It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Under Your Bed ??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
There were normally vampires or some kind of demon monsters under my bed when I was little because I watched a lot of horror movies. For the longest time I wouldn't sleep in darkness either because when I used to sleep in my parents' room when I was really young, there was total darkness and they always left their door open so that I could see out into the darkness and I used to let my imagination get away with me and I'd see all kinds of creepy crawlies out there in the dark. Nowadays I don't feel too creeped out about bed monsters unless I've read a certain web story which I will paraphrase type out below for your own personal enjoyment.

"One night a young girl was home alone for the night with her parents away at an event. She was told to make sure all of the doors were locked but couldn't get the basement window to lock. She didn't think it was a very big deal and so went to bed nervously her dog by her side. She woke a bit later in total darkness looking around her room in fear seeing that her dog was not there. She stuck a hand under her bed and felt licking on her hand and so reassured went back to sleep. She woke again a bit later in darkness and put her hand down for that reassuring lick again. Hours later she woke up having to go to the bathroom and so timidly she went into the bathroom and... Turned on the light.

As the room lit up with the brightness, she saw blood all over coating the walls. She looked and screamed as she saw her poor dog's sliced and stabbed body hung from one of the walls. She then looked at the mirror and painted in her dog's blood written there was "People can lick too."

Myomistress
That story will have me up all night !! That was soooooo creepy "People can lick too."
yikes thanks for posting ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I sleep in a room full of all the items bought from estate sales (sale of the worldly possesions of the recently deceased). Sometimes its pretty interesting in there

I've always been a bit sensitive to "vibes".I can sometime tell by walking into a residence if the person expired there in their home.(not 100% just a "vibe".) Sometimes I can feel their presence watching over the sale.
I dont worry about any residual bad mojo coming home with me and causing havoc. I beleive that if your "filled with the light" and not in fear of evil, the darkness, ghosts whatever, your are safe. I do not fear the dark in any form

Plus I play all the old records I have on an old turntable (both estate sale finds) I will occasionally ask, "what do you all think of that one" aloud in the room. I sometimes get a pop or hear something move slightly. I get the most reaction with Herb Alpert & his Tiaquana Brass
No kiddin'
I will say aloud while in the room full of stuff "this is some neat stuff I got here, I will do my best to find good homes for your stuff" I get a good vibe off of that too.

Anyways as bizarre as this sounds that's my life and its good.
When I shed my earthly husk I hope there's a guy like me at my estate sale to take care of my stuff!

If he plays DEVO, Gary Numan, or Blondie I'll be sure to give him a "pop" of approval

edit on 6-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin

edit on 6-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avalessa
I have a loft bed so under my bed is a laptop on a desk and a small couch.

Sounds like you have a nice safe environment to sleep your lucky! sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

I sleep in a room full of all the items bought from estate sales (sale of the worldly possesions of the recently deceased). Sometimes its pretty interesting in there

I've always been a bit sensitive to "vibes".I can sometime tell by walking into a residence if the person expired there in their home.(not 100% just a "vibe".) Sometimes I can feel their presence watching over the sale.
I dont worry about any residual bad mojo coming home with me and causing havoc. I beleive that if your "filled with the light" and not in fear of evil, the darkness, ghosts whatever, your are safe. I do not fear the dark in any form

Plus I play all the old records I have on an old turntable (both estate sale finds) I will occasionally ask, "what do you all think of that one" aloud in the room. I sometimes get a pop or hear something move slightly. I get the most reaction with Herb Alpert & his Tiaquana Brass
No kiddin'
I will say aloud while in the room full of stuff "this is some neat stuff I got here, I will do my best to find good homes for your stuff" I get a good vibe off of that too.

Anyways as bizarre as this sounds that's my life and its good.
When I shed my earthly husk I hope there's a guy like me at my estate sale to take care of my stuff!

