It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA's Broken Promise(s) - what else is new?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
i just saved a bunch of worthless money by switching to GEICO

4 yrs ago Obama promised to "immediately" require GMO food labelling, if elected. His 4 year term is almost done and he hasn't even tried. In fact, Obama signed a huge Food Safety bill (HR2751) and it his promise was apparently forgotten altogether.

Today, an estimated 80% of processed foods contain GMOs. Americans have been demanding GMO labelling for over 20 years, and Obama lied to us all. FDA required 800,000 signatures to get y Monsanto GE monopoly food giant, gave the concerned American a huge slap in the face and nasty bureaucratic red tape..

oh look, ATS's newest RECAP covers it!
the FDA's Deletion of some 10,000,000 signatures, reducing the # of recognized down to a measly 300,000 - in order to BLOCK the GMO Labelling act from going on the Ballot. Of course, Monsanto is behind that move, who else would be

edit on 6-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Politicians break promises, what else is new?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

A Pathological LIAR if I Ever saw one . The Man is Not Aware TRUTH Exists . Whomever Voted for this Sorry Excuse for a Human Being should be Ashamed of Themselves............

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Politicians break promises, what else is new?

Breaking a promise leaves us to assume that the intention was to keep the promise in the first place.

"Politicians Lie"....would be more accurate I believe.

And Obama is the Master at it.

Peace

edit on 6-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
re-election... on the premise of fulfilling outstanding promise

he did say immediately, though.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
What I don't get is that most people know politicians to be corrupt liars and yet still vote for them anyway. I don't get it. Trying the same thing expecting different results. Yet when confronted about corruption people will label anyone whom speaks the truth to be a conspiracy theorist. That last liar was no good this time around we better put this better liar in position to screw us over, maybe we will get ahead of the game this time.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

It's not as if the big picture would change with Romney or McCain is it.... yes I was hoping for GMO Labelling but apparently we have to get it directly onto state ballots for it to have a shot at getting passed anyway.

Of more immediate interest is another piece of bipartisan supported legislation coming up...

H.R. 3523, a piece of legislation dubbed the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (or CISPA for short) has vague definitions that could allow Congress to circumvent existing exemptions to online privacy laws and essentially monitor, censor and stop any online communication that it considers disruptive to the government or private parties.

Here's the link to the current ATS discussion thread .....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are voting on this in 2 weeks time....
edit on 6-4-2012 by AliceBlackman because: spelling error

top topics

join