It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good reason for Internment Camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
CONTINGENCY PLAN SHOULD THE INFORMATION BECOME PUBLIC OR SHOULD THE ALIENS ATTEMPT TAKEOVER.
This plan called for a public announcement that a terrorist group had entered the United States with an Atomic weapon. It would be announced that the terrorists planned to detonate the weapon in a major city. Martial Law would be declared and all persons with implants would be rounded up along with all dissidents and would be placed into concentration camps. The press, radio, and TV would be nationalized and controlled. Anyone attempting to resist would be arrested or killed.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamstalker

That would make for a great movie plot. In fact it has been. Repeatedly. Some were good... Some ..eh? so/so.

In the real world, doing anything to 300 million people across 50 VAST states is going to be a hair more problematic than TPTB would imagine it to be, IMO. If every cop, soldier, bean counter and truck driver did precisely as plans called for and nothing went wrong....well...it would still be mission impossible on a timeline that makes the effort entirely moot if it takes too long.

Many cops and soldiers either would rebel and quit or....believe it and quit to care for their own families and to heck with everyone. Also... major cities can be controlled. Literally and physically. New York is a great city, and the world's largest prison so easily and quickly converted by bridges, tunnels and the sole northern overland access, for example, I wouldn't want to live there for JUST that reason if no other.

Doing anything remotely like that in Southwest Missouri or Eastern Kentucky is not just amusing to imagine...it would be downright entertaining to watch in the real world. The good 'ol boys of the West Virginia and Kentucky back country would be killing feds for years to come while the Militias out west would just declare themselves formal independent military commands and start recruiting to fight for real. The Mormons would simply close Utah and tell us all to forget it ever existed.

Again... Great movie plot because Hollywood can make it actually work. I don't think it ever could outside the movie screen. Just my thoughts.

* S/F for bringing it up. I don't doubt the plans like this exist. I just laugh to myself at the idiots in charge who wrote them.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree mostly with what you said, I see many variables within some of the plots though.
Fear can change ones opinion quickly.
The officers most likely to rebel would be the ones with the least amount to lose.
An opponent with a seeming lack of moral compass is not beneath using tactics which would inflict maximum fear among the people with the most to lose causing them to act out in ways they know they shouldn't.

one of my dumb metaphors for this would be like...
a guy taken hostage in his car will drive the robber with a gun pointed at him 100% of the time.
unless he's stupid, or insane.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are right about making a great movie, the funny thing, that is an extract from the MAJESTIC 12 documents discovered in the late 80s,

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

You are correct when you say people react strangely when under extreme duress, and as an example, look at the recent shootings at Oakland, they were all lined up and one by one executated, now I feel if I was in that line up and I was not the first one shot I would realize that It was going to be my turn soon and I believe the best defence is a good offence, and i think I would have tried to get the guy, however I was not in that situation to fully realize the extent of the situation.

new topics

top topics

join