room still has my old bed and it's filled with the same stuff since 20 years: Old board games, puzzles, a collection of old Rock Hard and Metal Hammer magazines, some comics, a unfinished Pirate Ship building kit and some toy cars. The only thing i salvaged from there over the years was my WWF wrestling action figure collection

On my actual bed now, there's nothing underneath, except for water and wood as it is a water bed

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Not under my bed... in my doorway...

Dark misty apparitions... they still show up on occasion, but have never crossed the threshold.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I am VERY glad to see im not the only one who don't like my hands+feet sticking out over the edges of the bed. Thanks Sugarcookie! I just always have this feeling some thing might touch my hand or foot if it sticks out-too many horror movies maybe-or maybe not? Because im not scared of the dark,and i dont really get creeped out by anything in the horror genre,except 28 Days Later..but the infected won't have the patience to hide under beds,they are balls-to-the-wall kinda folks,lol! Also my Fox Terrier sleeps right next to my bed on a blanket,but,still...anyway,i got curious now and actualy looked under my bed-a cobweb that's caught some dustbunnies..more dustbunnies,and a small grey+pink elephant soft-toy.And of course the Invisible Potential Toucher of Hands+Feet.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

To this day I don't like sleeping with my feet out from under the covers or with my arm hanging off the bed. A habit born from childhood fears i always thought there was alligators under my bed when i turned off the light they were just waiting to bite me i still have this fear of looking under my bed..So whats under your bed? Or your childhood fears of what might be hideing under your bed at night when the lights go out? Peace,sugarcookie1

I used to be like that.
The thought of "OMG what if something bumped me" I still don't generally have my arms hanging out (mostly a comfort thing but since the age of 14 i've been longer than most beds at 6foot3inches so my feet do hang out if I lay straight on my back.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

That doll caused me a few sleepless nights.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It's boring I know but....
All I have is boxes and boxes of books I have nowhere to put right now.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
There is a reason for kids being not allowed to watch horror movies....
It attacks subconsciousness. We have this uncertain fears very deep. Probably it's amygdala playing with us. Ancient fear of insect and snakes on the ground maybe.
Yeah Paranormal Activity activated my amygdala for few nights...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I can't quite put my finger on it- but, I absolutely Love This Thread! Must have something to do with the lack of arguing and negativity, and the nice personal touch put to all these posts. You can really get to know someone by their bedtime habits and nighttime fears from childhood. Makes me feel all cozy like a really special sleepover with all my old neighborhood pals, staying up late talking about all kinds of stuff. I used to tell myself I had to run and jump into bed to avoid being grabbed from below, but I think it was just an excuse to have to run and jump... I used to fancy myself a ninja. Now that I'm 19 years old, I don't really know why I do it. Just habit, I guess. It really upsets my 24 year old girlfriend when she has to work in the morning and I've been up ATSin until 3 or 4am. She wants me to get a job so I know how it feels to have to wake up early, but I tell her ATS IS my job, so I can keep us safe in case someone decodes a false flag attack before it happens, or if the NWO comes alive and gets us, or someone finds Nibiru... I guess that's what's under My bed... Nibiru

P.S. Everything after the word "ninja" was just me making stuff up for my and your entertainment... Everything before that was true, especially how I love this thread. As is this... After my sisters and I watched Fire In The Sky, and went to bed, all 4 of us in the same room cause we were poor, I would go quietly up to my oldest sisters ear and whisper in a scary kind of voice "Fire in the Sky", and she would hate it so much and threaten to go tell the parents so I would stop. The reason I did it was because the movie scared me so much that it made me feel more at ease like everything was ok when I saw someone else be even more scared than I was... I think that was the year the parents made a room for me out in the garage, which I absolutely loved, but I still always remember fondly when I used to tell stories to my younger sisters. They usually weren't scary, but every now and then I would get a special guilty pleasure from scaring the heck out of them and hearing their pleas for me to stop. Of course now I feel terrible for it, however brief it was, terror is never ok. I don't think it was because I was inherently mean. I think it was more my 10 year olds way of dealing with my parents totalitarian way of parenting that gave me no power over anything. This was my way of having some power over something. In fact I think I enjoyed it more when I would change to a good story to sooth them from the terror I had caused them. I guess I was a pretty twisted kid at times. Like one of my friends, who never had siblings, used to do with his dog. He would scold it for no reason, only to then pet it and hug it saying "its ok Bitsy, its ok..." and then it would lick his face and show him affection. Kind of how the government causes a problem only to provide the solution. Maybe the end result my friend and I wanted was to be loved and appreciated, so we caused the terror in order to be the cause of the solution and receive the appreciation for providing the solution. Wow some of us are pretty messed up... It's disturbing to me just thinking about it. Even though I have heard of kids doing much worse, it still bothers me because that was ME doing that! It's a wonder how I went from that to being the kindhearted, loving person I am today who would do anything to comfort someone scared or distressed... Maybe it had something to do with me moving out of that opressive environment when I was 12-13 to go live with my real mom.

Anyway thanks for the thread. This thought process I just had may have helped me get a foothold on my next step toward healing from my past. I apologise if it went too off topic and for bringing you all on the ride with me. I guess the miss will edit/move/or remove my post as is deemed necessary.

...why did I put "move" in there? As if they will move my post into some random person's thread...
Or how would that work, would they just give my post its own thread? What am I talking about?! They wouldn't do it at all! Wasn't that the premise on which I began this paragraph? Wow, can't wait to see how the next one goes...

My favorite way to fall asleep is to imagine that scene from Leonardo DiCaprio's movie The Beach, where he's swimming in the water with that beautiful foreign girl, and all those little plankton type things are glowing in the water, and the song "Porcelain" by Moby is playing.... The thought isn't complete without the song playing in your head, too. Then you can sleep peacefully.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What's under my bed?

Well here's what I HOPE isn't under my bed. I hope there's no crazy killer lying on the floor under my bed, just waiting to shove those two ginormous double edged knives he's holding in each hand up through the bed with such force that they rip through my body and I can see the bloody tips of the knives sticking out of my abdomen.

Since I was a kid, that's always what I hoped wasn't under my bed. I don't know where that fear comes from, but I have a horrible fear of this.

Sorry if I put any thoughts into your head and have given you a new fear.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

I have quite a few items under my bed..............
Three french hens.
Two turtle doves.
And a pentagram with a goats head on it.
The last one keeps the Jehovas witnesses away.

A pentagram
I hope your kidding
But yes that would keep the jovie's away) peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
theres like an ice pack, an old phone that really should be hooked up, socks, a keyboard, and a book about Canadian spys

Well you have no fears and thats good there is nothing under my bed but it would be a good place to store books..thanks for posting ,peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join