If he plays DEVO, Gary Numan, or Blondie I'll be sure to give him a "pop" of approval

edit on 6-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin

edit on 6-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

grubblesnert
I admire you to be able to buy things like that and be able to deal with it i would have a hard time with it personally everything spooks me but hey your happy and thats all that counts..thank you for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Scary warning:

ETA Now, can I get a hug?

edit on 6/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Total lax, I heard that story before somewhere. I forgot were but ya it's a good bedtime story. But it always made me ask questions since it does not fit together. You know stuff like how can a full blown human fit under the bed, it must be a pretty high off the ground bed.

And dogs usually can sense when others are in the room, and if the dog was dead before she got in the room then why did it say she went to sleep with her dog next to her. And how do you kill a dog without making any noise whatsoever which would be literally like a couple feet away from were she was sleeping...And not to mention much less write on mirrors in total darkness and you cant see what your writing, you would think the dog killer would at least have misspelled a word or two.

Nope the story makes little sense, it's like totally illogical, has many holes in it, yes many holes. That must be one sneaky, dog killing, bed hiding, palm licking person, and such a person since in the mirror it said "people can lick to" is not likely to pull it off without a sound at all even if they tranquilize the dog, no the whole story makes no sense. Very few people can do it, even if they were a professional ninja it is not an easy thing to achieve.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessofSwords

you will feel better about life if you work on your fears and overcome them. you are the master of your mind and spirit. Learn to meditate to find peace. Dont sleep with a radio unless you want to subject yourself to a night of commercials and other people jabber. Learn about light and dark forces and how to live in the light of peace and love. Master your enviroment and you will be confident in all areas of your life.
You will be able to walk in complete darkness with out fear of what ever presence you fel around you because you will KNOW that whatever the intent of the entity you are strong of mind and spirit and untouchable. Works for me!

you can do it too!

Best Regards and love to all

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
Nothing under my bed..Just old junk or things that I put there long ago and forgotten.

But just in case I will check tonight while the silence sets, to see if I find something under there, besides the junk or possibly my cat sleeping.

You know its funny how all the scary movies that I seen when small now that I watch them again, they seem like comedies to me. I don't even mind walking in the dark, in fact i do it anyways. Even in the middle of the night if I have to get up and hit the bathroom or fridge I walk all over the house in complete darkness, sometimes stubbing my toes and sometimes not.

There are things to fear out there but I did not find them under my bed op.

galadofwarthethird
I hope there is nothing under your bed when you check
But i do understand what you mean my grandma use to tell me( Its not the dead you have to worry about its the living ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Scary warning:

ETA Now, can I get a hug?

edit on 6/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

Awww thats cute! hugs..sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Thank you! I was like you, it's a natural feeling, but since I was sensitive to this stuff I knew I had to be the one "in charge" or fear something bad creeping into my head, 'cause that's how it happens

Good Night to you all

edit on 6-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: nevermind

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ive always wondered why I think nothing can get me under my blankie? As long as my feet are covered, i can strategically place blankie over head and magically it disappears. Like the evil entity cant find me with this elaborate peek a boo trick
Somehow its especially frightened/blinded by big thick comforters. Mirrors and open bathrooms really creep me out at night.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
What is under my bed?
I don't know and don't want to find out.

Even at the age of 65 I still do not hang an arm or foot off my bed at night.
Why?
Because the hands of whatever is under my bed will touch my hands or feet.

I did think I was insane until I found many people have the same fears.

Probably stems from those old black and white horror movies I enjoyed watching as a child.

dizziedame
I think our environment and what we watch has alot to do with our fears i know it does mine..thanks for posting,peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Thank you! I was like you, it's a natural feeling, but since I was sensitive to this stuff I knew I had to be the one "in charge" or fear something bad creeping into my head, 'cause that's how it happens

Good Night to you all

edit on 6-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: nevermind

Thanks for posting and sweet dreams
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Ive always wondered why I think nothing can get me under my blankie? As long as my feet are covered, i can strategically place blankie over head and magically it disappears. Like the evil entity cant find me with this elaborate peek a boo trick
Somehow its especially frightened/blinded by big thick comforters. Mirrors and open bathrooms really creep me out at night.

Mirrors and open bathrooms never bothered me but that could become my newest nightmare
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I have a divan bed with drawers so it's as close to the floor as can be, there's probably dust under there though.

