It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seems like it's impossible to get attention for the new Internet Censorship Bill due to be passed i

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

To embed copy only what comes after the = in the link to the pop up, also leave off the &featured. For this one it is Ee6pEGch1QU that would go into the popup

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

This problem with congress/laws/etc. seems like a real no-brainer to me. Internet "users" are getting exploited because they are using poorly written software to access the internet.

Since there are fewer types of individual pieces of software than there are users, it would be both more effective and more efficient to make the internet software non-exploitable.

So, all congress really needs to do is pass a law that states all software used on the internet has to be non-exploitable and if found to be exploitable, heavy fines ensue.

That way, the people who are making the software and making money from it are responsible for their product and "punished" if it is substandard, not the people paying for it. Isn't that how it's supposed to be?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/7.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

demandprogress.org....go here for a petition....it won't let me sign it from Australia but you can, spread the word for all of us

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
If CISPA and other similar SOPBA-like laws do actually get through there will be a point where the geeks will say enough's enough and start building their own "new" internet. It's not as far fetched of an idea as it sounds..

We have.

We have had it for years.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrietcapes

demandprogress.org....go here for a petition....it won't let me sign it from Australia but you can, spread the word for all of us

Hi looks like a great site, thanks for the link, there is an international petition site up and running...

www.avaaz.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by LordGoofus
If CISPA and other similar SOPBA-like laws do actually get through there will be a point where the geeks will say enough's enough and start building their own "new" internet. It's not as far fetched of an idea as it sounds..

We have.

We have had it for years.

care to share more info ?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
When 9/11 occurred, the NSA admitted that they had recordings of the plotters planning 9/11 on the phone.

Trouble is, that they had so many recordings that it took the computers 3 days to sift through all the calls looking for keywords.

They ADMITTED recording every single phone call made in America, even amongst average Americans, and there was absolutely ZERO national outrage at the time, or since.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I remember back then that anyone grumbling on MSM was shot down with being "un patriotic" if they thought it was illegal to have all that monitoring. I think the Wall Street Journal / Time mentioned something but way after the fact....

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Man, one after another I swear..... All I have to say is when and how do we start cutting the heads off the hydra?

Beo

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Who is going to make all these cyber attacks. Some people in a back room of some government building and blame it on someone else. No one can prove other wise, well not from where I am sitting and this is how they get away with this crap. They could already get all your information from birth to where you had your latest night out way before facebook and twitter and what have you. There was a show like Donahue or something like that my Dad saw and the guy on stage ask one guy his name and came back 10 minutes later with a little bit of history and the guy said " Just imagine if I had an hour or a whole day." They already know who is part of or is looking to be part of this terrorism game I wouldn't expect other wise. This is just to censor information so no one will find out what the government is doing so they can speed up their plan of control. It is like when you cheat on your partner you think maybe your partner is cheat too. USA is committing terrorism so they accuse everyone else of committing terrorism. A state of paranoia which the TPTB created themselves. If you didn't watch tv or read newspapers or read news on the internet you wouldn't know what the hell is going on. They don't a well informed populace.The old saying knowledge is power is so true.PROFUNC was a secret Canadian program in the 50's to have a list of potential threats of people who are communist so they already know how to gather information without the internet.Now if you say that s*** is the bomb in your email or twitter, almost like saying hi to your friend Jack at the airport you will be on the list. It is getting comical how freedom is getting eroded.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Reply to post by Iamschist

That is exactly how it is, just like a Hydra. Amazing how the US government acts like a terrorist cell, they try to overstep their boundaries, we say no, they try another section of fence, hoping no one is paying attention. I hope the masses realize in order to defeat a persistent enemy you have to be diligent. TPTB are not going to surrender, their goal and stubborness should be clear by now, so we should get used to blocking enslavement laws on a weekly basis. "They" are not going to give up. Neither should we.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
its amazing we preach democracy and freedom all over the world but their taking ours away,
god how i hate hipocracy

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DoNotForgetMe

It is those long haul battles that are the most difficult. The siege continues to be effective. Americans do not do well in long drawn out conflicts. We grow weary and just want an end to the battle, forgetting the origins of the war. I hope those of us, passionate about this one last bastion of freedom, the net, can endure.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

most people just do not want to even thing such a thing could happen so they just do not listen.

Yes, you are absolutely right!!!! People do not realize how deep the Orwellian rabbit hole goes and how serious TPTB are in implementing the Animal Farm Totalitarian State in which they have ultimate control over everyone's lives cradle to grave. I am 100 % against Nanny Statism and Nanny Netism. I am however not against keeping Chinese cyber rats from burrowing into our networks. I read somewhere that data from the US got routed through Chinese servers and to me that could be pretty crazy, especially considering how much US owes China.
Hillary is a Marxist and likely does not care if we are subjugated to Communist China.
How can we keep cyber security without sacrificing freedom?
edit on 7-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by babybunnies

So watching us while watching known terrorists slowed down the process, allowing the attacks on Sept. 11 to take place. Well, that and the coincidental training exercise. But I have to hush that kind of talk before I get labeled a Truther by the CIA plants all over cyberspace, cannot have people looking for truth in the worldwide web of lies.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DoNotForgetMe

The US is just trying Chinese Communist style censorship and control. It's not like the US started all that. TPTB are in every country seeking to destroy freedom wherever they can because communism must control and censor in order to maintain it's centralized bureaucracy. Call it whatever ism you like though, Capitalism, communism, globalism, Totalitarianism, whatever term you are happy with.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
YAY!!! RON PAUL2012!!!!

He won't censor the internet! He's AWESOME!!

He will just.. deregulate it… …so that private interest.. ..that actually runs it.. ..can decide which sites to allow to function.. like the MSM.. and which ones NOT to function.. ..like anything counter to MSM.. …DAMNIT!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

All that stuff is monitored via Menwith Hill satellite spy station in England. Because of rules, we have to monitor England and they have to monitor us and then they share the info between them. So basically the International globalists are sharing info but pretending they are not just going around privacy rules.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkwingduck

I've been too busy reading up on Trayvan, and licking my wounds over not winning the mega millions... Seems like there has been a lot of B.S. news lately. Wonder if there is a connection???

I was just telling someone yesterday that the MSM is distracting us from the real news.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would agree the amount of attention is far less than it was. Easier to slip it in that way.

What gets me is right above your post is an Obama add here on ATS, LOL. Everones money is good i guess Huh?! Even from those who are attempting to put you out of business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join