It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Partial Solar Event (Not a prediction, just a few questions)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I was wondering what would take place in the event of a partial solar event striking part of the world. For instance, if North and South America were hit with a solar event that took out the power grid would other nations, larger powers or the new super power take advantage militarily?

I wonder if the Pentagon has prepared for this type of event and what would actually be damaged in a worst case scenario? Would our Samson or M.A.D option still be available to us at least in a limited capacity?

Let's just say its limited to for the most part the United States. We are so hated around the world, would we be left to pick up the pieces or would the rest of the world come to our aid, or would they decide collectively to just finish us off? If its the latter who could we count on as allies if any?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

Regardless of when, where, who what, and how any sort of event happens, whether it's viral, nuclear, natural earth based. natural solar, natural meteor, etc, any and everyone that can take advantage for profit, favoritism, or any kind of elevation or influence in control of power will do so.

For some, this will be done on courses of least risk.
For others, higher risks are taken.

Military action may very well well be considered, but, with an inability to respond to any threats through conventional means, the US in particular has nuclear subs, and other similar heavy handed response abilities out in the field to serve as deterrent for anyone attempting something overt.

Whatever the case, where profit or power can get gotten, those who can and will, will.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

i think that by the time any foreign powers got here to finish us off they would find that we had already done it ourselves.....

less than a week and most major cities would be left in ruin

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Personally, I think they would laugh and then come in for the kill. I also don't think they would differentiate between the people and the government.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Good point. I suspect there maybe those that would take advantage but there are many more people with families and morals than there are with no morals at all.

It would be a mega disaster for sure, but would we resort to total civil chaos where our civilization ceased to exist or would we find a way in the end to rebuild and carry on as a country? I am a bit more optimistic but maybe I am also a bit more gullible when it comes to what the United States is or maybe was?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
An event that caused damage would hit everywhere.

Yes every military faction would move to attempt it but none are large enough to gain complete control.

new topics

top topics

join