When I was a kid I used to sleep with the quilt wrapped around me like a sleeping bag and I would sleep with my head covered too. How I didn't suffocate I'll never know. I'm not sure what sparked my fear of something coming to get me.

My mum said my cousin put on some horror makeup and jumped out on me when I was really little, but in that instance I ran home and hid under my bed. In later years I also used to turn off the light and do a run and jump onto the bed so nothing could grab my legs as I got into bed.

I think I saw a horror film as a kid where something was grabbing people from a heating vent in the floor under the bed.

I still don't like exposing my feet at night but I can wander the house in the dark, and I don't have to run and jump anymore, nor do I cover my head up with the quilt.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Here is a thread from 2010 that I put up that does some mild connecting of something under the bed and ETs. I would not claim that such is the case in all cases, but it fit with me.

UFO Boogie Man Under the Bed

As I write this, it occurs to me that a youngster will automatically assume that creatures will appear from the closet or from unde the bed, two places where they live and can remain out of sight until they wish to appear. A litle kid wouldn't think that genuine ETs would suddenly appear in the room via some extraordinary means.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Ah yes, I think that movie was "Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte" from 1964. (Bette Davis.) It frightened the heck out of me too. I saw it on TV maybe two or three years after it was released.

To the OP: I never had much of a problem with things under my bed and geenrally used that space to stroe my train set, but for years I didn't like sleeping with my bedroom window open. When I was about 8, I had a nightmare about a giant Easter egg -- with arms, legs and shark-like teeth -- that smashed my window and climbed into my room to "get me". I woke up screaming and recall my mother coming in to comfort me. I was pointing at the window (which was open) and unable to tell her what I'd "seen".

Oddly, it was nowhere near Easter so I have no idea how the association came about.

Mike

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This seems to fit, the lyrics to the Curved Air song, Phanstasmagoria:

I bet you sometimes wonder
What is standing right behind you
Keep looking over your shoulder to see if it's there
For some the church bell pealing
For some the risk of feeling and stealing
Quietly alone through the night looking under the bed

Don't ring for a taxi
Don't call a policeman
Don't send for a doctor he'll just give you pills
Don't hide in the cellar
You may not believe it
It's probably friendly, just alone like you

You run upstairs to lie there
Waiting for the floor to creak and
And something goes bumpity bumpity bump up the stairs
The time has come to wonder
Who could be the owner
of that cold clammy hand that's exploring the end of the bed

Don't ring for a taxi
Don't call a policeman
Don't hide in the cellar
You may not believe it

Just think of the summer
And swimming in sky blue, drift your mind away

So when next time comes
You feel you're being followed by a
Ghoul with a highly intelligent bear for a pet
Just turn and lead it by the hand
And lead it home and tell it
“Take it from me that you need all the friends you can get”

Don't ring for a taxi
Don't call a policeman
Don't hide in the cellar
You may not believe it

So if you get lonely
Just think of the summer
And swimming in sky blue, drift your mind away
La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la la-la la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la

edit on 7-4-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

edit on 7-4-2012 by Lazarus Short because: dddddddd

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by staple
Last time I looked that menacing clown was still there....JK

Some movie with a clown under the bed(not IT but about the same) made me fear looking under the bed in the dark. One day I built up the courage and looked.

Another fear when young was when eyes are closed in the shower. Poltergeist bathtub scene spooked me. As a kid it would seem that the bathroom walls would be "breathing". It spooked me out for a long time. Got over the fear but the walls still breath.

edit on 4/6/2012 by staple because: (no reason given)

Was the clown from the movie Poltergeist? Scarred my brother for life!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I never really worried about something under my bed, although I was quite adept at the run-and-leap-across-the-room-so-your-feet-don't-get-near-the-bed manuever.

However, i never had a lot of friends spend the night with me. They would stay once or twice, then that was it. Never understood why.

In high school I asked one of my best friends why we always had sleep overs at her house. Her response? (and I swear I don't remember doing this)

"The one time I spent the night with you, right before we went to sleep, you opened your window and told me that was so the vampires could get inside. Then YOU went to sleep and I stayed up all night long."

Ah...childhood....

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join